“Love the beer selection”
Review of Brussels Bistro

Brussels Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Brussels Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pacific Coast Highway
Description: Since 2004, Brussels Bistro has brought the best in Belgium flavors to the heart of Laguna Beach. Relax on the terrace with a premium Belgian beer or dine underground in our casual-urban setting. Offering Belgian cuisine with a French flair, our Executive Chef, Thomas Crijns has created a superb menu of authentic dishes ranging from Beef Bourguignon to Steamed Mussels. Complimenting our wide variety of imported Belgian beers are mouthwatering hors d’oeuvres including Cheese Croquettes and our world-famous Belgian Fries. Join us on Friday and Saturday nights when the Bistro transforms into one of the hottest nightclubs in town.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is always great with the beer selection and the fabulous food. I always meet some great people from all over the world when I dine here.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My friends and I came here for the "club' they have at night. I liked that they did not charge a cover and found the DJ was better than at the other "club' we went to down the street. The building is fairly small but it was fun and we liked that you could move around with your drink instead of being confined to one area. I was a little bummed that everything completely stopped and they made everyone leave at 1:30 instead of just doing a last call. After seeing the good Belgian beer list and the menu items written on the wall I plan to come back and check out the food sometime during the day.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If you're a fan of Belgian beer and even if you're not, Brussels Bistro is a treat!!
Starting with attentive service, tasty food, friendly staff, and ending with an impressive list of Belgian beers, one for everyone's taste, Brussels bistro is sure to impress.
The place is always crowded but the staff treats you like mini-Belgian royalty!! Oscar was running around constantly making sure we had everything we needed, the bread was hot, the beer cold, the sea bass in parchment oh-so-yummy, the mussels amazing, and the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.
We'll be back, Manneken Pis (the emblem of the rebellious city of Brussels and of this bistro) got us hooked!!!

1  Thank Ploosh
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had dinner here last night and it was outstanding. First the atmosphere was very relaxed and laid back, which could be deceiving. But after a day of work, our group was ready to kick back and enjoy a nice meal.

The menu is quite extensive in terms of choices, from duck to sea bass. I had the sea bass in parchment paper. When they pulled it out of the bag it smelled and looked fantastic, which it was. Very moist and flakey. My wife and several others had the Mussels, basically all you can eat in six different flavors (sauces like garlic cream, wine, mustard, etc). They were very good and are served with these awesome French fries, which are also all you can eat! Monday thru Wednesday you get these mussels and fries with a glass of wine or a beer, which is included in the cost.

Pricing was reasonable, only saw one entree over $40, all the rest were a very good value. Our service was exceptional, very attentive and friendly. I never had to worry about getting low on anything!

I'd highly recommend this place if you are looking for excellent food, service and atmosphere, you will be glad you did.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We went back the same restaurant a second night. We loved the staff, the food, and the atmosphere. They remembered us from the first night we were there. It is a nice feeling when you are vacationing away from home to find a friendly place with warmth and wonderful food