“Great cozy place!”

The Tides Laguna Beach
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Dale has such an eye for details, beautiful pool & fireplace & bbq for outdoor relaxation, very comfortable bed, clean & nicely decorated room. Very helpful & attentive owner. Close to downtown, quiet, & this has the ambiance of an upscale bed & breakfast! Love the place, prices were extremely reasonable for the area. Wished our visit was longer & we will be back, soon! Mario & Shirley Moretti, Chicago, IL

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
lifegoesbyfast, Public Relations Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

Wow, Mario and Shirley, thank you for your glowing review of The Tides. We appreciate your noticing the care that has gone into the decor and ambience of this lovingly refurbished inn. We hope you tell your friends about it, and come back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2010

I booked some friends from Europe into the Tides Inn after spending a whole day in
Laguna Beach looking for a nice place, not too expensive. I went to 6 Hotels and was on my way home when by accident I saw the Tides and made one more stop. I'm very happy I did.
I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel. Dale at the office was very friendly and helpful. My friends loved it and next time I have company, I will save lot's of time by going to the Tides Inn first.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 28 May 2010

My stay at The Tides helped to make my Laguna Beach vacation a wonderful visit. The staff was super friendly. The room was clean & comfortable; the location perfect. It felt like a home away from home. I highly recommend this motel. I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We are longtime residents of Laguna Beach but have relocated out of state for work. Rather than bother friends during the Holidays, we chose to stay in a hotel and had heard that the Tides was charming. What an understatement! The Tides Inn is the quintessential Laguna experience. Every room is decorated in it's own style - funky beach cottage but new and full of fun details. It is everything you love about Laguna. The rooms are clean and have an ocean view. We brought our dog (they welcome pets). I could not have been happier unless I was in my own home. We walked downtown everyday to eat and shop. We walked to the beautiful park and tide pools which are across the street from the Tides. There are lots of hotels in Laguna Beach but this is a secret spot that is unlike the chains and high end posh resorts. We hate those kind of places! If you are coming to Laguna, and you really like the charming Laguna style, you must try The Tides Inn.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank solagjeannie
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Just back from 2 weeks at Laguna Beach. Stayed at the Tides. Recommend it 100%.
A special thanks to Dale & L inda who run it. They can't do enough to look after you
We had 3 great rooms. Linen & towels changed daily. The pool area is lovely.
Ideal for bbqs. gorgeous seating area with fire for the evenings. Free internet which was excellent. Photos to follow.
The position is ideal, just park your car and a couple of minutes stroll to all Laguna offers. Would go back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We took a chance on The Tides after reading favorable reviews and are glad we did. The price was fantastic, especially factoring in the birthday special ($70 for a 1970 birthday!). We loved the second story room and the fact that we could sleep with the window open. The kitchenette is a great feature and allowed us to bring our own snacks and drinks. We are very picky about the cleanliness of hotel rooms and this place was sparkling clean. Very comfortable beds - the only minor complaint is the too soft/flimsy pillows. The location was perfect for us because we did not want to have to drive far - Main Beach is a short walk away and Aliso Beach is a 5-minute drive. The staff was extremely helpful with restaurant selections and just providing a welcoming atmosphere. All in all, we would move in if we could!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Mature couple visiting from UK.
Stayed for 3 nights at this small friendly hotel on the more affordable side of the highway.
Room with kitchenette, good size, well equiped, very clean and lovely large comfortable bed.
Could not wish for more friendly or helpful service, nothing was too much trouble. Great recommendations for places to eat and where to visit.
Good size pool, with loungers, pool toys, towels etc. BBQ and fire.
If I had to make any criticism, could be a little noisy but value for money easily compensates.
Would definately return for longer visit.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple