Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$177
Hotels.com
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$298
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$342
US$329
  • Pool
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$341
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$129
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$227
Travelocity
US$342
US$330
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
US$130
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
US$951
US$909
  • Pool
Crescent Bay Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$267
1,479 results
All reviewsreef buildingocean frontsurf wingdeck restaurantdriftwood kitchenoceanfront roomvalet servicelounge chairssound of the waveshigh tideupon checkthe entire staffshops and restaurantsgrocery storebalconybeachlaguna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed in the Reef Tower. The room was very spacious - it had a full kitchen (with a pink stove!). There are no cooking utensils and I didn't want to invest in them on vacation (we didn't spend a ton of time in Laguna anyway), so we didn't really make use of anything except the refrigerator. There is a grocery store just across the street with a great produce selection, so we stocked up on fruit to snack on. The room has a Keurig coffee maker.

Our room was not "technically" beach-front but it was VERY close and we still had a great view of the water. We booked at a discounted rate so I could not have asked for a better view for the price!

Within a very short walking distance is a Taco Bell, a great breakfast/lunch place called the Orange Inn (excellent lattes), the grocery store and lots of boutique-style shopping. If Starbucks is your morning thing, it would be a bit of a walk or you can drive to it in less than 5 minutes.

OTHER NOTES:

I don't think the heater worked in our room but when we were there it was pretty much just to sleep and shower, so we stayed warm under the comfy blankets!

Upon check-in, Kim was working the front desk. She was very helpful and friendly.

If you drive here, plan to pay for valet. It is $24/day but worth it because there is no where to park on the street. The valet guys are very friendly.

We did not eat at The Deck (restaurant on property) so I cannot add any review about it.

Our room was very clean and came with free Wi-Fi.

I have attached a photo from our room. The view is partially blocked by the building next door but it is still a great view.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thanks for leaving such a detailed account of your stay! We're glad you enjoyed it, but we wish we could have checked on your heater during your visit—we don't want anyone to be chilly! We'll definitely look into that, but in the meantime thanks for sharing that photo with us, Paula—we love that sunny beach view!

Hope to have you back soon,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise for the rate. Considering its location (right on the beach and within walking distance of shops, restaurants, and other activities), colorful and clean rooms, a nice lobby, and a good restaurant and deck overlooking the ocean, the rates are very good. I had a small room without an ocean view, but it was basic, clean, and equipped with requested microwave and refrigerator. I would have liked a chair in the room to check emails on my laptop or even just to sit somewhere other than on the bed. The walls between rooms are paper thin and I heard more than I wanted to hear from my neighbors. Otherwise, this is a very nice hotel at surprisingly affordable rates.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

A wonderful view and a great rate—that's what we're all about! Thanks for staying with us, and for sharing your feedback regarding our walls. It's definitely something we're looking in to for our future guests! In the meantime, we hope to welcome you back again next time you need a little sun, Belle-Lettrist. After all, you can't beat this view!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was in Laguna for an annual event with friends and the hotel that everyone else was at was full, so I looked nearby. I was amazed to find Pacific Edge right there and at a pretty reasonable price. If you travel much and look for "value" hotels, you've likely run across at least one that appears to be either on older motel or apartment building converted into a hotel. The part of Pacific Edge that I stayed in was that kind of building. There are several distinct buildings, and I did not look at the others, so this review is only for the building immediately facing Pacific Coast Hwy.
The linens were very nice (this seems to be a common denominator with this type of hotel). The room and bathroom were clean. The staff was unfailingly nice and helpful.
The downside is that when these buildings are converted, they almost never replace the windows or HVAC systems, at least in my experience. A lot of road noise came through the windows because they are not well sealed - it's not worth the cost in this area. The HVAC had no heat, and when I asked I was told that all the heaters were taken (who needs heating in southern California? Me when it's in the dead of Winter and it's pretty cold outside). The TV didn't work, but that was not a big deal for me, as I was just looking for the weather report, but if you watch much TV when traveling, it might be a problem if the problem wasn't fixed. The door to the bathroom was a but banged up around the edges - just normal wear, and it was clean - showing the age of the building.
If I stayed here again, I would likely pay a little more for one of the rooms in another building farther away from the street.
Also, note that the only parking is valet. There is, however, a loading area at the office where you can pick up or drop off.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get a room away from the street, if available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank skaterdude

Thanks for your feedback. Although I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I'm sorry that you were a bit chilly during your visit. We should have had a heating unit available for you, and I'll speak to our team about this right away. That aside, you left some great suggestions for us, and we'll keep them in mind as we continue our renovations. Thank you, and we hope you'll keep us in mind next time you need to get away.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The hotel is on a beautiful area of Laguna beach. Our room was not all that large and appeared somewhat old and run down but the price was reasonable for the location, overall location great but hotel was not.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank How29
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Sorry you were disappointed with your room. We're currently in the midst of making the necessary upgrades for our guests, but we wish we had been able to show you a better time. Still, we're glad that you loved being so close to the beach, and we hope to have you back next time you need a little sun. We know we have what it takes to show you a fabulous vacation!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

There are several buildings, some on the beach and some behind the beach front ones. We booked a room here based on its location. We had got a room in the back building and decided to go for the deluxe rather than the basic room. The deluxe featured a kitchenette, which was great because we like to eat breakfast in. The windows faced the back of the ocean front buildings, but you could glimpse the ocean between the buildings. The room on the other side of the building faced PCH and must have been very noisey all night.

Downside:
Kitchenette had seen better days, rust at the bottom of the fridge, worn cabinet finishes. You have to ask for dishes and utensils. All had seen better days.
One wall AC/heater with fan. This was the only ventilation source. Had to leave it on all day, otherwise the room got very stuffy.
Wifi never worked.
Bed side lamps switches where broken. Had to twist the bulbs to turn on and off.
Furniture was well worn and scuffed.
Window latches were broken, we were provided a wooden stick to secure the windows closed.
No elevator in our building. Awkward stair steps connecting the buildings. Watch your footing!!
Parking is an extra $24 per day.

Upside:
Location!! Access to the beach with chairs and sun umbrellas provided, 2 pools and 1 hot tub.
Near the center of town and all its activities.
10% off on local stores, restaurants and business.
Polite customer service. Great coffee at main enterance.
Parking in the residental area can be found in about 2 blocks.
Cleaning staff is excellent!!
Very quite even with the large number of families with young children.

In summary, we would stay here again for it's location on the beach side of PCH and proxcimity to the center of town. Some of the other buildings in this hotel complex seem to have been recently rennovated and the furnishings seem newer. But you have to have stayed here before to know which building is renovated and which one has not.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the beach front.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeacenikAlameda
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Although it is clear that we were unable to offer you a five-star visit, it's very encouraging to see that you enjoyed your trip. I'm thrilled that you look forward to visiting us again, and I can assure you that you'll be very impressed once all of our renovations are complete. Until then, thanks for your honest feedback, and please let us know if you have any further suggestions—we're all ears!