By the looks of the photos on their website the Laguna Beach Pacific Edge Hotel seems like it would be fresh, trendy and a nice ocean-front accommodation. We have stayed in Laguna Beach many times but this was our first time staying at the Pacific Edge Hotel. When we arrived we immediately noticed the property and the pools seemed very old "motel-ish" feeling. When we got inside our deluxe ocean front room with adjoining room for the kids, we were very disappointed in the condition. The view from the King bedroom balcony was spectacular, however, our room which was the closest to their bar/restaurant was extremely noisy and lacked any type of privacy as guests eating outside seemed as if they were right with us on our balcony. There was also a bar stereo speaker attached to our balcony so ALL day and evening we heard loud music in our room. When we finally complained about the manager turned it off for us be it was back on the very next day. Both the King room and the two Queen adjoining room were very run-down inside, including the bathrooms. Much of it was general maintenance that was obviously lacking. We complained and asked if there was a room that was more updated and less run-down but the second room they showed us looked just the same if not a little worse and that particular two-Queen bed adjoining room smelled really bad. We didn't realize this was a pet-friendly hotel either and many of the other people staying there did have dogs on the property and the beach, one of which ran into our room and had to be chased out by it's owner. The beach that is in front of the Pacific Edge is beautiful and perfect for the kids to play and run in the surf but seeing all the dogs do their "business" on it grossed me out to think our kids were burying themselves in that sand and building sand castles. Overall, we would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach