Before I arrived at this hotel I was extremely anxious. The reviews after we booked it seemed to be very negative and I was very close to cancelling the reservation! Travelling all the way from Ireland I wanted my stay in all my hotels to be perfect because I couldn't afford to come out and do it all again the right way!
Luckily, I didn't cancel and thank god! Firstly, the staff are really nice and were really chatty during checkin and really helpful giving us information on restaurants in the area. The room we were allocated was absolutely amazing, two seconds away from the beach which is exactly why we wanted to visit laguna beach!
A lot of complaints about the rooms being a bit run down and I have to agree to an extent. However, everything worked just fine. The bed was lovely, the kitchen was a welcome extra along with the table and two chairs. The bathroom was perhaps the worst element, but to be honest the whole experience was so lovely I didn't care.
Overall I think the vibe of this hotel is spot on. Is it really fancy and modern? No. However it is welcoming, clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It's location is fantastic and everything you could want is within a walkable distance. If you're worried about coming here don't be because it is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach