“Top-notch dining and cocktails right on the beach!”
Review of Claes Restaurant - CLOSED

Claes Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, French, Seafood
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Description: Experience a culinary journey complemented by an unrivaled 180-degree view of the majestic Pacific Ocean. Let our Chefs tantalize your palate with one of our signature plates while you celebrate an intimate dining experience with your guests or simply enjoy an extraordinary meal. Featuring California Coastal style food, our creations span culinary delights from the Wine Country with original favorites such as Rabbit, Angus Filet and Bone-In Veal Chop, to the coastal delicacies of Lobster Spring Rolls, Fricassee of Oysters and Local Sea Bass. If you wish to graze upon our small plates, there are selections to suit every distinguished palate. Boasting over 150 choices, Claes Ovation's Wine-Spectator awarded Cellar will undoubtedly include a superb wine to your liking that will pair wonderfully with your dinner selection. Utilizing only the freshest, locally farmed and harvested ingredients, Claes Ovation is the perfect choice to host your next gathering of friends and family.
St Helier, United Kingdom
“Top-notch dining and cocktails right on the beach!”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Claes is a famous wining and dining experience for a reason: beautiful, historical, great cocktails and wonderful food.
Be prepared to wait some time for the right table on the patio so you can watch the beautiful sunset or waves. Personally, I wouldn't choose to dine indoors unless it is snowing in So Cal!
The place gets very busy for these very good reasons, however I don't think you can book outdoor patio tables in advance (TBC), and service can be a little slow, but terribly polite.
Overall, a Very Good Laguna Beach-side experience.

• Visited October 2012

Laguna Beach, California
“The view”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The service was excellent and the sea food is top notch. A great romantic setting for a special evening.

Visited May 2012
Rosemead, California
“INSIDE HOTEL LAGUNA”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I ate at "Claes Restaurant" in Laguna Beach, CA on July 20, 2011. I've eaten there many times before. "Claes Restaurant" is located inside Hotel Laguna. Whenever I stay at the Hotel Laguna (which I do at least once a year) I try to be sure to eat one night at "Claes". I always try to go early at dinner so that I can get a window side table. "Claes" view of the ocean is unmatched. The service is outstanding, as is the food. Don't go to "Claes" if you are trying to save money - but the saying you get what you pay for certainly applies to "Claes".

• Visited July 2011
Dana Point, California
“Laguna Beach View - Pricey and Good”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

We enjoyed an anniversary dinner here - steak and fish were excellent as was presentation and service. Good wine list and incredible desserts. Would probably go here more often if items were priced lower.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank booper46
Claymont, Delaware
“Would be "average" except for the view.”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The view of the beach and sunset were spectacular from our window-side seats. That is the best part of this restaurant. The dining room is airy and the walk through the hotel to get there is interesting with pictures of old Laguna Beach and the hotel.
The menu was somewhat varied offering steaks to seafood to lamb and rabbit. The four of us ordered, lamb, rabbit, sea bass and scallops. I had the scallops and while they were tasty, there for 4 of them on some what tasted like powdered mashed potatoes and a few stalks of asparagus. The green onions I could not cut through. For the price of that dinner, around $25, I expected more and better. The "Claes" salad ran about $10 and was ok. Our friends had wine that ran their bill up considerably. I felt like we did not get excellent value for the prices they charged. Our waitress was almost overly friendly (how are WE tonight?") but provided attentive service.
If you can overlook the too high prices for average food and just enjoy the views on the water you can enjoy yourself here. We did enjoy ourselves while there, but then as we began to discuss our actual eating experience, we realized we were somewhat disappointed.

• Visited April 2012