“Vacationing at its Finest” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, California
“Vacationing at its Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My husband I recently stayed at the Inn a few days after our wedding to have a brief getaway after the craziness of the wedding wore off in early August 2013.

Being business owners ourselves, we notice good customer service when we see it, and the staff at the Inn, particularly Rachel Tejada, the Assistant General Manager, exemplifies first class customer service and treatment. We really appreciated her warm welcome with a genuine smile when we arrived, for getting us tickets to I Do, I Do (a performance playing in town), for booking restaurant reservations for us, and making the best restaurant recommendations for us (We LOVED Nick's and Nirvana Grille!). We felt very at home staying at the Inn and will be sure to stay there again in the future!

In terms of the accommodations, the Inn exceeded our expectations. The room was clean, cozy, and had an amazing view of the ocean. Definitely splurge on the ocean view room if you can. We even left the windows open at night to listen to the waves.

Access to Laguna Beach is just right down the stairs and the hotel is within walking distance to some of the greatest restaurants.

Do yourself a favor and book your next stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra cost for an ocean view room.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 28 August 2013
Dear Carrie J

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to the inn at Laguna Beach. I am fortunate everyday to work with Rachel, she is so talented and she does a great job leading her team. She truly cares that each stay is memorable and her laughter is infectious.

It sounds like you were able to truly expereince Laguna Beach and you were able to enjoy the local hotspots. We are lucky to have the Laguna Playhouse within walking distance, each year the performances get better and better.

The next time you and your husband need a place to go to unwind and relax we hope to see you back at the Inn. Please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Congratulations on your Wedding
Peggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

I had stayed this weekend for a friend's wedding in laguna and the expereince was exactly what I want from all my hotel stays, friendly people who value that I spent my dollar wtih them, efficient service, great location, knowledgeable staff, clean, and in a great location.
You are also right next to a great restaurant, Las Brisas.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Marisa5

Thank you for your kind review regarding your last stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on so many things that matter to us. First and foremost we appreciate all of our guest as we know there are many choices to stay in Laguna Beach so we value your patronage. Everyday I am lucky enough to come to work surrounded by a great group of people who put the guest experience first. Thank you for pointing out the staff.

The next time you visit Laguna Beach please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We have been staying at The Inn At Laguna Beach for the past 8 years. Every year we look forward to our stay. The staff takes excellent care of you and they REALLY care about their clients. They take the extra step to ensure that your stay is the best it possibly can be. We always stay in an ocean front room with balcony and it's so worth it. The hotel has recently been completely renovated and it's better than ever! We continue looking forward to our next years trip there. Thank you all for the outstanding service and caring attitude.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are expensive....but worth every penny.
Dear Sheree F

Thank you for continuing to stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, we certainly appreciate your business as we know you have many choices. I am so happy to read your comments regarding our staff as i feel blessed everyday to work with this team. They truly do care about each guest and want to make sure every guest leaves with a wonderful memory of Laguna Beach.

Thank you again we look forward to your visit next year. Please look me up so i can give you a warm welcome back

Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We had a long planned trip to Hawaii cancelled because of Tropical Storm Flossie. At that point, we were half way across the country in LAX. Rather than just fly home, we spent the night trying to find other things to do for our family of four (two almost adult teens and two almost teen adults). We found the Inn, and just decided to go there for three days. Three turned into five which turned into seven. Which turned into a wonderful vacation.

The hotel is not over the top luxurious. But it was right at the proper intersection of luxury and reasonableness. We tend to stay in Preferred Hotels, and think that this hotel would fit in nicely with that brand.

Small hotel, with a bit of an unusual lay out. Open air affair, with most rooms opening onto a hallway which in turn opened out onto the ocean or the highway. We rented two rooms - one by the pool for the kids, and one with an ocean view for us. I would stay away from the highway views.

Rooms were furnished nicely, and were serviced well. Roof top deck, with its bar, was a wonderful addition. Front door staff were tremendous. Front desk staff were less so - They whiffed on a couple of our requests, and really did nothing to acknowledge the fact that we stayed for a week. I would not go here if you are looking to be pampered by staff.

Location was outstanding. Right on the beach, but set up and away. Very close to town. Very close to CA State Parks, for runs through the hills. Pool was nice, and generally not that crowded. I would definitely go to the Inn if you are looking for a good location near a good town, and feel comfortable taking care of yourself logistically.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Glightbody
Dear Glightbody

I am sorry that your trip to Hawaii had to be cancelled but I am happy to see that you made the most of it. We could not agree with you more about our location we love that we are nestled next to Main Beach and within walking distance to the Village, Festivals, and the Tide Pools.

I am happy to see that our Guest Service Staff took very good care of you and I am sorry that our Front Desk staff did not do a better job. We want everyone to leave with positive memories not only of Laguna but also the Inn. We will take your comments to heart and make the necessary adjustments to ensure that every guest feels like we have taken care of them. I do hope you and your family will return to the Inn so you can experience the cahnges we made based on your review.

Please look me up the next time you visit as I would love to give you and your family a warm welcome back.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Every summer, my friends and I stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach for our annual trip to the Pageant of the Masters. The location of the Inn is the best~right on the beach. The customer service is excellent~friendly, professional. All areas of the Inn are always perfectly maintained. We spend a little extra for a pool-side room, and twice have been upgraded to an ocean view room. The rates are higher in the summer, as all the hotels in Laguna, so, if you want to save money, go off season. The rooms are not huge, but, plenty of space for three women, always clean, the sheets/pillows are soft (extra pillows on the beds), the mattresses have always been most comfortable. The bathrooms are spacious, and we always have a tub. I read "Gouged" review, who wrote that they didn't have a tub~we've stayed at the Inn numerous times, including once in a street side room, and have always had a combination shower/tub.
On two occasions, we waited too long to book at the Inn, and stayed elsewhere in Laguna. Never again! For a summer night in Laguna, it doesn't get better than the Inn.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the best for access to the pool and the hot tub. We enjoy sitting on the pat...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Viaggiante118

Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We like our location as not only are we atop the bluff at Main Beach but you can also walk to the Pageant of the Masters. Our team works hard to make sure every guest leaves with a positive memory they really do care about your stay.

I am very happy that you and your friends choose to stay with us and that you have found the room types that best fit your needs. Being a return guest you know that our room types do differ slightly but we do our best to accomodate each guest and I am so happy that we have found the right accomodations for you and your friends.

On your next visit to Laguna Beach please look me up as I would love to give you a warm welcome back.

La Jolla, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the Inn at Laguna Beach for a one night, during a rare opportunity to travel without our kids. We were looking for a relaxing, peaceful and luxurious stay. What we got was a basic, well-located 3 star hotel at an exorbitant, opportunistic price. This review is strongly colored by the price we paid: A total of $629 for a single night plus parking and taxes, totally approximately $730.

For that kind of money, we expect attentive service, an exquisite room and little touches that show we are valued as guests. For that kind of money, we should not be charged for parking. For that kind of money, there should be at least continental breakfast included. For that kind of money, there should be a bathtub in our room and someone should turn down the bed at night. There wasn't. For that kind of money, the sheets should be soft and the pillow fluffy. For that kind of money, the rooms should be quiet with no sounds of a highway nearby. They weren't.

So here's the bottom line: If it's truly important for you to be in the heart of Laguna Beach and you don't mind paying 5 star prices for a 3 star hotel during the summer, this is your place. The room is basic but well-located, facing the water. The property is near the beaches and restaurants and a moderate walk to the Festival of the Arts. The staff is kind, though not proactively so.

If the room had been 1/3 the price, this review would be glowing, but we felt gouged and will never visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for as far away from the road as possible.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank LaJollaJoe
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear LaJollaJoe

Thank you for your review we appreciate all comments and we take them very seriously. I have raeched out to you direct as I would like to continue the converstaion off-line.

Please know our number one goal is to make sure our guest feel valued and important and clearly in your case we fell short and for this I am very sorry.

Thank you again for your comments, I do hope to hear from you
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I contacted the Inn at Laguna Beach to reserve a room for my son as a gift for his anniversary. I had requested a particular type of room (queen bed, ocean front with balcony on an upper floor on the North side of the hotel). Rather than be unhappy with my specific requests for a room, instead I received multiple phone calls from Rachel, the manager, to ensure that I was happy with the room selection. My son & his girlfriend had a fabulous time, and sent me photos of the panoramic ocean view from their balcony. The management gave them a bottle of champagne to celebrate their anniversary, a wonderful surprise. They raved about their room, and I can attest to the highly considerate and personalized treatment we received from the management at the Inn at Laguna Beach, the likes of which would NEVER happen in another hotel. I highly recommend this hotel for the ultimate southern California coastline experience!

Room Tip: Select a room on the 4th or 5th floor, ocean front with full balcony.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louann28
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear Louann28

Thank you for your kind review. We are honored when a guest chooses to celebrate a special occassion with us and it is our goal to make it memorable. You gave your son and his gilrfirend a very thoughful gift they are lucky to have you and we were here to make sure they enjoyed the gift as much as you enjoyed giving it.

I am blessed everyday to be surrounded by a great team who truly cares about each guest experience. We hope to see your family return to the Inn at Laguna Beach, if so please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach Welcome.