I called well in advance to book and PaY for the most special room I could find for a reunion with an old friend. I was told that the room I would be staying in would be "On" the water, surf right below. 2 queen size beds a balcony with an oceanview. The pictures on their website MUST be from the hotel down the road! <G>
When I arrived I was told that the room I had booked and paid for weeks ago would not be available because it was being "painted"! ? Hmmm. And none of the rooms available looked ANYthing like the online tour!
The room I settled for was old-feeling and cold. The walls were pained the off white apartment standard. Only 2 small objects decorating the walls. The small dining room table reminded me of an interrogation room complete with bright swag light!
I'm trying to find the humor in all of this. Basically, I was extremely disappointed to say the least! Instead of enjoying a nice luxurious room ON the breakers all I could do was think of ways to GET OUT and walk around!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach