“Noise level too loud”

Laguna Brisas Hotel
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
“Noise level too loud”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We were up most of the night!!!! We could hear the traffic, people walking up and down the street, and the people talking in adjacent rooms. If you stay here make sure your room is not facing PCH as it is impossible to get any sleep. The breakfast was good and the staff was very nice and efficient. Check in was quick and easy.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I'm sorry you were not able to thoroughly enjoy your stay. You may want to try an interior room next time. Many people like the exterior rooms because of the view but if you are sensitive to noise this may not be a good idea. Either way our staff will go the extra step to ensure your comfort. Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in the Best Western Laguna Brisas Spa Hotel and had a great experience. The hotel is directly across Coast Hwy 1 from the beach (there is a stop light and a cross walk for pedestrians), and once you cross the road the beach is gorgeous. You basically can't go wrong with any of the numerous coves at Laguna Beach: our absolute favorite was less than a mile south (Aliso Beach County Park). White sands, rock formations jutting from the sea, uncrowded beaches, and balmy weather: what more could you ask for. The hotel provides a filling hot complimentary breakfast, an outdoor pool and hot tub, and gives guests plush beach towels and snazzy beach chairs to use on the beach. Parking is free and readily available and the staff is friendly. We enjoyed dining at Romeo Cucina in downtown Laguna (once the toast of Orange County, and with a Groupon a very affordable dining experience) as well as walking from the hotel to downtown Laguna on numerous nights. The walk is a 20 minute trek, but the boutique stores, artist galleries, eclectic restaurants and charming scenery made each excursion more enjoyable than the next. Be sure to try The Cliff restaurant for perfect views of the sunset and main beach, and don't miss their Happy Hours or fantastic tacos!

Room Tip: EVERY room has a jacuzzi tub that is huge and really works; every room! For couples or anyone who li...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryanroseberry
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. It is a charming city with many things to do. Our staff will continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We realize you have many choices and we are glad you choose us. Hope to see you again.
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We asked for a quiet room they gave us one with a view of a dark courtyard. Still okay as we planned to be out all night. The room was clean, the check in was fast but the morning staff had a full blown level (VERY LOUD) conversation outside of our room at 6am while stirring up waffle batter for the breakfast room. This went on for at least an hour, and when I finally got up to ask them to stop they dispersed. I mentioned it to the front desk clerk when we were leaving he apologized and said "oh yeah that happens", the manager was beside him and said nothing. I hate to do this because I really like most best westerns as they are economical. However, I will not stand for crappy service and noise. I gave them a poor survey on line and the GM contacted me saying, basically sorry and we hope we see you again.....Ummmm! Nope you wont! BEWARE!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel like the Holiday in down the street
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Jose2244, Owner at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We will investigate your allegations and re-train our staff if necessary. We will continue to instill in a culture of service towards our guest to ensure a pleasant stay. Best regards.
msp, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We enjoyed the room on the 2nd floor and could park in the side entrance parking lot and walk through to our room. The balcony was small but had a view down the short street out to the ocean. We walked that short street at the end of Bluebird Canyon Rd to a gorgeous ocean beach with an arch to walk under to a small tide pool area. Few people there. The room was cute, with a small fridge. We used the roof top hot tub rather than the in room pool, oddly enough. Casual feel, comfy. Drive to down town Laguna Beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

2 Thank Gail T
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments will motivate our staff to continue to work towards 100% guest satisfaction. We hope to see you soon. Best regards.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We were upgraded to a room with a view on the upper floor. Observed a breathtaking sunset from the rooftop terrace by our room! Appreciated the helpful staff who put together bagels and yogurt for an early breakfast since we had to leave on a whale watching boat tour before breakfast was served!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will commend the staff for taking initiative in regards to your breakfast. It's the least we can do. Hope you were able to watch some whales. We look forward to your next stay.
san bernardino, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

the young man who checked me in was new but he was very sweet and very professional.... Awesome stay as always :) I try to stay here with my family at least once a year, and at least once a yaer just me and my husband and it is always a delight : ) we love coming the this best western! the pool deck is our favorite place, so peaceful and beautiful

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. I appreciate your positive mention regarding our customer service. I will share it with the staff. We look forward to serving you again in your next stay. Travel safe.
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

We loved the look of this hotel and the jacuzzi in the tub until we realized they put us in an out of service room just to make money!! The heater AND THE shower were both broken and did not work and I actually cut my hand while trying to shut it off. The walls are so thin you can hear the TV in the rooms next door and the cars were so loud that I felt like I was sleeping outside on the street! The front desk attendant Bianca was very rude and actually insisted I was lying about the heater and shower being broken until I had maintenance come and replace the shower knob and give us a space heater. She refused to let me speak to a manager saying they were in meetings and she could not do anything except 30% off and even after my complaint I still had to call customer care just to get this front desk attendant to have someone fix the shower and look at the heat box. I asked if she could switch us rooms and she said they were all booked yet told me that if I had complained at 2am she would have switched me rooms. She was very argumentative, arrogant, and rude. I work in the hotel industry and I HAVE NEVER EVER seen customer service this bad in my life.They actually said they wouldn't do anything for us because I complained in the morning but even in the morning we had to take a shower and get out in the freezing cold! I had a three year old and a 5 year old and I had jackets and socks on them! To top it off the fire alarm went off for nearly 30 minutes at 8 in the morning and woke up everyone. The fact that a manager never called me back at all period is even worse. I will never stay at a Best Western again and I truly hope they replace Bianca as she is completely awful! How could someone put a family with small kids in a horrible room like that and then treat us so badly? WOW JUST WOW is all I have to say. STAY HERE AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Valerie K
I am sorry you have this opinion of us. After talking to the front desk agent I am certain we took all necessary steps to ensure an enjoyable which I wish I could enumerate. I hope the 50% off the night that you were given mitigates your displeasure. Best regards.