“Chocolate as though I was back in Belgium!”
Review of La Rue du Chocolat

La Rue du Chocolat
Ranked #5 of 7 Dessert in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: European
Description: Chocolatiers - This unassuming, charming chocolatier can be found right on PCH, but is tucked away in a tiny shopping village called Peppertree Lane. I've been here twice and was impressed by the quality of their chocolates. Their staff is kind, incredibly helpful and patient.
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were on a mission to bring back the memories of visiting Belgium and found La Rue du Chocolat. The chocolate in this place satisfied my craving for excellent chocolate and my family loved it just as much as I did. My daughter mentioned she wanted to save some for later and of course that did not happen because she said it was too good! This place is soo cool that each chocolate that I purchased was individually wrapped. Now I did not go crazy buying chocolates, but did have enough to make sure the family had an opportunity to enjoy this great treat. I would recommend that you purchase the chocolate from La Rue and then walk a few steps and finish it off with the Gelato.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

dark chocolate cherries were great; chocolate Labradors were adorable; really cute place; fun to shop for chocolate there (we shopped while waiting for our dinner order at Watermarc)

Reviewed 23 November 2012

I was walking through Laguna Beach and stumbled across La Rue du Chocolat. They had a wide variety of chocolates with some unusual flavors. I decided to try the Vegan Achiote Chili Chocolate. I was amazed that a boutique chocolatier would specifically have something that's designated vegan. Maybe it's not unusual but it was new to me. The woman behind the counter told me to wait a few seconds and the chili would kick in. Wow! What a great blend of flavors. I'll definitely come back.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Our whole family looks forward to visiting this little chocolatier to choose a creation. Vanilla bean butterflies, chocolate dogs and cats, cookies and cream zebras, chocolate ladybugs, mint chocolate frogs, delectible chocolate covered strawberries - an amazing assortment! Everything is delicious and traveling through the little alleyway lined with lights and foliage is part of the fun! Spoil yourself rotten here and enjoy!