“Way way too noisy”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Legion
Description: House of BIG FISH and Ice Cold Beer – the name says it all. This seafood savvy neighborhood hotspot boasts an upbeat atmosphere and a straightforward menu of fresh fish perfectly paired with one of the best ice cold beer selections in town. From the clean, vibrant interior to the relaxing ocean views of the wraparound dining patio, BIG FISH is uniquely Laguna Beach.
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is very family friendly price and portion wise but the excessive noise volume negates the appeal for me. The second time I ate there I was with a very soft spoken friend. I finally gave up on trying to hear her.

The atmosphere lacks the warmth of other local places.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

House of Big Fish is a great place to watch the game. Their food quality and pricing is excellent. Portions are served with a small plate style which is preferable and is actually the perfect amount. Definitely make this one of the restaurants you try when in Laguna Beach. It's also great for dinner any night of the week.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Hubby & I arrived in Laguna Beach. on the 23rd of Sept. and went to House of Big Fish on our first night there . We went there in Sept. 2012 and enjoyed it very much. Didn't make it in time for Happy Hour ( 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.) but savored one of their specials; swordfish with garlic herb potatoes & roasted veggies ($14.50) & finished off with Key Lime Pie ($4.50) ..........YUM ALL THE WAY! Let me add that the restaurant is upstairs and you can catch the most amazing sunsets ever!

I need to mention "GG's Cafe Bistro" which is just downstairs underneath "House of Big Fish" and has not been reviewed on tripadvisor. This is a little cafe which serves very good and fresh Mediterranean food which I enjoyed an excellent Caesar Salad with grilled Calamari and hubby had a wonderful Caesar Salad with seared Ahi Tuna. I recommend checking out this as well.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Loved the fresh fish, great beer and drink selection - fun lively place. The outdoor patio was amazing.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This review is for the date 12-12-12.

When I think of the House of Big Fish and Ice Cold Beer, I first thought amazingly fresh seafood and a great view! It did not occur to me that this would be THE absolute best spot for my wedding reception spot. My fiancé and I planned our laid back wedding in less than a month – no real reason for the rush other than we wanted to be married on a cool day like 12-12-12 and we had been engaged for 1 ½ year—so there was no reason to wait.

We met with the General Manager (yay! Brad) the Sunday before our Wednesday wedding and found him to be genuinely nice, easy to get along with, and incredibly helpful. My husband and I are not huge on dancing at weddings and we wanted an intimate wedding and wedding reception – the most important things for us at a wedding reception were to have incredible food, yummy dessert, some sort of entertainment, budget friendly, good selection of alcohol, and the ability to socialize with our family of friends. With this specific restaurant, we hit each one of our musts. The restaurant has several TV’s which allowed our wedding guests to be entertained (with sports) while they socialized and ate an incredible dinner they personally selected (less stress for us as we wanted to be able to enjoy our day and our close friends in place of worrying). We also wanted to select specific items from the menu that our guests could order, so we created our own reception menu and emailed it to Brad for review and approval ---he in turn approved and had his team of server’s work with us on getting the menu to our guests. My fiancé even dropped off decorations (balloons & flowers & candles) before he left to get ready for our wedding and they set up the decorations just the way we requested! As soon as we arrived to our reception, they allowed our close friend to announce us as the Mr. & Mrs. --- our server greeted us with a glass of champagne (allowing us to make a toast shortly after entrance) ….and after we finished our meal, they started bringing out the cupcakes we selected. The servers and GM consistently checked with everyone to make sure they had what they needed and consulted with me and my husband to make sure everything was as we had requested. They even packaged up all of our decorations, our champagne glasses, and the menu’s everyone ordered off of (in the instance we wanted to check after them).

Okay, so in summary, the Food was PERFECT, the Service was amazing for our wedding reception – A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! My gosh we couldn’t have asked for better service. They took care of us from the moment we got there to the time we finally decided to leave (and we were the last people there), the bathrooms were clean, and parking was a synch. Guests even commented on how neat of a place it was to have a reception.
Oh—and one additional note, they had two parties that evening and not once did we have an issue –and the food came out in a timely manner, which was amazing to me since they had over 100 people for both parties at the same time.