“Great place for breakfast”
Review of Penguin Cafe

Penguin Cafe
Ranked #46 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Warwick, New York
“Great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stumbled across this place as we were walking down the street. Great little place for breakfast. Yes, little it is but that adds to the atmosphere. I had the corned beef hash and eggs and they were great while my buddy had the french toast and eggs. Also had a side of sourdough toast and the coffee was endless and nice and strong. Service was fantastic and the food came quickly. I will eat here again on my next visit.

• Visited August 2014

Zurich, Switzerland
“Original, old style diner, slow kitchen ”
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We went there because it was highly recommended to have the best breakfast in town. The restaurant has a nice vintage style but the kitchen is way too small if the restaurant is full. We waited 40min for an omelette and 3 plates if pancake. Quality was average but definitely not best in Laguna Beach.

Pacific NW
“Best breakfast in town! Best people!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Wow! this is a great place!! This family run cafe has the best potatoes obrien and egg scramble! The portions are large and the food is great. It is a small place but the only place I will ever eat breakfast when I'm in Laguna Beach! The owner and a nice gal "Dee" are fantastic! GREAT FOOD!

• Visited June 2014
DENVER, North Caroli
“Great littel burger place,”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My son and I stopped in for a quick bite, it is old school small diner! great burger and out the back door is just steps away from the ocean.. will most deifinatley recomend.

• Visited April 2014
Riverside, California
“Just average”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is a hole-in-the-wall for sure. There were 7 of us and we were sandwiched between the booths and the counter. It's not a place for groups. It's tiny! We felt like we were in the way of the locals trying to talk above and around us. That being said, I was unimpressed with the food. It's what you would cook up at home. I was on vacation and wanted a treat, the staff was nice. No complaints there.

• Visited April 2014