“Super oyster change my view”

230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
230 Forest Avenue Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 173 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have never like to eat oyster in my life. My friend who tasted the oyster in this restaurant highly recommended I try it. Reluctantly I did. And change my view about oyster forever! Now I love oyster! And now I know what a good fresh oyster with the perfect garnish taste like. Just go in and have the oyster! Well, the seafood salad was excellent too.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We went to 230 for the first time last night and will be going back again for sure. Our party had the haddock, scallops and sea bass and they were all deliciously prepared and beautifully presented. The Rosemary Lemon Drop drink was amazing. The service was prompt, friendly and accurate. It's outdoor seating is right along the street to allow for great people watching. I would highly recommend this restaurant to couples and to groups of friends.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We met family there for dinner and drinks. The martinis are amazing and Dan the bartender is awesome!! Dinner was very good as well!! Lots of happy going on there!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant in the heart of Laguna Beach's shopping/restaurant district is just lovely. My boyfriend and I started coming here about a year ago when we didn't have any ideas and just walked in. We split the cioppino and something else and had the best service and experience possible, given low expectations. Now we have been coming back to this restaurant all year - 3 more times and we no longer share the cioppino but order two. It is a great place and everything they make is outstanding and eating at the bar is a great dining experience. Good wine list and obvious they take the craft and source seriously. Love this place!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Over the past several years, I've dined at 230 Forest Avenue on several occasions. It is consistently good. On my most recent visit, I stopped in for a light lunch. My salad with shrimp and crab was perfect for a late lunch. Service is efficient. Prices are a little higher but that should be expected given the location.