and 1 more site!
Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

Our first beach front experience, we stayed in the jr suite and it was amazing!! Looking to book again soon!

• Stayed June 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thanks for the great review! I'm thrilled that you such a wonderful time with us. We can't wait to see you again!

Take care,
Bill Tremper, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

We have stayed at the Pacific Edge twice and both time have been truly amazing. The beachfront rooms are right over the sand and so close to the water it's great to hear the sounds of the ocean right outside your room. The room service is fresh, quick and delicious. The staff is extremely nice and were more than accommodating. It's right within walking distance from the restaurants and bars in town. We stayed in a room right next to the door where housekeeping used and it didn't bother us a bit, they were pretty quiet. Room was very clean and we have never had any problems during both our stays. A special thanks to Javid at the front desk, such a nice, respectful and helpful gentleman. Can't wait to stay here again!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
Bill T, General Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Steve,

I'm thrilled to hear that you all had such a fabulous time! Laguna Beach is the perfect place to relax, and it's our pleasure to help you do just that. Thank you for the kind words. Let us know if there's anything we can do to make your stay that much better.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

My son and I stayed 4 nights as this hotel, we had the"best room"in the house with our own private balcony. The view was great. However, the room smelled. The sofa sleeper was dirty and torn. We were afraid to sit on it, at alone sleep on it. The carpet was all stained up. We paid for a private balcony and had other guest walking through the balcony here and there. In the pictures, the beach looks nice and clean. However, the beach was dirty, lots of seaweed and bugs. Not much entertainment in the area. The staff was okay, nothing special. The walls are paper thin, so you hear everything. We ate at the Beach House and the Deck only to find out they have the exact same menu. All the food is served out of the Beach House kitchen. The bathroom had water damage/mold. And it was hard to regulate the water temperature.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Danielle H
Danielle,

We take pride in maintaining a pristine, welcoming hotel. I apologize if this was not your experience. What you've described is unacceptable, and I will be sure to discuss it with our team. I want to make this right for you. Please don't hesitate to call me at (949) 281-5709 if you'd like to discuss this further.

Best,
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

My best friend and I stayed at Pacific Edge for four nights in January. Our goals: get some sun, relax a lot, and do a little exploring. The hotel was perfect for our needs.

Our room (the cheapest available) was nothing fancy, just your standard double bed motel room, but the decor was a step up from your standard bland interior and the sheets were wonderfully soft. The only window was a sliding glass door to a public outdoor walkway, which was a bit of a bummer -- we would've loved to keep a window open for airflow and the sound of the waves -- but then again, we got a good deal on the room and weren't expecting anything beyond a comfortable place to sleep.

When I'm on vacation in an urban area, I like to take a vacation from driving as well, and Pacific Edge is great for visitors without a car. The location is within easy walking distance of Laguna Beach's restaurants and bars. There is a grocery store directly across the street, so keeping the mini fridge stocked is a snap. We even discovered a nearby bus that took us to Dana Point (and the ferry to Catalina) for a shockingly reasonable $1.50.

If you don't want to go anywhere, that's fine too. We spent a good portion of our trip splashing and lounging on the hotel beach, where a helpful attendant supplies guests with loungers and towels. Oh that beach! Since it was only a few flights of stairs from our room, it was easy to stay all day and nip back to the room for a snack or a beverage refill.

We'll be back ... and next time we may even spring for an ocean-view room!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill T, General Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
We're thrilled that we could help you and your friend get a little sun back in January! It's wonderful to hear how impressed you were with our staff, and the easy access of our location. Thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon!

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

We were able to stay one night at this hotel. It was refreshing, cute and quiet. It is an older one that they have tried to refresh. We did not have a beach view, but we had an ocean view! With the balcony it made it extra special. We could smell the great food from the upscale restaurant on the property. The private beach area was smaller but nice and there were boys to help you get towel and chairs. It seems that dogs were allowed there. Didn't bother us, just entertainment. Nice office staff!

Room Tip: If you only have one or two nights go for the ocean view room. Lots of steps at this motel so the c...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lisa,

There's nothing better than an ocean view! Glad we could help you get away for a little R&R. Thanks for the lovely review. We hope to see you again soon!

Palos Verdes Estates, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel and I must say the staff was very nice, but......the rooms very very motel quality. It was more expensive than Las Brisas for so much less. My biggest problem was the morning noise. We booked last minute, so we were given the room next to housekeeping, who were loudly talking at 7 am on SUNDAY. Casa or Las Brisas are much better choices for Laguna in the $200 range!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bill T, General Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
While I'm happy that our staff made you feel welcome, I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the rest of your stay. I understand how frustrating it must have been to be awakened by our cleaning staff in the morning. Did you request a different room? Even though your reservation was last-minute, we would have been happy to find you another room if any were available. I'm sorry about this, but I hope you'll give us another opportunity to impress you next time you're in Laguna Beach. Thank you for your feedback.

Best,
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have stayed at the Pacific Edge Hotel probably 8 times, all while working in the OC area. I choose to stay here because the location is great, as I have travel to Newport, Costa Mesa, SJC, etc, and it is very easy to get to all of these places. I could stay in some corporate hotel in Santa Ana or Anaheim, but I stick with this Hotel for a number of reasons.

It's a great value. Even the cheapest room is 50 steps from the beach and you can generally afford them on a work budget. I work all day then spend some time on the beach in the complimentary lounge chairs, or getting some of the great food at the Beach House or the Deck. Around half the times I go, I have gotten an upgrade just for asking.

The staff is great. I have gotten to know the front desk staff well enough by now that they greet me by first name, offer me an upgrade (I got the top floor ocean view last time) and they do a stellar job. Talk to my man Steven (I think that's his name, hes a small Asian guy) and he will hook you up with any request you may have. They work hard to be accommodating here, without that Hilton/Marriott generic feel/training style.

The location is perfect. Right on the water, walk-able from Main Beach, and you literally have the ocean lapping at your balcony if you are on those rooms.

The rooms are clean, spacious and fit my needs perfectly. I have never had any complaints about cleanliness or room size or location. Everything about the rooms, from my 8 experiences, has been perfect.

If you are looking to stay at something like the Montage, well, this ain't your spot. If you are looking for a great, non-pretentious, fun, perfect, affordable, chill hotel, then this is.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. You'll want to stay in the tower across Sleepy Hollow Ln.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Jeff,

It's wonderful to hear that we've helped you make the most of your work trips. I'm proud to see how impressed you've been with our staff. Everyone really does want to make sure that you have a great stay, and I'm glad they've been able to hook you up. I'll be sure to share this with everyone — I know they'll be happy to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words. They mean so much to us. I'm sure we'll be seeing you again soon!

Take care,