“The Perfect Getaway.”

Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“The Perfect Getaway.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The whole trip started when i called to make a reservation with the hotel. Bryan at the front desk was extremely helpfully and really set my family up to have a great little vacation. Bryan met all my family's needs from an ocean view to having a pack in play all set up in the room for my 2 year old daughter when we got in the room. When we got to the hotel James checked us in and descried all of the amenities that the hotel has to offer which really helped us plan our evening. We really enjoyed how Jordan helped us get some beach chairs and towels when we made our way down to the water. Overall i cant what to go back and stay at the Pacific Edge again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Thomas N
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
It was a pleasure to make you feel at home, Thomas! Bryan, Jordan and James will be thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back for years to come. Until next time, thanks for the fabulous review!

Best,
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Now this place is a gem. I got a great deal on Hotels.com. When I arrived the parking was a little confusing you have to go through the alley way to the valet. Once I got to the reservation desk to check in I was pleasantly surprised with the service. I asked for a better view and I was offered a beachfront view for hundred dollars more. I took it, & boy was I glad I did!!!!! I sat outside on my L-shaped patio above the ocean listening to the waves. I didn't even want to sleep....or be in the room- the view is that amazing. When I got to my room I had a bottle of complimentary wine;)

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
We're so glad you loved your stay, Christine! Thanks for making us a part of it, and for sharing your fantastic review. We can't wait to welcome you back again -- the ocean is beautiful in the winter, too!

Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This place has character. It's not 5 star but it is cosy and perfectly positioned on the sands of Laguna Beach. If you want salt, sand, surf and sun this place is for you. The rooms vary in class from the bungalows on the beach to those 50m away. Whatever your budget, come to relax and unwind. The beachside restaurant is great. Perfect for cocktail over sunset. Wifi is good and there are heaps of great restaurants within walking distance to enjoy. I had a great week here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Heiners
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
A California dream, indeed! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your week with us, and we hope to continue welcoming you back for years to come. Until then, thank you for sharing your kind words!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We just got back from spending 4 memory filled, relaxing nights here. Having now stayed at this property, I think some of the mixed reviews stem from guests who paid for something other than a beach front view. Don't expect to go to sleep and wake to the therapeutic sounds of waves if you don't book a beach front room. Our room was so close to the water that it created an optical illusion that we were actually looking out from an ocean view room on a cruise ship!

The dining experience at the "The Deck" was terrific and it too is right on the water. Both the food and service were great. No issues with the responsiveness of the valet on our trip.

In summary, great location, great service and great value. Select the room type to match your expectations. Understand that while this may not be a 5 star resort, nor are you paying for such. Having said that, the sunsets you will experience can't be beat at any price! We will be back!

Room Tip: Beach front is the only way to go!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elli L
You're absolutely right, Elli -- those sunsets are absolutely unforgettable! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to continue welcoming you back for years to come. Until then, thanks for taking the time to review us!

Warm regards.
Bonita Springs, FL
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Super friendly staff, bright and clean rooms, excellent service. We also rented a bungalow for the day and hosted friends which I'd highly recommend. The location can't be beat, literally steps from all Laguna has to offer. The sunsets are also an amazing bonus :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Those sunsets really are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a chance to soak them up, and I hope you'll continue to visit us for years to come. In the meantime, thank you for the fabulous review ;)

Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I read a lot of bad reviews, but we stayed in a renovated room which was very nice. It's pricey, but you're right on the ocean and can't beat the view! Nice sized balcony with 2 chairs and a table. Left the patio door open and listened to the ocean every night we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with an ocean view. We stayed in the Reef building.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank twogr8ize
We love hearing the waves as you settle in for the night! Thanks for making us a part of your trip. We hope to welcome you back again next year -- or sooner!

Cheers,
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reading these reviews and trying to decide on place is really challenging, how can a place get 5 stars and then a 1 star from someone else. Which reviewer is sane?

Here is a " sane " take: The service was fantastic, on par with the Ritz Carlton, really! I was treated like I owned the place and everyone used my name and they really cared.
Bryan and Kari at the front desk were amazing. She made a restaurant recommendation and then called to make sure they had what I wanted on the menu. Extra mile for sure.

Full disclosure, as a so cal native I do my best to avoid Laguna Beach because of all the tourists lol! But due to a seminar I found myself at the Pacific Edge Hotel and I was so glad I did!

Pros: Perfect location, you can walk to any of the best restaurants. Park your car and forget it. Also the spot on the beach itself is great, a few yards down there tons of rocks and you have to watch your step, here it was all sand!

Beach Chairs with shade and a towel porter, your well taken care of. The pool and jacuzzi are great as well. Plenty of couches and chairs in the shade.

Cons: Not really any but to keep it real, the hotel is old but well taken care of. Higher end sinks and toilets help the cause. If the Montage is not in the budget, stay here, you will be happy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
So glad we could make you feel at home during your seminar, Evan! Thanks for giving us a try, and for sharing your kind words -- they mean the world to us, especially coming from a California native. We hope to have you back again soon!