“Luxury all the way”

Decor- chic
Service- outstanding
Bed- super comfy
Linens- fluffy

I stayed here one night and was a very happy camper! I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff everywhere you went were unfailingly polite and the sea views are so relaxing and beautiful. I stayed in a 2 queen bed room. There were plush slippers, fancy bath products and robes. The complimentary water and chocolates just added to the already lux feel. The rooms are a calm yellow and white oasis with a ridiculously awesome bathroom. They even have a speaker for the tv in the bathroom so you can still hear it.

I'm coming back when I'm not working so I can enjoy the gorgeous heated pool and a massage at the spa!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

I am glad that the comforts of the room and all the special touches made for such a wonderful experience. We hope to create another luxurious getaway for you in the near future.

Warm regards,

Todd Orlich

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is the third year in a row that our company has used the Montage in Laguna Beach for our Western Region Sales Conference and I can honestly say that it is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in - and I have traveled to over 40 countries! The staff is fantastic. The facilities are first class. The restaurants are outstanding and the views of the Pacific Ocean are spectacular. We will be coming back again and again. It's a magical place. Simply extraordinary!

Andrew Janczak
President
ENECON Corporation

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

just stayed at the montage last night for a wedding and it was wonderful! we have stayed at the St Regis in laguna before but the Montage is the way to go! the staff was incredibly helpful and nice. Our room had a complimentary bottle of champagne, when we left, our car had 2 montage baseball hats in it as well as water bottles - they did not miss a beat. if you can afford it you should definitely stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

There is a reason this is a 5-star resort. Everything and everyone is attended to. Beautiful location just above the beach. We were blessed to see Catalina Island lit by the morning sun.

Hated to check out.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank SONLVN
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I travel 50 weeks a year for business, and this is the nicest hotel that I have stayed for business in 5 years. Although I was hear for a business conference, this is a very special resort for couples. The location perched above Laguna Beach with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. The grounds are immaculate. The lodge is beautiful. I stayed in one of the bungalows closest to the water and it was perfect. I had a semi-private backyard. The service was 5-star. Service was always a phone call away. Also, the hotel is close to Coast Highway and directly across the street from a CVS, large grocery store, pizza place, and classic American diner. I am extremely happy with my stay.

My only criticism is the price of WiFi in such an expensive resort seemed excessive, and even with the more expensive high-speed Internet service, I could barely open email attachments.

Room Tip: Request a bungalow. I was in room 7130, which is the nicest location on the property.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FlightSurgeon66
Reviewed 7 February 2014

After staying at the Ritz, St. Regis and Pelican many times, we finally decided to try the Montage. What a big disappointment. I would say at best it is a 4 star hotel. We have experienced many fine resorts during our travels and this one doesn't come close to any of them. Here's my rationale:

Pro's:
Right on the ocean
Nice pool
Great view of the ocean from the hot tub
Bathroom in our room was above average (walk in shower, dual vanity)
Nice view from the lobby to the ocean

Con's:
Horrible parking
Lobby is nothing impressive
Couches and chairs in the lobby area were worn out
Rooms were no better than an average hotel - other than the bathroom
Furniture in the rooms was a big disappointment - same as an average run of the mill hotel
Only warm water in the shower the night of our stay
32" TV
Beach was nothing that great and small (compared to the beach at the Ritz)
Too many people all around the path to the beach and beach itself
Slow service during breakfast at the loft

I certainly wouldn't stay again. Other hotels in the area supercede this hotel in all categories. It just seemed really congested and the hotel itself did not live up to expectations. Bottom line, it was an okay place and okay location but not great and didn't have that wow factor you get when you pay $600/night and stay at a true 5 star hotel. If you want a relaxing get away this sure isn't it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BillDen

Please respond to the private message I sent you. I would like to offer my formal apologies for the issues you encountered. We truly value your feedback and are eager to redefine your impression of Montage.

Sincere regards,

Todd Orlich

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Second time to stay at the Montage. Outstanding location, views, amenities and staff. Hotel manager and his staff were very helpful with suggestions. Never had to look far or long for help. Beach access tremendous. Cannot wait to return. The request by Trip Advisor for a 200 character review can be be a challenge.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 18 in Newport Beach
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!