“A view from GOD, you don't want to miss the Sun going down, I promise you!!!!!”

Splashes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Splashes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$60
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Bird Canyon and Coast Hwy
Description: Terraced above the beach, with waves breaking just 25 feet below, the casually elegant Splashes Restaurant boasts some of California's best views and finest cuisine. Whether seated in the dining room or alfresco on the palm-shaded patio, you'll enjoy American Coastal Cuisine set against a dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This restaurant is at the Surf and Sand Resort in Laguna Beach which sits right on one of southern California's prettiest beaches. Laguna Beach is a tourist mecca during the summer, so if you want to miss the crowds visit the restaurant in April/May, or September/October. Just make sure and bring something to cover you up because it can be cool in the evening during these times of the year on the beach.
Now regarding the Restaurant SPLASHES.....I only gave this a rating of four, only because you CANNOT beat the VIEW!!!! But, the food is good or average. You can find it at most fine dining restaurants. I wouldn't say that this is the best dinner I ever had. Please don't get me wrong. It is a very nice restaurant and the food IS good. But for the price, I wouldn't say it really if worth what they charge. You really are paying for the view.
You will need to make reservations for a table by the window to get the best view. Also you will have to valet your vehicle just so you know. Parking is limited as this resort is pricey because it is right on the beach. Everyone should eat here at least once. A great place to take someone who has never been to Southern California or is a VIP client. It is worth it at least once.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We reserved a window table in advance to celebrate a milestone and when we arrived it had been given away to a couple with no reservation , we didn't let that ruin our evening as almost every table has a view. We found the service to be good thru out our meal but the food seemed very expensive and less than great. We each had a glass of average white wine and two very average appetizer. My main course of swordfish and unwanted clams was mushy. And bland while my wife's shrimp and pasta was tough and really could have been sent back because the shrimp hadn't been devained. We did share and enjoy a simple desert and coffee drinks. 3 things about this place bothered us , first for the expense the food should be better. Second I didn't enjoy seeing folks going to or coming from the pool and beach paraded thru the dinning room and lastly if your going to Bill yourself as upscale and charge upscale prices then an effort should be made provide an upscale product and it isn't . We enjoy fine restaurants. All over the country and it isn't often we see the gap between quality and cost be this large. Sorry splashes I know your on the beach in laguna but that isn't enough. We can get a better meal and a good view in at least a dozen places within 10 miles of you . Unless you are staying at the surf and sand I can't recommend splashes and we won't we won't be coming back

1  Thank Kelly C
Surf_and_Sand_Resort, Assc. Food & Beverage Director at Splashes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Kelly C.

Thank you for your detailed response.
It is regrettable to learn that your experience was not up to your expectations.
We take pride in our work and are eager to provide value as well. We are immensely disappointed but will take your review as a valuable input and continue to improve.

Ms. Kelly, considering your experience and the lack of perceived value, I will be happy to refund you for your meal. Please reach out to me directly at 949 376 2775 or adapic@jcresorts.com

I am looking forward to speaking with you and thank you once again for sharing your opinion.

Have a wonderful day.

Yours in Service,

Ante Dapic
Assc. Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The food was good, the menu somewhat limited (except for breakfast which included a kids' menu) but way too pricey to dine there more than a few times.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've been here a number of times over the years and each time it seems less 'fancy' and 'special' and more like a chain hotel restaurant. Such a great setting with such views deserves amazing food, stellar service and lovely furnishings etc. It all looks like it needs a good cleaning and coat of paint. For example, the doors to the bathrooms are covered with fingerprints and just need to be varnished for once and all. The tables are spotted and could use a cleaning with a really clean rag not a fast once over. I took an out of town guest for the view and wished I'd gone somewhere more impressive for her one night on the town. So its not bad - just fine.

1  Thank B O
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My husband and I were staying at the Surf and Sand hotel ( booked a king surf side room and it was wonderful) so we decided to stay in the first night and have dinner at Splashes. Reservation was for 6:30pm. The restaurant is quite small and the tables are put very, very close together. They took us outside to a table for 2 right beside a large party of 12. Not the way we had planned to celebrate our Anniversary dinner which they were aware of. Next they offered us a table inside near the back where there were other guests dining with small children. Finally they seated us in another section by the staircase. I had to squeeze into the table as there were 2 very large round pieces of metal that I think came from some old heaters on the ground. So we looked at the staircase all evening. The soup was good but the main courses, I had braised short ribs for $40 and my husband had scallops for $32 were definately NOT WORTH IT!!.
Bill was $183.00 for 2 people before tip.( they gave us a complimentary desert for our anniversary). Service as excellent but the table location and food was extremely dissapointing!

PS Next night we went into town and went to Cucina Alessa on Forest. Had the most amazing dinner for $103.00!! Would have paid $200 for that dinner and experience.

2  Thank janethull
Surf_and_Sand_Resort, Assc. Food & Beverage Director at Splashes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Ms. Janethull,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts about your latest Splashes experience.
We take it very seriously and sincerely apologize that your special occasion was not memorable for you.

Being able to provide perfect seating for our guests is our priority, especially given the location and the nature of your visit. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate all requests. That being said, we will review our operation and continue to find solutions.

Although you have enjoyed the service, it is disappointing to hear that the food did not meet the expectations. We do believe in value, and would like an opportunity to serve you again.

Ms. Janethull, please feel free to reach out to me directly at 949 376 2775 or adapic@jcresorts.com. I would be delighted to personally invite you for a complimentary dinner at your convenience.
We take great pride in creating positive and lasting memories at Splashes.

I am looking forward to speaking with you.

Yours in Service,