“2 Words: YUM-MYYYY”

230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Oh my, this place was absolutely amazing. The location is fantastic and the open concept so inviting. We were there with a large group of people but we sat at different 2, 4 and 6 tops. They were so accommodating and, most importantly, TIMELY! They were ready for us.

Our table was right on the outside next to the sidewalk so the people watching was fantastic. The service on all fronts was perfect. Water refills, plate clearing, serving ... really on point.

Very impressive wine list ... we had the Cakebread Chardonnay. Never disappoints.

We started with the burrata mozzarella, BLT wedge and the cracklin' shrimp. Wow! It was amazing, especially the mozzarella. The marcona almonds made the dish! We then moved on to dinner. I had the shrimp scampi, my husband the filet and friends got the seafood fra diavlo and Chilean sea bass. My scampi was so balanced. By that I mean the sauce was cream based but not heavy at all. The pasta was cooked perfectly and it had just a hint of spice. One thing I don't like is when restaurants leave the tail on the shrimp ... other than that it was perfect.

Noone had a bad thing to say about anything they got. My friend who got the fra diavlo wanted no mussels and extra shrimp and there was no problem with that. My other friend wanted the Chilean sea bass cooked a bit differently than shown on the menu and no problem with that either. You never know with chefs ... they sometimes get offended if you change things but it wasn't even a thought.

We had profiterole, half baked souffle and chocolate croissant bread pudding. I would not get anything other than the chocolate croissant bread pudding. Not that the others weren't delicious ... it is just that this bread pudding is OUTSTANDING! Absolutely outstanding.

It is an absolute must if you are anywhere near Laguna Beach.

Highest compliments to the chef and staff. Excellent.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We are from Scottsdale, AZ and last visited 230 Forest in December 2012. We were so impressed by the food and service, we decided to do it again. The food was outstanding from start to finish! They serve a small hot loaf of bread in a white paperbag with a seasoned butter. I ordered the Halibut with hazelnut crust, and my wife ordered the Salmon. Both came out piping hot and looked like a work of art on the plate. For desert we had the chocolate bread pudding with vanilla bean ice cream...Lord take me now, it's as good as it gets!
On our first visit we met the chef/owner, Marc Cohen. He was terrific to meet, and thanked us very much for dining in his restaurant (he owns 3 in the area). When we booked this reservation, I emailed Chef Marc to let him know we were returning. We never received a response from our email...but just as we were starting our entrees, to our surprise in walked Chef Marc to personally say hello. He was working in one of his restaurants around the corner and told his staff to call him once we were seated. Folks, that was first class!!! He just stayed for a short time to return to the other restaurant, but wanted to make sure he acknowledged our visit. Soooo, great food, great service(ask forJorge), and great touch by Chef Marc. Don't miss 230 Forest Avenue!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Was in Laguna for 6 days, and this place was so good I had dinner there twice! Excellent menu, food was served quickly, and cooked to perfection! Halibut was out of this world. All-in-all a superb dining experience!! Highly recommend, and my husband is a Chef, so I am PICKY!!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Food was superb, but the wait - with reservations - was still quite long. Great service and wonderful drink selection. Nice ambiance.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This place has a great atmosphere and buzz about it. There is a nice room and a patio right in the center of Laguna Beach. The real star is the food . Everything I've had here on several visits has been first rate. Last night I had a grilled pork chop infused with maple syrup and a maple glaze that was absolutely delicious. The service and staff are really on top of their game and all of the food is excellent. Great selection of wines and beer as well. Can't say enough good things about this place. Good value and a great night out in Laguna Beach. I will never miss a chance to eat here.