We and various extended family members have stayed in this hotel many times over the years. It used to be the best-kept secret for oceanfront lodging in Laguna, although it was definitely old-school with regards to some upkeep. The new owners have upped the prices (and maintenance), but it's not for someone expecting a 5-star experience. What you will get is an eclectic selection of rooms and building locations with many different views and amenities, and still a good value for its location in Laguna. A family wedding in town recently had three different family groups staying here. The two-bedroom suite that two families stayed in faced Coast Hwy. on one side, but had an ocean view from the back--looking over the Beach House restaurant to the water. There was a kitchen and large dining and living room area which our extended family used a lot. The third floor is your best chance for a good view from this building. We've also stayed in the past in the buildings with rooms right on the beach, and loved it. They have beach chairs and umbrellas available on the beach. There is a new bar and cabanas available, although we miss the rooms that were in the space they occupy. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach