“Perfect on the beach getaway.”

Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Monrovia, California
“Perfect on the beach getaway.”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I was lucky enought to spend a few nights at this newly remodeled hotel.
The staff was friendly , helpful and knowledgable.
My room was the ocean front with kitchenette.
Just perfect for relaxing and falling asleep to the sound of the waves.
Bed was so comfortable, they even have a pillow menu!
I almost didn't need to leave the room, the balcony had chairs to watch the beautiful coast. Very convienent to a grocery store and lots of dining options. You even get a discount at many of the local businesses when you show your room card.
I could go on and on, I will definiatly plan a 5-7 night stay this year.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
PacificEdgeGM, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 30 January 2011
Thank you for staying at the Pacific Edge and for sharing the positive comments ... I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and can't wait for your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The hotel was kind of a like an average Best Western right on the beach. Although the real Best Western across the street from us looked nicer from the outside. My friend booked a 2 bedroom apartment with a kitchen. We got there around 5 and it still wasn't ready so we moved to an ocean front room at the same rate with one bedroom with no kitchen, although the woman at the front desk told us it would have a kitchen Because of this discrepancy they took $150 off the price and sent us a free breakfast. Only then the room was worth it. The room was decorated with IKEA furniture and they left the tags on so that is how I know. I don't mind IKEA but I have that stuff at home. If I am going to pay over 300 a night for a room I want nicer stuff. Also the stopper in the sink kept getting stuck and we never received the pillows we ordered from the pillow menu. (The pillow menu is on their site). The location was fabulous obviously. Right on the beach. The pools and hot tub are just OK. They are located next to the parking lot and a really crummy delapidated recreation area with a warped ping pong table.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Thank you for staying at the Pacific Edge and for sharing your comments. Your positive comments about are location are appreciated but I must apologize that your preferred room type was not available upon arrival. In addition, I am sharing your concern about special requests with our team ... it's important that our service compliments the location. This was definitely not our standard. We look forward to your next arrival and to giving you the level of service we pride ourselves on.
Reviewed 20 January 2011

It's 7:40 pm and we just finished dinner at 230 forest and it was exceptional. My wife and I have been on our honeymoon in California for a week now and have been enjoying every minute.

We are sitting on the balcony of our reef wing balcony and are in heaven. The location of this hotel is it's best asset. The rooms are very clean and I have no complaints but if it were 30$ more a night and was more modern it would be a 10/10. I love the surf theme an surf statue outside our room. The staff are very very nice and I appreciate it very much. Laguna beach is my favorite stop so far and when I return, it will most surely be here.

• Stayed January 2011
PacificEdgeGM, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 22 January 2011
Congratulations on your marriage! Thank you for chosing the Pacific Edge as your honeymoon spot. We're so excited you are enjoying your stay and hope you will return on your anniversary.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I made a reservation for an ocean view room for New Year's Eve prior to reading the reviews on TripAdvisor. Once I did read some of these reviews, I started to get super nervous and was rethinking my decision to stay here. But my experience at this hotel was awesome and I felt compelled to write a review, which I have never done before.

I found the staff to be really friendly and helpful. I had called ahead of time to request the Reef building which I had read was the quietest since it was the furthest away from the pool. They were more than happy to switch my room and put me in the Reef building. At check-in they were really helpful in giving directions for the surrounding area. Even the valet was really friendly.

Our room was completely amazing, especially the view!!! Yes, the colors of the room are unusual but they are bright and fun. Yes, it's not a five star resort. But the room was clean and the view was to die for and completely worth the money. The bed was so comfortable I could have slept for days!!

All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel for those looking for a quality hotel with a killer view of the Pacific. We will be returning in the summer!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcco5672
HotelGMLagunaBeach, General Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 8 January 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Above and beyond our location and facilities, we are most proud of our service team ... thank you for highlighting their efforts. We look forward to your return in the summer.
Boulder City, Nevada
Reviewed 28 December 2010

We spent a long weekend at Pacific Edge for my mom's 65th birthday and my son's 14th. We got two ocean view rooms that were spectacular. You cannot beat the location and view here. You are literally right on the beach. We saw dolphins from our balcony and fell asleep to the waves crashing at night. The staff at the Pacific Edge are wonderful. They surprised us with flowers & other treats since they knew we were celebrating two birthdays, and whenever we called for ice it arrived prompty and with a smile. I have not stayed in any other room categories, so I cannot comment on them, but if you pay the extra for an oceanfront room, you will not be disappointed! Thank you Pacific Edge and staff for a memorable birthday weekend!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Happy Birthday to your Mom and Son. Thank you for celebrating at the Pacific Edge. We're pleased to have made it special.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 December 2010

when we first pulled up i was a little nervous because the front of the hotel has no curb appeal whatsoever. But we were given a suite with ocean views and as soon as we walked in it took my breath away. the room has a boutique feel to it- nicely decorated but its the ocean view that takes center stage. (if i didn't have an ocean facing room i wouldn't recommend this hotel). when you are laying in bed with the shades open you feel like your on a cruise because all you see is ocean around you. my kids loved the beach as well as the pool. we all loved sitting on the balcony watching the sunset. it was overall a great stay.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
We are so pleased you and your family had an enjoyable stay. Having a hotel right on the beach ensures all guests can enjoy beach access no matter which way their room is facing ... we hope to see you return soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2010

We stayed at this hotel on a trip from San Fransisco, having stayed at several hotels on the way, some more expensive some less. This hotel was appalling, we upgraded our room to look at the sea rather than road and carpark, we were refunded this cost. We were also refunded some of the cost of the stay, but in my mind it wasn't enough. The carpets were filthy, there was rust everywhere, we had to carry suitcases down 2 flights of broken concrete steps. The wardrobe was a rail over the fridge. I could go on and on .....

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sleepingbeauty
Great news ... we are upgrading ... Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry you were dissapointed but can assure you that future guests will enjoy an enhanced experience. Combining our great location, friendly service and new look, we are working hard to create the unique Laguna Beach experience. We hope you will come back in the future to re-experience the Pacific Edge.