“Just So-So”

Laguna Canyon Winery
Ranked #30 of 74 things to do in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Went here with my parents. Had an amazon deal so I figured we would go try it out. Luckily I had my gps. If you drove too fast, you would drive right past it. It wasn't overly crowded when we went but they told us they were expecting a big group so everyone 'squished' at the bar. Not a problem. The personnel was 'friendly' but I wouldn't say overly friendly or pleasant. They poured our selections but didn't really explain anything about the wine or what it would be good with. They just poured and that was it. They did pay attention to see if you wanted to try your next selection but that was it. No recommendations or anything. Got the bottle of wines that came with the deal so they did say not to pick those wines because we were getting it anyhow. That was the most helpful that they were. Probably wound't go back.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

...if you enjoy wines and wine tasting. We found excellent wines at this small winery. The girl behind the counter pouring tastings was no too familiar with wines to keep a conversation going with us about the wines we were tasting. After sampling 4 whites and 5 reds (we spit!), we left with a case of varieties. Of all the wines we tasted, 1 was good; the rest were excellent. The Tauny Port was a nice surprise and added to their selections. This small winery was definitely a stop to taste, enjoy and purchase wines to add to our own wine collection.

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Yes, they charge for tastings but don't most places and besides they pour a lot for just a taste and they don't mind opening a new bottle for you to try. I really love this place .. the scenery is great and the staff has always been really nice.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I liked everything about it. We went to the downtown Lagi=uan Beach Location on Glenneyre near Mermaid & though it was a small shop, they made everyone feel welcome & it was almost like an intimate & cozy Cocktail Party with friends. Most of the Wines were very good (from Naopa & Sonoma & Central Coast) & some average, but the award-winnning selsctions were really memorable. We've been to Napa, Sonoma, Temecula, etc. & this was right up there was the smaller city shops, (like ones in Healdsburg in Sonoma). The Wine Bottles designed by a Local Ocean-Themed Artist are lovely & I've saved 2 of them to make something artsy later. Really liked the Tasting Glasses & bought 6 of them to take home with the wine.

1  Thank Malita S
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Well the wine certainly isn't Napa Cab, but they're very good and a great friendly staff caps off the experience! I love to find a good Malbec!