“Any closer, you'd be in the Pacific Ocean”

Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Incredible location in Laguna Beach, spectacular view from the ocean front suite, you'll even have your own balcony beach access. We had a great time, perfect place for family and friends to gather, the suite is spacious and the kitchenette is useful. Very good service.

A few minor suggestions for the property: Windows, especially the glass railing needs to be clean regularly, it'll make a world of difference - from a 2 star to a 4 star property instantly! All the buildings could use a better color of paint on the outside, and please bring in more plants to make the property more inviting.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
pacedge, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

On behalf of all of us at the Pacific Edge Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to complete the customer satisfaction survey. I wanted to follow up with you personally, as you are a most valued client and I appreciated receiving your feedback.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the hotel. I will share your kind words with the entire team at Pacific Edge.

At Joie de Vivre Hospitality, we pride ourselves in providing unique hospitality experiences and superior service. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know that we have exceeded your expectations during your visit with us.

Kurt Bjorkman

Write a ReviewReviews (1,439)

Reviewed 23 June 2010

Is perfectly located about 2-3 blocks north of the main beach. We were easily able to walk to all shops and restaurants. Perfect for morning runs along the coast in both directions. The hotel offers free lounge and beach chairs, umbrellas, towels, and other accessories on the beach. The valet parking is quick and easy. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful.

Not all rooms are on the ocean so be sure to ask. Our room was not but that didn’t matter to us. We did not spend a lot of time in the room. We stayed June 10-19. There was some construction that started at 7:30am that would have affected us if we were late sleepers. But we were always up by 7:00am. Be sure to ask about this if staying during the summer of 2010.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

We are happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2010

Just returned from the property. The hotel is the former Vacation Village and has an amazing location, just a short walk from downtown Laguna. There is a lot of construction taking place at the Pacific Edge and our first room (501) was a few feet away from jack hammers and buzz saws. Even though we were right on the ocean, the sound of pounding surf definitely had competition. We asked for a room change and were immediately granted one on a higher floor. Much better. Breathtaking views of the ocean from not-so-private patios were the highlight. Room was so-so. Could use some storage areas, like bathroom shelves or even a luggage holder. The hotel is very accommodating with friendly staff and gave us a 50% discount when we checked out because I mentioned the construction. I would return but only when the carpenters are off the property!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I booked the hotel over the website from Hotwire in february 2010. I paid 59 $ per night and I want to stay 6 days in this hotel. & Days before arriving at the Pacific Edge, the Hotel cancelled my reservation. They told me I calles them 3 weeks before because of a cancellation for my room, but I never called the Hotel. I had the chance to book a new room at the Pacific Edge, for 119 $!!!! What a shame for a hotel to cancel a old reservation to earn more money with new and higher prices!

Reviewed 3 June 2010

From Stacie at the front desk to Kurt the GM, the service was excellent and location stunning. We did not have to use our car during our three day stay since it's close to everthing. Looking forward to future stays at the Pacific Edge.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2010

This trip had been planned for three months. A family member even toured the property and found the staff very helpful and accomidating. I got a large ocean front suite with patio access to the beach. I spoke with the staff several times over that period to esure there were no issues. (even two days before and the morning of check in) To my dismay when checking in, I was informed that we'd been moved to another room and that the entire lower level has been closed due to construction. They took me to the new room were it was smelly, the carpets were old, the fridge looked like it was from the 1940's, the hallway stank and the construction noise was deafening and scheduled to go on the entire week of my stay. We choose not to stay and found other accomidations though the manager did try to resolve our issues with discounted room rates. (We were so turned off by the noise and disappointed that the hotel didn't even have enough common courtesy to inform us of the construction or the change in rooms when they had several opportunities to do so). I know there were others having the same issues as we did. I was lucky that I had the option to make other arrangements but know the hotel was banking that they had most guest over a barrel.

1  Thank Kikibd1
pacedge, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Pacific Edge.
I appologize for the experience you had with us, it appears we failed to deliver on just about everything! Our construction has been a combination of planned and not planned work, we too were surprised at our wake up calls and we are all so very sorry that this happened when you tried to make us your temporary home for a few days. We are in the process of renovating many aspects of the property, including carpets. Overall however that does not erase the negative experience you had with us and we again appologize.

Please contact me at 949-281-5701, I would like to discuss your experience further.

Kurt Bjorkman

Reviewed 28 May 2010

.Easy to find on the South Coast Highway. On arrival the staff were very helpful and friendly. Check in took minutes and parking was just as easy. we had a newly decorated ocean view room with balcony (room 703) very clean, comfortable bed, fluffy towels and clean fresh bathroom. After watching a perfect sunset from our balcony we went to sleep that night with the sounds of the waves gently lapping at the shore. The only niggle we had was some building work that started on the morning we left. It was very loud (and early, 8am) and by the looks of all the other guests surprised faces nobody were told by the hotel that it was going to happen when we/they booked/checked in. Might be worth checking to see if its still going on. When we mentioned this at check out they very kindly deducted $75 from the bill.