There are several buildings, some on the beach and some behind the beach front ones. We booked a room here based on its location. We had got a room in the back building and decided to go for the deluxe rather than the basic room. The deluxe featured a kitchenette, which was great because we like to eat breakfast in. The windows faced the back of the ocean front buildings, but you could glimpse the ocean between the buildings. The room on the other side of the building faced PCH and must have been very noisey all night.
Kitchenette had seen better days, rust at the bottom of the fridge, worn cabinet finishes. You have to ask for dishes and utensils. All had seen better days.
One wall AC/heater with fan. This was the only ventilation source. Had to leave it on all day, otherwise the room got very stuffy.
Wifi never worked.
Bed side lamps switches where broken. Had to twist the bulbs to turn on and off.
Furniture was well worn and scuffed.
Window latches were broken, we were provided a wooden stick to secure the windows closed.
No elevator in our building. Awkward stair steps connecting the buildings. Watch your footing!!
Parking is an extra $24 per day.
Location!! Access to the beach with chairs and sun umbrellas provided, 2 pools and 1 hot tub.
Near the center of town and all its activities.
10% off on local stores, restaurants and business.
Polite customer service. Great coffee at main enterance.
Parking in the residental area can be found in about 2 blocks.
Cleaning staff is excellent!!
Very quite even with the large number of families with young children.
In summary, we would stay here again for it's location on the beach side of PCH and proxcimity to the center of town. Some of the other buildings in this hotel complex seem to have been recently rennovated and the furnishings seem newer. But you have to have stayed here before to know which building is renovated and which one has not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach