“Well located on the beach side of the Coast Highway.”

Seaside Laguna Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 26 July 2013

A nice place to stay for a nite after attending the Laguna Beach Pageant of the Masters. Room 110 was a small European sized room but more than OK for one nite. The queen sized bed pretty much filled the room but was comfortable and the sheets and pillows were clean. Likewise the tiny bathroom was clean and the towels, while not plush nor large, were adequate as were the little soaps, lotion and shampoo. It is located on the beach side of the Coast Highway and serviced by the free Laguna Shuttle which made it a piece of cake getting to and from the Pageant. The front desk staff were nice and helpful - pointed out where to catch the free shuttle and gave us a great recommendation for lunch (rooftop of the Casa del Camino hotel with a nice ocean view). While nothing is cheap in Laguna Beach we found the rate here to be among the lowest among hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UWHusky1968

Reviewed 26 July 2013

First off let me say, 2 years ago I started the painstaking journey of working on a business called AlertTheGlobe.com. A month after the 'dream' (read about it on alerttheglobe.com) I was walking the streets of Laguna Beach and stumbled on Seaside Laguna Inn at the end of town, kind of. I walked in to check room availability and ended up practically staying there on and off for months and months. My home is Mt. Shasta Ca and my office was in Burbank, but Laguna was calling me, for I love the ocean. Well I loved staying at Seaside quite a bit. It was nice and clean and the views are the best. But what I loved most was the two gentlemen I met, Majic and Tino. These two souls are probably the warmest, kindest people one could meet. They were not just Hotel Managers, they were people that actually cared about people. About a year ago, Tino and Majik left. I stopped going to Seaside.
Will last week, like a boy excited about Christmas coming, I learned something. Tino and Majik are BACK!! AlertTheGlobe started in those rooms and now, thanks to the new owners of Seaside, ATG gets to come back!! Yahooo!!! Thanks to the great spirit in the sky and waters. Thanks to you Tino and Majik. And to all you reading this, I would take a venture down the street in Laguna Beach to meet these two most wonderful souls. And, yes, the place is a lot nicer than when I stayed there so STAY THERE too.

Room Tip: Just ask Tino or Majik or get in touch with me via my website.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly young lady who was efficient and took care of all our needs. We were so happy with the location, which was right on the free trolley circuit. The rooms are small, but the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, with a freh scent. I wish there had been a pool, but we were on the ocean side of the street.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank genglertNorfolk_VA
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This "hotel" is dirty and poorly provided. If it were a hostel it would be among the lower rated. The floor, simulated wood composite, turned my feet black from dirt and grime. I think that it is merely swept out and rarely washed. There was hair in the shower. Everything is of the lowest quality. The two plastic cups are so thin that they distort with the lightest touch. No mirror other than a small one over the basic sink, which still has what looks like encrusted tooth paste on the faucet. There are who knows what kind of stains,some kind of greasy substance on the lamp shade. We have stayed at hotels in USA, Europe, Turkey, Israel, Greece, and Asia. A few of them were very basic. This hotel is equivalent to the most basic one we stay at, however even those were clean. The greeting at the desk was couteous. The price however was extremely excessive given the quality of the facility and the same as a wonderful hotel we stay in Carlsbad the night before. If you have $180+ to spend on a hotel go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Jan C
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I did a lot of research trying to find a reasonable, nice seaside hotel with an ocean view in Laguna. This was a great choice. Recently remodeled so everything was nice. It was great to wake up and see/hear the ocean (2nd floor rooms). This is not a fancy hotel but it is clean, comfortable and nice. It was an easy walk to great restaurants for breakfast and dinner and a reasonable walk into town. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a delightful time. This place will now be our "go to" place when we stay in Laguna.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sdgirl_tripper
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This Hotel was every thing they said it was. Friendly staff affordable prices and the rooms are remodled. The rooms are very clean, they have hardwood floors, nice bathroom appliances, although they still need to replace a few things in the bathroom. The sheets felt clean the beds are very comfy to get a restfull nights sleep, and the beach access is right around the corner. Will definitly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank emeyer2
Reviewed 25 June 2013

My family and i just spent five nights at this hotel. We had originally booked a room on the first floor, but when we asked if we could change our room to one with a bathtub instead of shower, they very nicely put us in another room which was on the second floor and had a fabulous view of the ocean. A young woman named Jasmine very nicely wrote down a list of restaurant recommendations for us and they were all excellent. The hotel is very nicely kept - rooms are new and clean and well-kept. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Prices are very reasonable for Laguna Beach, which tends to be expensive.

Room Tip: Try second floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family