“The best hotel on the beach”

Laguna Riviera Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“The best hotel on the beach”
Reviewed 15 June 2006

The rooms were clean, the best location in the middle of everything that matters, the beach was clean.

I had the best time of my life in Laguna and I give the hotel 100% credit for making it a memorable visit ....

thanks for everything

43 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 5 June 2006

The best part of this motel is its location.....just a short walk to the beach but the office staff kills it. They were very rude when asked even a simple question. The breakfast in the lobby is a joke, small boxes of cereal, day old danish and smelly fruit. If you just want a place close to the beach and the center of town then go ahead but don't expect any type of good service from the staff. I'd rather pay a little more next time and stay in a nicer place. There are many motels in Laguna so do yourself a favor and check around a little before you pick this one as a last resort. Oh and the best part, our room had major plumbing problems. Ah, good times, not.

8 Thank Ace4294
Essex, UK
Reviewed 30 April 2006

I stayed at the Laguna Riviera with my family and we rented the beach bungalow between us making it very affordable.

It was the most fantastic location, we looked out of the living room window directly at the ocean and all it encompassed, surfers, dolphins, sea lions and pelicans and great sun sets. The beach was just one flight of stairs away.

The bungalow was extreemely well equiped with a full kitchen and enough china to serve 12 people it was also furnished to a high standard and the beds were very comfortable.

There was not only a washer and dryer but the detergent and softner was also provided and as we had been travelling a couple of weeks before we arrived here this was very usefull.

Local Supermarket was within walking distance so it was easy to self cater, (join their rewards club and save a few bucks) there were also a few restaurtants and fast food outlets within walking distance and many more just a short drive away.

Ideal location for visiting LA and San Diego but beware of the trafic jams on the Interstates and give youself pleanty of time to reach these cities.

I would definately stay here again.

48 Thank clares1964
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed 27 April 2006

I think I've been waiting a year to write this! My husband and I had gone to this hotel April 29, 2005. It had come highly recommended. We had been going thru some extremely difficult times with family illness, and had booked the hotel months previous. We were SO looking forward to getting there!

That was part of our problem, our flight from Denver arrived in the morning...we thought, no big deal, we'll see about check in, knowing we probably COULDN"T before afternoon. On arrival, it appeared that we were intruding on the personnel's time...we were treated like we shouldn't have been there. I remember thinking, we're PAYING for this, and we're being treated terribly. The staff, including the manager on duty acted like we were out of place, and not wanted...of course, we were early...but, all we asked is if we could check in. We're grown adults, aware that it probably wouldn't work out. I will never never pay a cent to go there, and to be honest, if offered a free room, I wouldn't walk into that place again. It was one of the most disappointing stays in Laguna...but, thankfully, we only had to do it once! :) It will never happen again!

• Stayed April 2005
9 Thank Debimomof3
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed 25 April 2006

This is the second time we stayed at the Laguna Riviera. This time, we were in Room 303 and then moved to Room 201. What a wonderful place. The staff is terrific, but not intrusive. The location is spectacular. Rooms are mediium sized, and a little funky but nice. The rooms we were in had a small fridge, microwave, sink and coffee maker. And then there's the view....INCREDIBLE! This is not the place for you if you want room service or a gym on site. This is where you go if you truly want to relax and take in the ocean and just be. It's a short walk to all the shopping in Laguna Beach, and right on the PCH. We love it there, and can't wait to go back.

50 Thank Molly036
Tacoma WA
Reviewed 8 April 2006

I'd give this hotel 4 points because of the location on the beach and close to the tourist shopping, on top of very reasonable prices. The rooms are not sparkling, but for the money, ours was decent and do-able. Parking is free and there is a normal continental breakfast.

But I'm goinv this 3 points because of the poor service. Sour people who weren't at all interested in the fact that I was a guest. When I asked for directions, one receptionist wouldn't even get up from her seat, which was a distance from the front desk, to talk to me. When I asked her to show me something on the map that I had, she looked annoyed. Now, I'm a pleasant person, so it's not as though I had alienated them with any aggressiveness or demanding demeanor. They were just consistently disinterested. The fact that the place is "family run" certainly runs counter to their favor. If they were corporate, they might have higher standards.

Given that there are many hotels on that same street, I'd opt for another place next time.

10 Thank arlenejoe
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2006

Can't wait to return. We came to Laguna for a family reunion and were fortunate enough to locate a room at this hotel. My cousin who lives in the area made the recomendation and if your looking for value and location with insane views this is the best in Laguna. I know there are fancier places but they are way too expensive. We stopped by the Montage were my very succesful uncle parted with over $1,200 a night for his room. Yes it was beautiful but I spent less than half of his nightly rate for 3 nights within walking distance of the downtown area, looking at the same ocean and had a closer view. We thought the rooms, location, public spaces and staff were all great. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2006