“Javid Bholat”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Javid Bholat”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Amazing views, beautiful hotel, fell in love with this place!! Javid is the best host ever, most welcoming person I have met in a hotel. I travel the world and if you decide to come to Laguna please come see Javid, he will direct to the right locations, make you feel like a local and start your vacation off the way it should be! Thank you Javid for making my vacation perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbsolutKristen
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Javid is going to be so happy to hear from you! I'm thrilled that he and the rest of our team made you feel welcome, and that you enjoyed every minute of your stay. Thanks, Kristen! Looking forward to welcoming you back!

All the best,
Bill Tremper, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here years ago when it was Vacation Village. Cleaned up since then. For me the main attraction is that you are literally on the beach. My room was clean, freshly painted, everything worked; including large fridge and coffee maker with very good in room coffee. One queen bed, dinette, kitchenette.

Staff was very polite and very helpful. There's a charge for parking and valet system. This means your car is available--never took more than 5 minutes for me--and it doesn't get parking lot dents.

This is within walking distance of downtown Laguna Beach--and all the services and activities there. There is a trolley in summer.

Visited at height of season and found no wild, loud parties, and pretty much no real noise after about 11pm. Lots of activities for kids and wine tasting and so on, hosted by the hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors have incredible ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ron P
Laguna Beach is the perfect place for a relaxing late-summer get away! It sounds like you had a lovely time with us, Ron, and I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your room. Thanks for the kind words, and come back and see us next time you need some sun!

Regards,
Reviewed 25 August 2013

It's a very nice hotel to stay. It's right on the beach end the staff is so nice and helpful. Carolyn the activity coordinator was great with the kids and made sure we always knew what kind of activities were available to us. And there are so many to choose from.loved the painting lessons on the beach.
It was clean and in walking distance to everything. Just a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank lizsvenr
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Yes, those beach-side painting lessons are always a blast! We're delighted that you and your family had such a lovely stay, and we really appreciate your kind feedback. Thanks, and keep us in mind next time you need a little sunshine!

Regards,
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I loved my trip to Pacific Edge. The staff were great all around, especially the beach attendants and the carolyn who did activities. Smores were amazing and I had never had them with reeses before. The location of the hotel is great too as it is within walking distance to everything. Loved the Taco Bell next door as well.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank 3kkandies
We loved having you here! Thank you for making us a part of your trip, and for the wonderful review. We hope to have you back next summer—or sooner!

Cheers,
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 August 2013

The experience here is California Beach. Do not look for lots of extras or luxury in the design of the rooms themselves - or of the hotel (not a great place for those with mobility issues). That said, location is great for walking Laguna & for taking the summer trolley. The beach is wonderful & beach service ( including chairs, towels, umbrellas & very helpful beach staff) is complementary & fabulous! Beds are comfy, linens nice enough & most room towels are fluffy. Keurig coffee makers & fridges in rooms are convenient touches as is complimentary coffee in lobby. Our first night was in a room by the street that had not yet been renovated and sleep was impossible. Front desk staff Madison was understanding & moved us to a room near the beach & off the street that had been nicely renovated. Thank you! If you can afford it, beach front rooms are the best.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing the street. Ask for a building as near the beach as possible. Beach fron...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dianne A
Yes, those beach front rooms are pretty great! I'm glad we were able to move you, Dianne, and that you had a lovely time with us. Thank you, and we can't wait to have you back next time you need a little sun!

Regards.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I could have given this a 1* but thankfully they sorted my issue out recently, so it's 5* all the way. I'll focus on the positives first with the one negative at the end.

Me and my girlfriend spent 3 nights here with an ocean room view, and although it was pretty expensive it was worth every last penny. You're paying for the view and balcony, and whether you're spending time there for breakfast, a afternoon rest, watching the sunset, looking for seals/dolphins, a few beers in the evening or just chilling out by yourself at 2am listening to the waves with a Lagunitas IPA the balcony serves it's purpose.

With the view an balcony, you don't need to be going out all the time to eat and drink. We ate out only one night at Tommy Bahamma, and lunch at this cool taco place Taco Loco over the road. For drinks we went to this place that did their own beer BJ's and a pub over the road. The rest of the time we went to the supermarket over the road and bought all our beer, wine, and food there. So although the ocean view is expensive, you can make good use of it and save money on food and drink. We didn't even have to go to the hotel bar, as the view from the room was better. So take that into account when deciding whether you can afford the ocean view or not.

Waking up in the morning and opening the curtain and balcony door and going back to bed to properly wake up was another cool experience.

If any of you are thinking of proposing to your girlfriends then this is an ideal setting as well. The sunset is magnificent, you've got decent privacy, you've got a fridge to put some champagne and glasses in, a local store that did these huge strawberries covered in chocolates and basically I doubt either of you could pick a better setting, my and my now fiancee certainly couldn't and we're already thinking of coming back next April.

The room is very spacious, good big comfortable bed, tacky furniture that in another hotel wouldn't work but it did here, the shower is pretty poor but then again most showers in older hotels are poor so no big deal.

My only negative comment was when I booked, I got no confirmation for 2 weeks, then had to call them, they said they didn't have a booking in my name, and couldn't search by credit card number and basically said "tough luck". Therefore I had to book again at a more expensive rate than I originally secured, which was frustrating as they wouldn't honour the original price. Then after I got home they took money from my credit card, the guy who took my original booking had given me some ridiculous name therefore it looked like to the hotel that I just didn't turn up (although I was there of course on my more expensive second booking). This took a few weeks to resolve and the guy who did resolve it was very helpful, my issue is with the booking staff as I ended up "out of pocket" technically. The booking staff may or may not be based at the hotel, either way that's no excuse for making such an error.

It says a lot about the place that I'm still giving it a 5 despite the issue with the booking. Hopefully not the same issue if we decide to go back there in April.

Room Tip: Try and get there as early as possible to enjoy every last minute, I'd have loved to have arrive...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jigsinsy
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
You're absolutely right—it really does mean a lot to us that we were able to earn five stars from you, especially after the booking mishap. We're so glad that we were able to clear that up, and that you and your fiance were so impressed with your room. Thank you for your patience, and for making us a part of this special celebration. We'd love to have you back again soon, but until then, congratulations!

Cheers,
Eibergen, Gelderland, Netherlands
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Terrible hotel. We arrived and we booked a two bedroom appartment 6 months before. When we came in after our flight from Holland (12hours) the room was not available because of maintenance.....two days later it could be booked. Theo had simply given it away to someone else. We have two daughters who are 8 and 10 and we wanted connecting rooms and that was not possibile. We saw the rooms and we were very pleased that we could go away! The pool is no good and there is much noise. You don't want to be there in your holidays.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark G
First off, please allow me to apologize. After a twelve hour flight, we can completely understand your frustration, and we wish we could have given you and your family a comfortable room in a more timely manner. That said, the mishap you've described is quite surprising, and we want to make this right for you, especially since you had been looking forward to your stay. Please contact us at bookpacificedge(at)jdvhotels(dot)com if you'd like to discuss this further, Mark.

Warm regards,