“Wish me could have stayed longer.”

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

2 couples traveling the CA coast, stopped for a one night stay. From the moment we walked into the Inn it just had a nice vibe about the place. Our room was perfect, overlooked the ocean with a patio, bed was so comfy, nice sitting area outside of the bathroom to get ready, and I can't even say enough about the walk that we took on the coastline in the morning, each turn we couldn't help but say, wow, wow. It was like walking in a postcard. I cannot wait to return to Laguna Beach and the Inn, we all really enjoyed our stay, oh and nice heated pool and hot tub too.

Room Tip: Ocean side for sure.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Jillydonut1

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We hope you return soon so we can share with you more wonders of Laguna Beach. Our coastline is 7 1/2 miles and much of it is a marine protected area, each one of our coves offers something new to the visitor.

We renovated our rooms a little over a year ago so we are happy that you thought your room was perfect. We want to make sure every guest has a great stay and leaves with positive memories.

When you return to the Inn please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back!!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We held our daughter's rehearsal dinner and wedding weekend with family and friends at the Inn at Laguna Beach. The rooms are all tastefully furnished with balconies overlooking the Pacific Ocean and the views were stunning, especially at sunset. The hotel is situated right next to Main Beach and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean waves was a new experience. Our evening event was on the Pacific Patio, which was spectacular at sunset. We also used the Laguna Room for the daytime events. I would highly recommend the Inn at Laguna Beach for any event. The hotel is elegant, the service is excellent, the rates are reasonable and the location is fabulous!

Room Tip: Most rooms have ocean views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cherille B

Dear 880Cher2013

Thank you for having your daughters rehearsal dinner at the Inn at Laguna Beach and thank you for your comments regarding the event and your stay. I could not agree with you more that we have our location is fabulous. I also appreciate you pointing out the service as we do our best to make sure every guest departs with a positive memory.

We renovated the hotel about a year ago all of the guest rooms, the Pacific Terrace and the pool, so I am happy that you liked how we finished the rooms.

Thank you again for your kind comments we hope you return to the Inn soon for a little rest and relaxation.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is the first time I have ever written an online review, but I had various meetings with the event coordinator Gary, and I was so impressed with him (his creative ideas, knowledge, flexibility, and professionalism) and his helpful staff who really went ABOVE AND BEYOND, that I was couldn't resist making a few comments online.

I live on the East Coast and I hosted my wedding rehearsal dinner at the Inn at Laguna. We had many of our guests staying at the hotel and our event went off without a hitch because the venue and staff were absolutely incredible. Gary was quick to respond, easy to get a hold off, and helped my family and friends (who can be quite demanding) figure out every detail. For example, when my fiance shipped his tux to the hotel, Gary made sure to track it down and put it in his office and contacted us right away; when we wanted to buy a few items for the event that were out of our budget, Gary did a bunch of research online (definitely not in his job description) to provide us with cheaper alternatives.

All-in-all the hotel was BEAUTIFUL, right on the ocean with a gorgeous view, and we were treated fantastic. I even overheard a few of my east coast relatives saying they also wanted to plan their next big event at the Inn at Laguna :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Glenda B
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Glenda B

Thank you for your comments and I am so happy that we have the honor of being your first on-line review. We are very lucky to have Gary on our staff and I could not agree with your comments more. Gary really wants to make sure that everyone who attends an event departs with a positive memory. He enjoys seeing people happy and he works with the rest of the staff to deliver.

We hope that not only will your East Coast relatives return but we hope you will as well. When you do please let us know so we can give you a warm welcome back.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every time I drive past this Inn I say "I'd love to own that place!" The Inn at Laguna Beach has to have the absolute best location in all of Laguna! Right on the sand and close enough to walk to all the great restaurants and shops! It's even within walking distance to the Pageant of the Masters!

I planned a 2 night getaway with my daughter right before her return to college. Originally I'd planned to book a room in Newport, then I saw the Inn on Jetsetter and immediately booked here instead. We stayed on a Sunday and Monday and I had booked a village view room. At check-in I was pleasantly surprised when the front desk moved us to an ocean view! Our room was very clean, recently renovated and had a lovely balcony with an amazing ocean view! Listening to the waves crashing while falling asleep was a luxury! Great location to watch people on the beach too! All of the employees we encountered were very pleasant and friendly.

I can certainly see how many reviewers can remark about the Inn being expensive, especially if staying in the busy season, location location location! However, I was lucky enough to get a great deal on Jetsetter. We had a great Mother-Daughter stay and I can't wait to return soon with my husband. We will definitely stay here next summer when we make our yearly visit to see the Pageant of the Masters.

Room Tip: The end rooms on the south side of the property are next to some construction that the city has been...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisatini1013

Dear Lisatini 1013

Thank you for your comments regarding your mother daughter stay. I am so happy the two of you were able to spend the time together and enjoy Laguna Beach. We could not agree with you more we think we have the best location in town because as you said we are steps from Main Beach and a couple of blocks from the Village of Laguna. Thank you also for mentioning the staff, every day I feel fortunate to work with a great team. They really want to make sure that each stay is memorable.

I am very happy you will return with your husband this Summer to attend the Pageant. Please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Inn at Laguna Beach welcome back. We really appreciate your business.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed at the Inn in mid October. What a wonderful place. I had a room on the fourth floor with a small, but sufficient, balcony, overlooking the Laguna Beach. Unlike many of the other hotels, there is no noisy PCH between you and the beach, so one can spend, as I did, many a morning lazing in bed, with the doors (with plantation shutters) open, watching and listening to the surf. An wine reception each night only betters the overall experience. Great service, friendly and helpful staff. Parking, however, is $29 a night, but this is CA.

Room Tip: I recommend the 400s.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Skinnspirit

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We certainly appreciate all comments as it helps us improve our product and service. Thank you for pointing out the friendliness of our staff they certainly try to make sure all guest leave with positive memories. I am so happy you were able to enjoy in our wine hour as well as take advantage of the lazy mornings listening to the surf.

Based on our location we like to say that guest do not need a car, as once they park it they do not have to move it. We are 70 steps to the beach and within two blocks of the Village which has many great restaurants and galleries.

Thank you so much for your comments, we hope you return soon, please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

When we arrived at the inn we were pleasently surprised at the location and cleanliness of the hotel (very californian in style).
As we had arrived quite late in the evening the staff were very helfull.
We had been put in room 417 wich overlooked the main road outside the hotel (village view)
We request to be moved to a sea view but were told that they were full at the time , however a very nice young lady offered to move us to a pool/ sea view a couple of days later wich was very nice of them as we were celebrating our ten years of marrige.
Overall the hotel was very clean the rooms were very well laid out inc bath robes coffee making facilitys and daily papers, there was also coffee in the hotel reception every morning and
wine tasting on the balcony between 5 and 6 pm every evening.
On the down side the hotel should offer if only a continental breakfast , a small bar upstairs would be a benefit to guests.
We were unaware at time of booking that there would be a parking charge of $29.00 a night wich does mount up if staying for 4days or more , coming from europe we found this to be very iritating as it added an extra £100 pounds to our bill especially as most hotels back home give free parking when staying.
As there is no alternative parking in the area there are no other choices to park
Overall the town of Laguna beach is very clean and trendy and.not to far away from LA and Santa Monica , the local people are very friendly and helpfull we would definently return and recomend the hotel and area of Laguna Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for pool or sea view , village view is a road view and can be noisey
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert P

Dear 142niceman

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach and your visit to our town. I would like to congratulate you on 10 years of marriage, happy belated anniversary.
I am very happy to see that the staff was able to accommodate your needs as it is our hope that everyone departs with positive memories. You pointed out some of the features we have at the hotel, although we do not have a restaurant we have partnered with Las Brisas next door and they are able to offer Room Service, which is available for our guest for breakfast. We renovated our rooms last year and added some of the touches like wine hour, upgraded robes, and coffee so I am glad you were able to enjoy.

Residents of Laguna Beach could not agree with you more regarding our location, we certainly think we are centrally located and we enjoy the Laguna Beach lifestyle so I am happy you were able to experience it.

Please do not stay away for 10 years we would like you to return sooner.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed at the Inn for a week on our honeymoon after 3 days in West Hollywood. Very disappointed with the room which was a standard room and overlooked the car park. We did know that we wouldn't have a sea view but because of the walkway past our door and window we couldn't open the window and we had to keep the blinds closed all the time. The room itself was lovely albeit a little small. Staff OK not overly welcoming. Great to have complimentary wine in the evening on the roof though.

Would recommend for a one or two night stay but I think there are better places to stay for the money spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sunseeker290657
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Sunseeker290657

Congratulations on your wedding and happy belated honeymoon!!! Like many of the ocean front hotels in Laguna Beach we are between Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean. I am sorry that you were not happy with your room as we try to do everything we can to make sure guest are comfortable. I am happy that you enjoyed our wine hour on the Terrace and the location of the hotel.

I do hope you return to Laguna Beach and in particular to the Inn at Laguna Beach. If I can help you with a reservation in the future please let me know.