To the previous reviewer who compared this to the Shire- NAILED IT.
1) Location. This little group of cottages are in a GREAT laguna location. A 10 minute walk from downtown Laguna beach (i rented a car and didnt actually need it for half the trip).
2) As much as these cottages are tucked away, literally down a small street across from the high school, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the front gate. - Dont judge a book by its cover when you drive up initially and park. There were colored cottage doors, kept gardens and lawns, and even a well !
3) I stayed in the single/studio room and it was PERFECT for just me. I only wished I could have stayed in a cottage. The room was extremely clean, and the attention to detail gave it a lot of character PLUS the bed was very VERY comfortable. I woke up every day feeling like I had the best night sleep of my life- When I woke up in the morning sunlight literally filled EVERY nook and cranny of that apartment. I feel like I needed to be a writer or a painter to dream and come up with my next masterpiece.
In conclusion, this property is the best kept secret in laguna- I highly highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These are four enchanting cottages nestled in a private, garden compound located within walking distance to the beach and the village of Laguna. The cottages capture the original charm of the original Laguna Art Colony. Guests particularly enjoy the quiet garden setting as well as the privacy of living in their own stand alone cottage. There is also a studio apartment located on the site. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Manzanita Cottages Hotel Laguna Beach