“Location and managers make this place very good”

The Tides Laguna Beach
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 15 February 2011

In between a blizzard at home and a week-long trade show in Anaheim, my husband and I stayed here for two nights.

The negatives: The bathroom could use some updating and the kitchenette was not really equipped for doing much more than making coffee or storing leftovers. I am incredibly sensitive to smoke and our "neighbors" were outside their room smoking during the first night--I was a bit bothered by that.

The postives: Our room was clean and the bed very comfortable. The place feels like a good friend's guest room--we liked that. The couple who manage the place were very friendly and helpful with directions and restaurants. We loved being able to walk over to Heisler Park and to the downtown area where many restaurants were located.

Overall, we were quite pleased and will probably return next year.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
TidesLagunaBeach, Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2011

We thank you so much for your comments and we are happy you will return. The maintenance of our rooms (and upgrading process) is an ongoing project which began eight years ago. We try to preserve the charm while making our rooms comfortable, affordable and gracious. We look forward to your next visit.

Managers of The Tides

Reviewed 6 February 2011

I am happy to know that this place exists. What a treat. Well appointed extended room when you get one with the kitchette. For a couple of nights, a refrigerator for left overs and snacks, high end microwave, coffee maker and toaster. Equipped with necessary kitchen needs. To a detail, decorated with exquisite taste. And a place you want to think of as your room when you come through this beautful town.

• Stayed: February 2011
TidesLagunaBeach, Manager at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2011

We are so glad you felt at home here. That is what we want to accomplish....a home away from home atmosphere. Thanks for choosing The Tides.

Joe and Judy

Reviewed 2 February 2011

We stayed one night at the Tides. The managers are exceptionally nice and accomodating people and went out of their way to be helpful. The room we stayed in was clean for the most part, but in need of some updating. The bathroom floor is old vinyl with holes and cracks. The shower is in need of regrouting and cleaning. The walls are paper thin.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

We strive to update our rooms and it is a constant ongoing process. Our property is elderly but we try to maintain the charm at the same time trying to keep it spotless.

Please come see us again.

Joe and Judy

Reviewed 17 January 2011

My husband and I took our first needed vacation in at least 2 years and this was one of our last stops along the road. We were taking a 7 day road trip and decided we wanted to stay at the beach for 2 days. We chose The Tides almost randomly, It had fantastic reviews on TripAdvisor, and believe that the area was just what we needed to escape our very hectic lives. Well I found my new heaven. Since I am writing this several months later( usually I write a review immediately) I have found the lasting effects of this beautiful Inn to have giving me my Serenity back. Living in Las Vegas has a tendency to bring a little stress at times. The tides washed it completely away. part of me didn't want to write this review in fear I would never be able to get a reservation again! We have found ourselves day dreaming of getting back there as soon as possible! The rooms were extraordinarily clean and comfortable. The Owners are friendly and warm, generous with their property and knowledgeable about the area and share it with their guests. We found a Laundress in walking distance as well as the beach and downtown! we actually walked everywhere! I have 241 days ( yes I have it on a tracker on my desk top!) until my next vacation..I can't wait to get back to the Tides!

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

We are so pleased that you gathered serenity here at The Tides. We strive to maintain that atmosphere and will be so happy to see you again.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

My husband and I are actually from the Orange County area, but due to a flood in our home needed a hotel. We stayed at the Tides off and on and got to try out 3 different rooms. All the rooms are decorated tastefully and are all a little different. Plus, there was nice extra Christmas decorations in the room which just gives the place a really nice feel to it. The towels and the sheets are VERY good quality- I got a great night's sleep. There is free wi-fi. 2 of the 3 rooms we were in had a mini fridge. All of them had air conditioning. The service was great- we were given fresh fruit and every employee we interacted with was very friendly. The location is good, it is just a short walk into town... however, this place is not in the dead center of town, which, to me, makes it nicer... and again, you can be in the heart of Laguna in 5 minutes... the beach in 2 minutes. Plus there is a supermarket and a great frozen yogurt place just a block away. If I have friends visiting us in the future I will make sure they stay at The Tides!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

We love it when you appreciate our location as much as we do:>) And we enjoy knowing you went exploring to experience the quaint little city of Laguna Beach, all at your fingertips.

Reviewed 2 January 2011

Had a room reserved, Tides calls two days before to tell me they upgraded me to better room. I said the first room was fine but was assured this was better at same price. Room we got was Motel 6 size, TV was as old as I have had in hotel in years and had those wavey lines on top quarter of screen. You went to sleep when the people above you went to sleep and got up when they did. I could go on but I could have stayed at Newport Marriott or Hyatt for same price and will next go around

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank ears1foru
TidesLagunaBeach, Owner at The Tides Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2011

We are so sorry you were disappointed.
Joe, Judy, Dale and I try very hard to provide a beautiful, comfortable, clean accomodation.
Please enjoy your stay at the Newport Marriott.
Linda Humes

Reviewed 16 December 2010

Sweet service and plush room decor. Very comfortable, close to the beach, action and Pavillions.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple

How unique that you chose rooms with sayings fitting for each team member. We thoroughly enjoyed your staff and hope you are back soon for the next meeting.