“Hidden Treasure”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This restaurant is small and off the main street but appears to be a local favorite. Reservations are a must! The ahi is out of this world and the swordfish is just as amazing. The swordfish sampler is my favorite as I am able to try multiple variations. One of the main reasons I look forward to visiting Laguna is so I can visit this restaurant.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

After reading all the amazing reviews we were disappointed with our meal. Now, I love fish, sushi, tartare, I am not against raw fish. However, I dont think swordfish is one of those meant to be eaten partially raw. Swordfish is tricky, its horrible if overcooked, and tough if undercooked. mine was undercooked. I ordered the sampler, the sauces were OK, but not amazing. My husband had the Ahi Tuna nicoise, again it was ok, but bland. The fish was not well seasoned.
the portions are huge, but who cares if you're not going to eat them anyways.
cute little place, kinda funky. Sorry the food did not live up to the reviews.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've dined here for years. The ambience and food are the Best. I suggest you sit right at the counter and watch Mike the owner prepare your dinner. You can tell him how you'd like it and he'll take care of it. All the while his wife Toni oversees the personalized service to their guests.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

A must!!!! Great place hidden gem! The swordfish is the best and the sea bass was out of bounds!!!!! If you like a low key great place.. This is it!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have been to Zoolu three times and am always amazed by the large portions and great food, you simply cannot finish your meal and the largest of appetite will be satisfied and enjoy the best quality of seafood or chops.