“Amazing service!”

Dining options: Reservations
Orange, California
“Amazing service!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Such a warm welcome and attentive service in a small, fun restaurant! We had a lovely dinner and enjoyed unique menu choices. The is a great Laguna Canyon find!

• Visited August 2013

Bakersfield
“Dinner before Pageant of the Masters”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My daughter and I just traveled to Laguna Beach to experience the Pageant of the Masters. We arrived at the site early so we could find a parking spot in one of the parking lots near by. Most charge anywhere from $7 to $10, and even though we were early, they were all full. Well, we had reservations at Remark's so we parked in the lot next to the restaurant ($20!!) and went in to have dinner. It was quite good and the location was just a short walk from the Festival of Arts location where the Pageant of the Masters is held. My daughter had the mango/brie quesadilla as an appetizer and I'm afraid I ate half of it because it was DELICIOUS!! She also had the Prime Short Ribs with Gorgonzola risotto. The ribs were tender and came with a side of vegetables but the real star on the plate was the risotto which was surprisingly flavorful. I had the tomato basil soup and the pear salad. Both were good, but not necessarily remarkable. Service was very quick so we easily made our 8:30 showtime even though we arrived at the restaurant at 7:15. When the bill came I surprised at the amount; I was expecting the total to be higher. Really a good value for such an elegant spot. The atmosphere was quite nice with indoor and outdoor seating available. And even though we had to pay so much to park (again, not in the restaurant's parking lot but the one adjacent to it) the location was perfect if you will be attending the pageant. Also, because we were walking back to our car at 11:00 I was thankful that the lot was so well lit.

• Visited August 2013
Laguna Beach
“Very good food”
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We went to Remarks Restaurant, a rebranding of Marks restaurant in Laguna Beach, for a charity event. They had over 100 people, and handled the crowd extremely well.

First we had a sampling of their appetizers. Those included fried green tomatoes with an aioli dressing and a lamb chop with mint jelly (that appeared house made). Both are on their regular menu, and both were excellent. That was followed by a superb salad and a choice of filet or salmon or a vegetarian dish. I had a really excellent filet.

Based on our experience, the chef really knows what he is doing; the service was friendly; the bar was terrific; and the ambiance was very good--although it's hard to know what a "regular" night would be at this sort of gathering.

Remarks has a very loyal following, and in talking with them it appears that our experience was similar to that of regulars--a very good restaurant, friendly staff, and great food.

By the way, this restaurant is very close to the Pageant of the Masters and to the other art festivals in Laguna during the summer. It is a very good find for that.

Reservations can be made online or at 949-715-8700. Their website, which shows their full menu (which is modestly priced, although everything is ala carte) is at http://www.remarkslagunabeach.com

I am not affiliated with this restaurant in any way--I just noted that the tripadvisor listing had omitted both the website address and the phone number.

I have given the restaurant a rating of 4--very good. I may revise that (I suspect upward) when we are able to try it without the crowd there.

• Visited June 2013