“A Little Piece of Heavan”

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“A Little Piece of Heavan”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

There are no words to describe how amazing this hotel is. I had made last minute reservations and there was only one room left with King bed/village view. I was traveling with both of my children so a king was a bit cramped. Upon arrival, the front desk lady was able to upgrade us to room with two queens and opened up to the pool. We were very impressed!

The room was very clean and cozy. It had all the plenty of snacks and drinks, including Starbucks coffee. The beds were very comfortable, as well.

The hotel offers wine tasting at 5pm, which I took advantage of. The wine was delicious and the company was good. They also served fresh Starbucks coffee every morning.

The location is perfect with amazing views. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The only downside to the entire stay was having to leave.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Monica C
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Monica

We hope you and your boys return to our "little piece of Heaven", especially since you did not want to leave. Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am grateful everyday to work with a team that truly cares about the guest experience, they really want to make sure every guest leaves with positive memories of there stay in Laguna Beach.

You touched on a couple of our amenities, coffee in the morning and wine hour in the evenings, we also offer cookies and milk, beach chairs, and much more. I am happy you enjoyed the wine hour it is a good time for our guest to interact with each other and a member of the management team.

Thank you again, please return and the next time you do please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Peggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I decided that my wife and I had to get away after Xmas, but were worried that nothing would be available with so little notice. I found the Inn At Laguna Beach on Google and liked the location. I called them and was surprised to find that they had a number of rooms for various prices. The agent, a delightful young lady named Heather, helped me select a room that satisfied my requirements.

When I arrived, the staff was excellent. The property was beautiful, right on the ocean. Our room had an ocean view so we spent most of our time sitting on our balcony and walking on the beach. I had one of the best night's sleep I've had in a while.

For breakfast, we took a short walk up the beach to C'est La Vie, one of our favorite restaurants in the area.

All in all, the stay was too short but we were completely satisfied. We will be back next month.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Steven K
Dear Steven K

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I enjoy coming to work each and spending my time with a great team. We could not agree more regarding Heather, she has done such a great job for us that we just promoted her and we believe she will help the Hotel continue to improve. As it is our goal to consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.

The next time you and your wife need time to relax please come back and visit us, we are here to recommend restaurants in the area, in room massage, or give you the best coves to go explore.

Thank you again, we hope to see you soon.
Boston
Reviewed 2 January 2014

One of the best locations in Laguna, easy walk to shops/stores for all ages..A little loud above the pool during the day, though the evening surf sound can't be beat. Outstanding restaurants, excellent California style mexican across the street at Carmelitas and if you like real local seafood, search out Zoolu (a bit of a hike). Best of all, the staff is nice and honest (we accidently left Rose Bowl tickets in the room which were turned in to the front desk and held for us, wow).

Room Tip: Suggest top floor suite or lower level rooms on the east side directly above the strand.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank 123jimBoston
Dear 123jimBoston

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach, you touched on two of our best attributes our staff and our location. I am fortunate every day to come to work and be surrounded by a great team. Nothing makes our team happier then to return missing items to there rightful owner, I do hope you enjoyed the Rose Bowl, it was good game in a great environment.

As for our location, you are correct we are within walking distance of so many great restaurants, galleries, and shopping. The restaurants you choose were a couple of my favorite.

Please come back and visit us again and when you do please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Location location location! Walk everywhere. Feet from the ocean, wonderful ocean views. The staff couldn't be any nicer. Hot tea delivered to the room nightly. Beautiful sunsets on the terrace. The room was a bit small but for more money you can get a bigger room. Perfect relaxing week at the beach! Love love love this place!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hollyh614
Dear Hollyh614

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. You touched on our best attribute our location, we like to say that once you are here there is no need to get back in a car.

Your heading is why we love to live here as we think it is a little slice of Heaven but we love to share. We hope you will come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Love everything about this facility. The grounds, the beach, the generously sized rooms, the nightly hot tea delivered to the room, the cookies and milk in the lobby as well as fresh cucumber ice water, the newspapers, the complimentary beach chairs and towels, the sheets and comfortable beds, the front desk personnel, the door men, the bell desk service, the private parking, the binoculars in the rooms the sunset patio bar and the incredible view from our room and everything else.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room for the ultimate Laguna experience. Choose a city view if on business and...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Judie M
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Judie M

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am happy to see that in every way we exceeded your expectation as this is what we strive for with every guest.

Please look me up the next time you are in Laguna Beach so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Do they simply not care or do they take their location for granted? Oceanfront hotel with views of main beach and Heisler Park! Perfect, right? Not so fast... Older hotel with a surface remodel missing some key points yet priced as a high end resort. Older screen doors. lower textured ceilings. Smelly room deodorizer. Uncomfortable bed with a super heavy comforter that made it impossible to even roll over. No restaurant (small limited menu available from Las Brisas next door) no bar, no movies on tv, poor wifi, no valet parking (yet high parking rates). Did they ask me how was my stay going? No. Did they know it wasn't a perfect stay? Well, yes, there were signs. Like the Engineer called up to our room to fix our tv. He couldn't get wifi either even though there was a router outside our door. I called the front desk to ask about the room deodorizer and he say that the next morning the cleaning crew would not spray my room. Guess they forgot and it was stinky again the next day. You know, we had a great time but the door did hit me on the way out as there was no door man on duty at the moment. The owner/manager should stay at a 5 star resort and then come back and make some serious changes. They have a diamond. I just don't know why they they would settle for such mediocracy. It sure isn't how I would run the hotel if owned it! I sure would have asked how things are going before being surprised by a review like mine. I would have told them...had they bothered to ask...

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank artladyla
Dear Artladyla

I am so sorry to read your review regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. Although you do not feel like we care we truly do care, we learn from all comments both positive and negative, and we will do our best to improve. Some improvements we made in 2013 included an upgrade to our WiFi system and our HD programming, Our WiFi provider was experiencing technical difficulty during part of your stay and for this I am truly sorry. We did implement the Las Brisas menu this year as we do not have a restaurant but we are within walking distance of over 40 restaurants in town.

In 2014 we have plans to eliminate the heavy duvet, upgrade our linens, and replace our screen doors along with other mechanical upgrades. I know this will not change your stay but hopefully our changes will impact future stays.

We truly do care about your stay and I am sorry that it was less then perfect, we appreciate your business and we hope you will give us another chance.

Please let me know the next time you plan on visiting Laguna Beach.

Jamestown, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Inn at Laguna. "Wow" is the best way to sum it up. The Inn is in a perfect location to enjoy the beach and stroll downtown. We stayed in "ocean view" rooms which were worth their weight in gold! Why spend the money to stay in Laguna without a view of the ocean or the gorgeous sunsets! So close to the beach that we fell asleep listening to the waves break the shoreline without even opening our balcony doors! Impeccably clean rooms and all employees were extremely courteous and helpful. Fresh free Starbucks coffee in the lobby every morning and cookies and milk in the lobby by night. We will return to Laguna Beach again some day and there is no doubt, we will stay at the Inn at Laguna.

Room Tip: We were there in December and could see the sunset from our Rooms 508 and 509.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori B
Dear Lori B

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. It was so nice of you to touch on our best two attributes our staff and our location. I am very fortunate to work with a great group team of people who truly care about every guest experience. We like our location because it is an easy stroll into the Village or great place to sit on your balcony and take in the sights and sounds of the Pacific Ocean.

On your next visit please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back!!!