“Mixed Feelings!!!”
Review of La Casa del Camino

La Casa del Camino
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 13 January 2011

Outside, Lobby, roof top,restaurant and location are awesome(period). This place is well visited by the locals and travelers. As for the rooms? It appears that the interior decorator was on crack or needed some! I could say much about the color schemes, but that would take away from the tiny, non-welcoming , uncomfortable, and uncoordinated decor and laid out living spaces. Yet, having stayed here for 5 nights I must admit that the positives out weigh the negative rooms. They could charge 3x the price if they simply hired professionals to face lift the rooms.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank zkost

Reviewed 12 January 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at this boutique hotel in Laguna Beach three times over the months of November and December. I absolutely fell in love with it and would not mind living in the suite I stayed in. My experiences with the front desk staff was nothing more than first class. The suite I stayed in was state of the art, with every electronic gizmo you could ask for in a hotel room, the art work and design were outstanding including the wine refrigerator, did I already say I would like to live there.

The Happy Hour at both the Rooftop and Kya are outstanding! The views from the Rooftop are stunning with wonderful staff that make you feel at home and offer blankets during breezy evening. The Happy Hour at Kya has the most delicious food offering in town with a dedicated following, so it is important to make reservations, yes, reservations for Happy Hour, very popular.

If you are going to make a trip to Laguna Beach I would highly recommend this hotel as the best value for your money with a warm, European feel!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeachGirl2_11
Reviewed 31 December 2010

My family and I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas at the hotel. The hotel is very charming with the flavor of times past at the beach. The location was wonderful, steps from the beach. The food in C'Ya resturant was delicious (Happy hour was an especially good value ).The staff was especially helpful even providing extra cooking items for me to cook Thanksgiving dinner.We also enjoyed the quiet view atop the hotel of a breathtaking California coastline.I could go on but I recomend you visit yourself.I can't wait for summer to come so I can book it again. :)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SantaBarbaraSusan
Reviewed 13 December 2010

I stayed in the Billabong Suite and it was...SWEET! The design was great. Wonderful shower. Great rooftop restaurant with an incredible view. My favorite thing? THE STAFF! I felt like I was home the second I arrived. I so look forward to trying another suite on my next visit.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ManOnTheMove
Reviewed 2 December 2010

My husband and I have stayed at La Casa del Camino a couple of times and every time we go it just gets better. From the front desk to house keeping. Everyone is pleasant and very good at their jobs. The roof restaurant was so nice and K'ya bistro has such a great variety of foods. The only thing missing was a Mexican beer which I prefer. And if that's the worst thing that I can say I guess it was fabulous. Thank you to the entire staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mlynnylynn
Reviewed 18 November 2010

W had a family wedding on the rooftop deck overlooking the Pacific. Everything went great in large part to the staff at the hotel. The event planner and Norma at the desk did everything to make it a great weekend.
The retaurant is top quality, the rooms , although small, are spotless,
In the heart of Laguna B, a few steps from the beach, with restaurants and shopping all around. This is a great hotel value.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FredinVI
Reviewed 18 October 2010

We have stayed here twice to celebrate family milestones with my extended (24 people) family.

You can watch directly to the beach from the hotel without worrying about the safety of small children. The staff -- especially the owner -- are incredibly friendly and helpful, which was much appreciated by this insomniac. We walked to several local restaurants and the "downtown" area of Laguna, which is really one big tourist trap.

We enjoyed using the top patio for the view and wine drinking. The owners let us bring in my father's homemade wine without any fuss.

We loved the location and the feeling of having a huge family home on a beautiful beach for a weekend.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family