“Great Food and Great Service”

Eva's Caribbean Kitchen
Ranked #62 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The restaurant was fantastic and the service was great. The portions were very large. I had the Jerk Salmon, which was very tastefully done. The spinach was very good too. The staff was very nice, attentive and helpful The dinner salad was very good too with pineapple. We were seated as soon as we arrived for our reservation. I would recommend reservations. We sat on the nice patio which had heat lamps. Inside was a little too loud for me. The heat lamps kept me warm and I get cold easily. I would highly recommend the place. It was a great place to go for my birthday.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

We celebrated my wife's birthday last night at Eva's. While the service was friendly and and attentive
I want to direct my criticism toward the prices they get for their entrees. I ordered the chicken curry while my wife asked for the shrimp curry. I was able to find a fair share of small pieces of chicken in my dish,
however the potatoes far exceeded the chicken in a dish labeled "chicken curry." My wife told me she was hard pressed to find a shrimp in her "shrimp curry." In any event, Eva's has a price of $27 for a chicken dish that was mostly potatoes and veggies ! Really ? I would expect other restaurants to have a price of around $15 to $18 for such an entree ( for chicken! ) Our kids treated us so I did not see the final tab, but it was ridiculously expensive. It will be a long time before I darken their door again.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

With so many great places to eat in Laguna, I wouldn't choose this one again. Great drinks but the food was way too oily/greasy. Spend your money elsewhere.

2  Thank sctomlinson
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Food is amazing!!! Love the fact that the spicy dishes are truly spicy! My favs are the blackened catfish and curried snapper. The Aubergine Choka appetizer is also not to be missed. Also strongly recommend the carrot cake for dessert.
Staff is extremely warm and helpful. Its like eating at a family event.
Its a little hard to find so drive slow when you get close. Parking can be a little tough. However, its worth the effort!!! Strongly recommend!!!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stopped in for an early dinner on the way through town, had heard about Eva's from some locals several beaches away and the place was even better than we heard!!

The wait staff was knowledgeable and friendly and helped us select our apps and entrees from the menu, then helped us pair a rum from their incredible selection.

Dinner was fantastic! Seriously one of the best meals I've had on the west coast and definitely top 5 overall.

I highly recommend this place for a very high quality, delicious chef prepared meal in a casual dining atmosphere.

If you're in town or passing through, don't miss this place!!!