“Great Staff, Great Location”

Laguna Brisas Hotel
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Denver, Colorado
“Great Staff, Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

My stay was comfortable and just a few minutes walk to the beach. The ocean views on the upper patio were amazing. The staff was very helpful. Art galleries were close by and transportation was convenient as the hotel is located close to the Laguna Shuttle stop. I look forward to future visits.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
We appreciate your words regarding the staff. They will be delighted that their efforts were noticed. We will continue to upgrade our property to meet our guest's expectations. Please visit us again soon. Travel safe.

generalmanager@lagunabrisas.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed at Best Western PLUS Laguna Beach for an overnight stay and had a lovely time! The reception staff were very friendly and polite. The room was perfect for 2 people and we really enjoyed the spa tub in the room. Overall, would stay here again!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank veronica c
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your words with the staff as motivation so they can continue to ensure a pleasant stay for all our guests. Best regards and come back soon.

Riverside, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wonderful hotel with modern amenities and upgrades. Had a balcony with a view of the ocean, comfortable bed, nice big counter in the bathroom, big TV, underground free parking, in room jacuzzi! The breakfast was spectacular with waffles, eggs, potatoes, sausages, yogurt, fruit and more. Staff was very friendly and helpful :)

1 Thank Chuck C
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
I will share your words with the staff. They will be appreciative that their efforts have been noticed. We will continue to instill a can do attitude and work towards 100% guest satisfaction. We hope to see you again soon. Happy travels.

generalmanager@lagunabrisas
Santa Fe, New Mexico, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised that the feel here was not of your typical stale chain hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. Having breakfast available got us out onto the beach earlier. having CNN blasting all the worlds problems into the breakfast area was not pleasant. I also would have gladly traded the jacuzzi tub for a room safe to keep valuables while on the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Natsmavenus
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We are delighted that we met your expectations. I will commend the staff on their efforts. No, we don't have safes in rooms but we do have some I the back office. We will continue to train our staff to ensure a pleasant stay. Best regards

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed here for two nights for my friend's wedding in Laguna Beach. The bonus was that it was close to the Montage where all the wedding activities took place. That was pretty much the only plus side.

I came early to see if I could drop my bags at the front desk because I had to meet the bride early and didn't want my bags sitting in my car melting all day. I showed up and the man behind the desk said they didn't have a place to store luggage, and that maybe someone could watch it behind the desk…I chose not to take my chances so I lugged it all back into my car.

I finally checked in to a hot room, and quickly found the poorly schemed 'western' motif very odd. There are swinging cowboy doors to the bathroom that don't stay open they just keep swinging shut or get stuck which is very odd. I also came to find a trail of ants and two spiders. I went to the front desk and they moved me to a different room, but sounded like they just wanted to me check out and that my finding spiders was annoying. Thankfully there were a ton of wedding activities and I didn't have to stay at the hotel very long.

Free parking for one car. For the price I paid I could've stayed somewhere way nicer.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jose2244, Owner at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will share your words with staff. We apologize for the lack of hospitality you experienced. We are committed to changing and continue working on our shortcomings. Best regards, we appreciate your comments.
Paso Robles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Booked a room from a block that was set aside for a wedding. The booking experience was easy and accommodating, but the overall experience fell short of our expectations. The room was very small, had to move the desk to access the air conditioner and allow for proper air flow, and the beds were very uncomfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
I agree Laguna beach could be quite expensieve especially in the summer time. We always try to keep are rights below the competition. We will continue to train our employees and work on our shortcomings. Travel safe.
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

The rooms were fine. The hotel layout very awkward. We checked in early and were very lucky the room was ready. I was told nothing about getting make up on the towels would result in a charge. My daughter checked in with her bridesmaids a little later that day. I was there at check in and they made a big point of saying DO NOT get make up on the linens are there will be a fine. Totally rubbed me the wrong way- either I was not completely informed on check in or they were just being rude to the young girls. You get one key per room, two if very lucky- that is a super big pain if you are not always together. Since it is so close to the beach the whole property is locked, so the key is a must. There is a nice free breakfast and pretty ok coffee till 10:30. Right by the summer trolly stop and beach access.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jose2244, Manager at Laguna Brisas Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to work on our shortcomings and strive for 100% guest satisfaction. I will talk to the staff regarding how to properly phrase their words. It is not our intent to be rude just informative. Best regards.