“A great healthy lunch place in Laguna Beach”
Review of Zinc Cafe & Market

Zinc Cafe & Market
Ranked #34 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We asked for healthy food outdoors restaurant in downtown Laguna Beach and was told to go to Zinc. We were pleasantly surprised by the quickness and the quality of the food.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We read several reviews before heading here for breakfast, because a friend highly recommended the place. It is a vegetarian restaurant but for a non-vegetarian there is plenty to enjoy on their menu.

I had the oatmeal with raisins and nuts, with almond milk and it was excellent. My wife had the burrito bowl, with egg and "sausage", which I thought tasted great. We shared a fruit bowl with some of the biggest strawberries I've seen. They were very fresh, and complimented with a banana.

We sat outside, which was very comfortable in spite of high temperatures. The restaurant and a shop of the same name share the space, so you can get it to go if you are in a hurry.

Very good breakfast. My only issue was that I didn't think the coffee was very good. I just wanted black coffee, but I had to add sugar and the remaining almond milk to help me drink it. It was strong, and I'm not a strong coffee person. I should have had a latte which I heard from others were very good.

Worth a stop, especially f you are a vegetarian.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This place is guaranteed to make you happy. You totally forget that it's a vegetarian restaurant you're so pleased with everything they serve. Breakfast is excellent, but lunch may be even better. Grab one of their sandwiches or to-go salads, head down to the beach, and enjoy a glorious day. ( Don't forget to order cookies and fruit salad for that perfect ending to your lunch.)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Laguna is an awesome place to enjoy a meal (any time of year). Whether you are vegetarian or not, check out Zinc Café & Market on Ocean street for a terrific meal. If you are in a hurry, drop by the market side of the business for take out sandwiches, soups, entrees, drinks, desserts and other items (great for a picnic on the beach) or a meal back at your Laguna hotel.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Best Oatmeal I've ever eaten. There wasn't one thing you wouldn't eat at this little eatery. Lovely, lovely, lovely. We went 10 out of 16 days.