“Spectacular views and friendly staff”

Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 27 February 2009

My husband and I stayed here recently and loved the views (we stayed in an ocean front room). The service was quick and friendly. The room was comfortable, clean and had all the necessities, as well as a great little balcony overlooking the ocean. The location is amazing...walking distance to grocery store, pharmacy, cafes, restaurants, entertainment, pubs, shopping and of course the beach which has lifeguards (during summer and busier times) and volleyball courts. The hotel also provides beach chairs. Our stay was relaxing, peaceful and a lot of fun! Only complaint is that we had to go home!!

Reviewed 24 February 2009

Great location! On the beach with a quick walk to downtown. I stayed in a clean, comfortable studio with a fireplace and full kitchen. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is across the street from a grocery story and walking distance to many excellent restaurants. And the salt water taffy in the lobby is to die for...

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I called well in advance to book and PaY for the most special room I could find for a reunion with an old friend. I was told that the room I would be staying in would be "On" the water, surf right below. 2 queen size beds a balcony with an oceanview. The pictures on their website MUST be from the hotel down the road! <G>

When I arrived I was told that the room I had booked and paid for weeks ago would not be available because it was being "painted"! ? Hmmm. And none of the rooms available looked ANYthing like the online tour!

The room I settled for was old-feeling and cold. The walls were pained the off white apartment standard. Only 2 small objects decorating the walls. The small dining room table reminded me of an interrogation room complete with bright swag light!

I'm trying to find the humor in all of this. Basically, I was extremely disappointed to say the least! Instead of enjoying a nice luxurious room ON the breakers all I could do was think of ways to GET OUT and walk around!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2009

After over 25 years we continue to return to this hotel because of the staff, location and view. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We tried other hotels on the water but they cannot beat the entire package this hotel consistently offers. It will always be our first choice when visiting Laguna.

1  Thank vicb43
Reviewed 15 February 2009

It was our first time visting Laguna Beach. Everything was GREAT! The grounds were clean, the staff was extremley friendly. On our last day there, the power went out in our room.When I called to report it they were there in two minutes and fixed the problem,also the water didn't get very warm I would almost call it luke warm water, nothing that would stop me from returning. I would definitley return again,and again.

1  Thank cozygurlz
Reviewed 6 February 2009

We just came back and found the hotel to be comfortable and accommodating to our needs. The staff was friendly and the front desk was very helpful, I would recommend anybody staying in Laguna to stay at this hotel.
Alan

• Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Many, many problems. The staff was very nice, helpful, and did they best they could... but I would stay there again. Be warned- some rooms are much worse than others.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
#12 of 22 in Laguna Beach
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
#6 of 22 in Laguna Beach

Been to Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Address: 647 South Coast Highway, Laguna Beach, CA 92651-2415 (Formerly Vacation Village Hotel)
Region: United States > California > Orange County > Laguna Beach
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
#7 Business Hotel in Laguna Beach
#8 Romantic Hotel in Laguna Beach
#11 Family Hotel in Laguna Beach
#11 On the Beach Hotel in Laguna Beach
Price Range: £107 - £238 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach 3*
Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Pacific Edge