“Excellent hotel but......”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Genval, Belgium
“Excellent hotel but......”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Inn to end our roadtrip across California.
We were very lucky to get an room with a wonderfull ocean view,without balcony but very clean and comfortable.The location of the room can really make the difference because those one with city view or at the swimming pool level have in fact no pleasant view at all.
Very good location for the beach,restaurants and shops(at a short walking distance).
Noisy surroundings during the day due to works next to the hotel(scheduled until early 2014).
Parking too expensive(29$/day!!)
Please note that food is only available via room service.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view(except those on the 3rd floor)
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stephane M
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Stephane M

Thank you for your review after staying 5 nights at the Inn at Laguna Beach, we appreciate both your business and your comments. I love that you pointed out our location as we believe we have one of the better locations in Laguna Beach, steps from the Pacific Ocean and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna.

The City is building a new Lifeguard Headquarters and when it is all said and done we will not only have state of the art facility adjacent to the Hotel but we will also have a beautiful multi-million dollar park. Day to day the work load changes just like it would on any construction site and some days if we did not see the site we certainly would not know the work was occurring but like you we are looking forward to the finish sometime in early 2014.

We are lucky enough to be partnered with Las Brisas the restaurant next door to the hotel which is why we are able to offer Room Service. During operating hours of the Terrace bar, guests are also able to order food to be delivered to there table while enjoying the view of Main Beach and the Pacific Ocean.

Thank you so much for your comments, I certainly hope you will return to the Inn at Laguna Beach and you will look me up on your next visit.

Peggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Madrid
Reviewed 21 September 2013

A charming inn on the Laguna Cliffs where local celebrities come to enjoy premier hospitality. Brendan greeted me as if I was dressed for a gala ( even though I had been traveling for 18 hours. He got me settled and called one of the Organic restaurants and requested his guest receive red carpet treatment. Signed up for a yoga class by their pool which sits on the cliff next to the beach with towering palm trees. Access from the lobby and pool to the Laguna Cliff walk which enlightens my soul. I come in to shower and Demi has supplied aromatherapy Mint/thyme shampoo, Lemongrass body wash. Their hospitality was so remarkable I decided to return and stay again. Anette offer me an upgrade without asking and Alfonso brought me an elegant glass of candy as a courtesy. I know their names because they make you feel like your family. Comfortable, protected and genuine.( and their guest in his Yellow Ferrari( i wont name for privacy) so helpful. I am hesitant to give my secret away but an experience so wonderful should be shared. Walk to all restaurants, shops, the Laguna Art Museum (next door) or along the cliff and enjoy the ocean view:)) oh and a gourmet mini bar, soft cotton bathrobes, and plush 500 thread count cottons duvets to lay under while you listen to the ocean waves. Truly Nirvana

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michelle U
Dear Michelle U

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am so pleased to read your comments regarding our staff, they truly care about each guest stay and it certainly showed in the care you received. You also touched on our other key attribute which is our location, steps from the beach and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna Beach.

We truly appreciate you sharing your secret!!! The next time you visit please look me up as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Moscow
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

We were really looking forward to our stay at the Inn, however, the on-going construction nearby made us leave earlier than we planned.

We had a room with ocean view. The sound of waves was so calming when we arrived late in the evening. But early in the morning we woke up from construction noise which lasted well into the evening. Unfortunately, this is a NO PLACE TO STAY until SPRING 2014 when they promise to complete it. Unfortunately, we received NO NOTICE from the staff of these construction works.

What we liked: nice room, Eco style. A balcony where you can listen to waives at night. Clean and comfortable bed. The beach is really nice by California standards.

What we didn't like: rooms are very small; service was not very quick or efficient (eg they didn't unfold the crib (first hotel to fail to do so in 3 weeks of our road trip) and forgot to give us sheets for the crib; breakfast is not offered on site but we didn't receive any helpful recommendations although asked for it). The hotel is located right on the road, not convenient for walking around. The overall value for money is not high, unfortunately.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Oles
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Oles

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, we appreciate all comments both positive and negative as this helps us improve our product and service. I am happy to see by California standards you enjoyed our beaches, Laguna is a Maine Protected Area and we take great pride in our beaches and tide pools. The City is building a new Lifeguard Headquarters and when it is all said and done we will have a beautiful multi-million dollar park and state of the art Lifeguard Headquarters adjacent to the Hotel. As it is a City project we do not know the daily schedule so we do not know the direct impact, there have been weeks when it was no impact to the hotel. I am also sorry about your Playpen, this is not typical of the high standards we strive to maintain and clearly we fell short, please accept my apologies.

We do have a breakfast offering which can be ordered to your room, the prices vary depending on the items ordered. We have fresh baked pastries brought in daily and we have partnered with Las Brisas to provide hot breakfast burritos or wraps. I am very sorry if this was not explained or you missed the information provided in the room.

Like most beachfront properties in Laguna Beach we are between the Pacific Ocean and Pacific Coast Highway. On the Ocean side of the hotel we have Heisler Park which is the most walked attraction in Laguna Beach and we are only a few blocks from the Village of Laguna giving our hotel one of the top walking scores in Laguna, so I am sorry you felt like you could not walk around.

Please accept my sincerest apologies as it sounds like we fell short of your expectations, we strive to ensure every guest has a positive memory when leaving Laguna.

I am sorry
Bristol, England
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed here in September 2013 to attend a wedding at Laguna Beach - it was ideally placed for this. The staff were friendly and helpful and they offered free coffee and cookies at certain times of the day. Pool and jacuzzi were clean and nice to relax by/in. The room (village side) was quite small and couldnt believe the high cost of parking a car in their car park - thankfully we only needed 2 nights parking ($58). It was next to a beautiful beach and Laguna Beach is a lovely location to visit.

Room Tip: The one we had on the ground floor (village side) was very small.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hoodycat
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear Hoodycat

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We appreciate all comments positive and negative as this will only help us improve our product and services. I am very happy that you pointed out the friendliness of our staff as they truly care about each guest experience and they want everyone to leave with positive memories.

I understand your frustration with the cost of parking and I am sure there is not much I can say that will change your thoughts. I would recommend in the future not renting a car as our location is within walking distance of so many great restaurants and the Village of Laguna.

I do hope you will return to Laguna and the Inn at Laguna Beach, please do not let parking be a deterrent

Peggy.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was my second stay at the Inn. John Lee is wonderful...very helpful and professional. The Inn is located perfectly for walking to restaurants. Stayed in a Pacific Room facing the ocean. Open the sliding glass doors at night and the sound of the ocean was so relaxing. Beautiful view of the beach and ocean. $29 a day parking fee is a little much but there is ample parking in 3 separate areas and is it easy getting in and out of the garage. rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff does everything to make your stay enjoyable. Will be traveling to Laguna beach frequently in the future and plan to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cali2013_13
Dear Cali2013_13

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I could not agree with you more John Lee is wonderful, I am lucky to work with him on a daily basis. You also mentioned our location which is another great attribute as we are within walking distance to the Village of Laguna and over 40 restaurants but also we are steps away from the beach.

Please look me up the next time you are visiting the Inn at Laguna Beach as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Upland, CA
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This place is awesome, right in the middle of town. They have a pool and a jacuzzi on property. Your room price not only includes a very luxurious, comfy room but also a room service complimentary breakfast. I would say their prices are a little high, but you are right on the beach and the rooms are kept very clean. Bedding is to die for comfortable. Pool level rooms can be a bit noisy. RECOMMENDATION to the Inn: Put a layout of the room numbers on a map so customers can see the location of their room on upper or lower levels. This would be of great assistance to us when making a reservation to get the room that we want.

Room Tip: Pool level rooms are a bit noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy T
Dear Nancy T

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We think we have one of the best locations in town so close to all of the restaurants and shops and just steps from Main Beach.

We do our best to accommodate all guest requests for various reasons we are unable to guarantee actual room numbers. We want every guest to leave happy which is why we pay close attention to guest request.

We hope the next time you want to spend time at the Beach you return to Laguna. We hope to see you soon
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent, close to everything.
We stayed in one of the pacific rooms, located in front of the beach and also had a terrace, just facing to the sea.
You an imagine enjoying the sightseeing, during the day or even at night.
The reflection of the moon on the sea was simply unforgettable...
You can walk to the main attractions of the city, easily,
the view is fantastic, be sure to stay just in front of the beach.
The negative point is, since we were 3 persons in the room (I share the room with my parents), the 3rd bed, that is sofa-bed, has a terrible mattress, not compatible with the price the hotel charged us (500 hundred dollars). It was a very negative point, for the hotel.
They should know that one of the first things a hotel should care is the comfort of their guests.
All other stuffs are fine, and the staffs were very friendly...

Room Tip: all the rooms that are located in front of the sea are great. since we stayed during week days, the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Tigerlin

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You certainly touched on the positive aspect regarding our location as we are steps from Main Beach and only a few blocks from the Village of Laguna.

In 2012 we completed a multi-million dollar renovation as we do care about the comfort of our guest. I am sorry that the pull out sofa bed was not to your liking all of the furniture and mattresses were replaced in the renovation as we tried to ensure guest comfort. I am truly sorry that you felt like guest comfort was not a priority.

We can only improve our product and services with guest input so I certainly appreciate your comments.