“Best Caribbean Food period!”

Eva's Caribbean Kitchen
Ranked #56 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
san clemente, CA
“Best Caribbean Food period!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Food is amazing!!! Love the fact that the spicy dishes are truly spicy! My favs are the blackened catfish and curried snapper. The Aubergine Choka appetizer is also not to be missed. Also strongly recommend the carrot cake for dessert.
Staff is extremely warm and helpful. Its like eating at a family event.
Its a little hard to find so drive slow when you get close. Parking can be a little tough. However, its worth the effort!!! Strongly recommend!!!

• Visited October 2013

Valley Forge, Pennsylvania
“Exceptional food, great service, and an the best rum selection ever seen!!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped in for an early dinner on the way through town, had heard about Eva's from some locals several beaches away and the place was even better than we heard!!

The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly and helped us select our apps and entrees from the menu, then helped us pair a rum from their incredible selection.

Dinner was fantastic! Seriously one of the best meals I've had on the west coast and definitely top 5 overall.

I highly recommend this place for a very high quality, delicious chef prepared meal in a casual dining atmosphere.

If you're in town or passing through, don't miss this place!!!

Visited September 2013
San Clemente, California
“Flavor Not Spice”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went with 3 other girlfriends after work upon making a reservation. I didn't know what to expect but I'd been to Jamaica at least 20 times. We were greeted very friendly like. I felt welcomed right away. We were the first group to arrive but it filled up in no time at all. You can miss it if you blink while driving by. The menu was much smaller than I expected but that suited me just fine to make choosing a dish much simpler. Even then it was a process of elimination because each dish read beautifully. When we got our food the whole place was buzzing with yummy sounds. There was so much food on our plates. My 1/2 chicken dish was so juicy and tender, I might have shed a tear. The two girls had steaks that were the size of my face. The one fish dish was tasted by me and it was awesome. She said it was the best fish she's ever had in her life. The veggies where cooked to perfection and my appetizer of Callalou soup was divine. Everyone ate everything, shoving last bites where they did not have room to fit but the desire to taste it again lingered. The waitress brought our full tummies a serving of Crème Brule ON HER with 4 spoons and yes, we inhaled it because it was perfection in a dish. We left with a reasonable tab and great memories. I recommend this place whole heartedly.

1 Thank TheTravelB
Laguna Niguel, CA
“Authentic Food and Amazing Cocktails”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Service was very good, food was above par and the cocktails are perfection!
Much cheaper than a trip to the Caribbean!

1 Thank HRHofOC
Orange county
“Amazing dinner and cocktails!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We just had our 30th wedding anniversary party here. My guests are still raving about their experience days later. Eva created a wonderful menu and her staff were caring and professional. Our night was one for the books! My guests didn't want to leave, raving about the atmosphere. All of them said they will return!

1 Thank becky47