“Even The Bunnies Relax Here!”

Montage Laguna Beach
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This incredible hotel pulls out all the stops - breathtaking views, killer dining, impeccable service and they even own the best part of Laguna Beach....their very own cove, on the water! One of the nicest pools, in Southern CA. Worth every penny spent. Highly recommended. It doesn't get any more romantic than this!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zachary A
There are newer reviews for Montage Laguna Beach

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spectacular views, first class accommodations and anticipatory and courteous service. It doesn't get much better than Montage Laguna Beach. Amazing sunsets and a lot to do in the area from golf, shopping, dining, cultural.

Room Tip: All rooms are stunning with ocean views. Have stayed several times and never had a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Truly memorable holiday to the Montage. This was our last stop on a travelling trip through America and so was chosen as a 'chill-out' part. Beautiful rooms, delicious food (The Loft is a particular highlight) discreet yet attentive staff and fabulous beach. The children were well-catered for and made to feel welcome in every part of the hotel. My son lost his goggles and the hotel sent brand new ones to our room without us even asking! It was my other sons' birthday while we were here and again, they made him feel special with a cake delivered to the room and a special cake at dinner. The only thing I would change is to get the loungers onto the beach before 10.30am and leave them there later than 4.30pm! The day we left the staff at The Loft wrote us a beautiful card and gave us gifts. It was incredibly touching. We will definitely be back. Thank you to all the staff for providing such a wonderful and relaxing end to our holiday in the States.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-view room. Some are directly facing the ocean, others have view to the side. We had side...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MauricioSouzaDoR, Director of Rooms at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

We are delighted that you chose to stay at Montage Laguna Beach to conclude your vacation in the U.S.A. and thank you for being our guests. I am very happy to learn that your visit was wonderful and will be certain to thank our associates for their efforts in creating memories for you and your family. We hope to welcome you again in the future!

Gratefully,

Mauricio Souza
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Everything from the front desk to the pool to the food was excellent. Loved the bathrooms and the robes. Everyone greeted u with a smile. Great views of the ocean. The weddings there were also gorgeous. They have plenty of people working at the pool as well so service is quick. A great relaxing retreat!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place has it figured out... they know exactly how to maximize what they have. Like any hotel, there are some drawbacks, but you will barely notice them because the rest is done so well.

The service is some of the best. I arrived with my little dog, who was greeted and given a toy, and we were personally taken to our room. The room itself is a bit of a disappointment-- the approach feels like a motel and the ceilings are a bit low-- but that's the only real 'minus' of the place. They do all they can to deliver on what they have: the bathroom is well appointed- the spa scrub brush will have you asking 'are you sure I can take this with me?".

The service is flawless. Perfect. One day while eating my lunch (and not really enjoying it) they came over and said they saw I hadn't eaten much and they wanted to replace it. I never said anything-- it was just their care in noticing. The service of the staff has an authentic warmth to it-- on my third day there they recognized me and also my patterns (aka: that I did email in the lobby each night and they would expect me).

The beach is beautiful. Dogs aren't allowed unleashed which is a little bummer because they sure want to run in the waves.

If service is your thing- go. You will love it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AdornoLou
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family stayed at the Montage Laguna Beach for 10 amazing nights. The resort and the grounds are gorgeous. Most of the rooms have some ocean view and ours was no exception. The room view was the best part of our stay. The sunset each evening just took our breath away. But the room itself was nothing special. It was cozy with a southern country vibe, but it was way too small for a family of three. We were a little high maintenance during our stay, requesting a crib, pack and play, diaper genie, and a second refrigerator. They even helped us set up our nanny cam with their wireless internet. Everything was fulfilled without any problems or delay, just great service. Some older kid had a number two in the kiddy pool, but they had it drained and cleaned the following day. Problem solved.
Just a few complaints. The valet had a huge problem with our car one of the days. I guess an employee had parked their car behind ours, so they couldn't retrieve it for us. Normally, we would have just taken a cab, but we needed our car seat. Of course they were apologetic, but we understandably just wanted our car, not an apology. I feel like the valet attendants were trying to hide the fact that this happened so they wouldn't get in trouble. We were still charged about $400 for valet services during our stay, no refund or discount for their mistake. So obviously no one was told of the this, even though we had asked several times.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
MauricioSouzaDoR, Director of Rooms at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at Montage Laguna Beach. I am very grateful that you and your family chose to spend a part of your summer with us and am thrilled that we are now your "new favorite resort in Laguna." I regret that your experience with our Valet team took away from an otherwise pleasant visit and would like to formally apologize to you. Please respond to the private message I’ve sent you - I look forward to hearing from you.

Mauricio Souza
Director of Rooms

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I have traveled extensively both for work and pleasure for 30 years and Montage is by far, the nicest hotel/resort we have ever stayed at. From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty. Our guest receptionist, Stephanie, was kind enough to show us around before personally showing us to our room. The views will take your breathe away, the room is elegantly appointed, the bathroom is luxurious with a soaking tub and fluffy robes. The food at the Montage is delicious, the service is excellent, and the memories you will make will last a lifetime. My husband and I felt like two love birds, walking hand in hand on the perfectly groomed path behind the hotel, stopping on the well placed benches to ooh and aah at the ocean views. At night you can grab a drink and sit by the fire or take a swim in the gorgeous pool. The beds are so comfortable I didn't want to leave. I will wear the Montage cap left on our dashboard with pride and be the biggest ambassador for this outstanding resort. I tip my cap to the GM, you have done a fine job sir.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#5 of 18 in Newport Beach
Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!