“Great Location, friendly staff, great birthday offer!”

The Tides Laguna Beach
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend (and also my birthday). The rooms were fine, not luxury, but what you needed including fridge. Pool area wa beautiful and the staff were excellent. Loved the birthday offer - we paid the last 2 digits of the year of my birth for my birthday night.
Laguna beach is a great town with a really good atmosphere and a good selection of shops/restaurants/bars, all within walking distance of The Tides. The beach was pretty narrow for all the crowds - we preferred the beach at Newport Balboa Peninsula a few miles up the coast. Overall, a great trip to Laguna beach and really liked The Tides.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Chrismema09
TidesLagunaBeach, Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Happy Birthday from the staff here at The Tides. Isn't that great fun? We are happy you had such a special occasion to celebrate and we hope Laguna Beach will be your next destination.

Joe and Judy
Resident Managers

There are newer reviews for The Tides Laguna Beach

Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed at the tides laguna inn for our family vactaion and loved it. Joe and Dale were on point for all recommendations (entertainmnet, food, services)and very helpful. The entire staff was friendly and so.. nice. The inn is located in a great spot, 1 block from beach, walking distance to town/shops and close to great places to eat. Thanks for making our stay so great!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank maria m
TidesLagunaBeach, Owner at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We absolutely love making our guests happy and their vacations fabulous. Thanks for staying with us at The Tides.

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I havent even left my room but had to write a review because I am blown away at the exceptional service.

My HBO wasnt working and I was looking forward watching it during my stay, as I dont use a TV at home. Dale at the front desk should get a raise or bonus for spending hours and constant follow-up to get the HBO channel to work for me. I got to watch 15mins of my show, True Blood, and I am still shocked at the service. This is so rare and I will definitely stay again.

The rooms are clean, affordable, 1blk from the beach, has parking, nice pool area, vending machines and great staff.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dale always goes out of his way for our guests. but because of you we did solve some TV problems.....as far as a raise for Dale--you are too kind but we will all discuss it! He is the best.
We thank you for your understanding and hope you return.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had our Family Reunion at The Tides this year. We booked every room they have which was perfect for our size family. The Tides is in a great location for all sorts of activities. It is about a one and a half block walk to the beach so you don't have to worry about parking. They have plenty at the Inn. Joe and Judy are so kind, friendly and helpful. The pool area was an Awesome place for everyone to congregate. Plenty of tables and chairs. That became our main gathering area. Thank you Joe and Judy for a Great week. I'm from the Kansas City area and when I'm back in the area of Laguna Beach I know where I'm staying. Can't wait till next time!

1  Thank MikeTheTraveler56
TidesLagunaBeach, Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

We can't wait either!
Adored and enjoyed your entire family.
Thanks so much,

Reviewed 7 August 2012

I loved our stay at The Tides with my 2 boys, (9 & 11). Room & bath were large, clean, cheery and had everything we needed. I appreciated the fridge and the intelligent layout. Location is great, across the street from the beach and within walking distance to everything. Owners are very friendly and helpful and provided good coffee in the morning. My boys enjoyed the pool. Would definitely stay again - good value!

1  Thank dosmadre

We all thank you so much. You said everything we strive to be. Our goal is "clean and affordable" plus our location is hard to beat! We will look for you again. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

If you're thinking of having a family reunion, The Tides is perfect. We rented the whole place for our group of 62 and it was great. The pool area is fantastic for any getogether . . . complete with two bars, fireplace, pool, and lots of space. Joe and Judy, the managers, supplied our every need. Every room is different and unique. Very welcoming! A block to the ocean, nice restaurants, grocery store, etc. We were there from Monday to Friday and everyone wanted to stay for more.

Room Tip: We were in 105 with a king bed that was very comfortable. It was also big enough to move in a futon...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

We all agree that your family truly knows how to have fun. The Tides crew loved hearing your stories and watching all those happy kids in the pool and at the BBQ. We would not mind being part of your group ourselves. Hoping you can plan another get-away real soon. We thank you for choosing us.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

First of all I would agree with the others that Joe and Judy Wood were superb hosts and were not only very nice but also went out of their way to suggest beaches, restaurants and events that they suggested we attend. Both restaurant recommendations were excellent and we really enjoyed the beaches in Laguna as they were secluded and within walking distance. As a matter of fact everything was within walking distance which was great. The only downside to our stay was the lack of king beds and the traffic noise particularly on Sunday night (the week days were much quieter). The inn provided ear plugs for the traffic noise which was a nice touch. It was really nice to be able to have beach chairs and towels and Judy let us keep the chairs and towels even after we checked out. We would come back again in a minute next time we are in town!

1  Thank hpd3
TidesLagunaBeach, Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thanks for bragging on our location...isn't it great to leave your car in the complimentary parking spot and walk to everything, beach included? We are so glad you enjoyed that. We do have rooms with king beds so next time you call to reserve, please ask for availability.

Until your next visit,