“Feels authentic”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Sandhurst, United Kingdom
“Feels authentic”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you like Mexican food and are in the area, Carmelitas has got to be your next stop.
Nice selection of courses and cocktails and reasonably priced.

Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
Costa Mesa, California
“Simply Wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We noticed this restaurant on a walk, came home, checked out the reviews on trip advisor and went. The food was outstanding, the service was great and everyone in the restaurant was very efficient and friendly. We will be back. Great atmosphere, service and food.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Venita J
laguna beach, california
“A Great New Restaurant in Town!!'”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First of all, what a great job on re~doing the interior of this place !!! Secondly, from the moment you sit down and are given the most delicious complimentary chips, salsa and bean dip ~ you'll know you're in the right place!! It's very popular and can get very crowded and a bit noisy, but overall it's a fantastic place to dine!!! My favorite dish is the mixed seafood enchiladas ~ stuffed with shrimp, crab and cheese, with a delicious sauce!! Wow!!! I have tried the salads as well as several other dishes and have never been disappointed! My boyfriend loves their burritos ~ large enough for two meals and extremely tasty!!! Try this place and you'll be coming back for more!!!

• Visited February 2014
California
“Best Mexican Food. Period.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is just incredible here. Everytime I visit, I'm overwhelmed by the freshness of the ingredients and the flavor combinations. House made margaritas are a must; my favorite is the strawberry jalapeno one. Salsa is so fresh and entrees always have so much flavor. I love the carnitas plate and the enchiladas. The star of the night? The homemade flan. I'm not a flan lover by any means, bu this flan is a game changer.

This restaurant is loud and busy, so definitely make reservations and don't expect a romantic atmosphere.

I've had a few troubles with the hostesses. This particular time, I called and said we were running a bit late. She said okay and hung up. When we got there 15 min after our reservation, we were told our table was given away. Then they sat someone else ahead of us, but I could tell they made a mistake. It ended up being fine and we got some free drinks, but I think another reviewer commented on the hostess training and I agree. Other than that, servers are friendly and we got great service.

• Visited May 2014
“Excellent cantina Mexican”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Its a sunny Friday afternoon and your in the mood for a long festive Mexican lunch. This place is perfect. Jalapeno margarita? Check. Made to order guac? Check. Fresh warm totopos? Check. Friendly service? Check. Pricey? A little but good value.