“best location in all of laguna”

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

where do I begin...? this hotel is special. I am from laguna beach and have been broken hearted to return home to see all of my favorite hotels and restaurants turned into generic, soulless carbon copies. I was so relieved and hopeful to see the Inn at Laguna has been updated so beautifully while still keeping its Laguna charm. My hat is off to the manager Peggy Trott, for keeping the integrity of the Inn at Laguna alive! The service at the Inn at Laguna was five star yet without the 5 star price tag. The folks at the front desk were very friendly and incredibly attentive. Sleepytime tea delivered to our room just as the sun goes down every night really hit the spot. I never expect delicious croissants at a hotel however, these were somehow the best I have ever had! The sheets were white and crisp and the bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on in a hotel. That reminds me, we were going to ask where they get their beds so we can get one at home. Walkability is a huge factor in elevating my quality of life. Waking up to breathtaking views and walking to the beach, park, movie theatre, shops, zinc café, pool and Jacuzzi and then having dinner at a wonderful Japanese fusion restaurant across the street (try black sesame ice cream) was just paradise for us. This is the best hotel in Laguna Beach!!

Room Tip: corner suite was large and sunny
1  Thank Miranda S
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Miranda S

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. I am blessed to be surrounded by a great group of people who truly care about each guest stay and as I always tell them they are the soul of our property. We have great partners and I have to agree our croissants and pastries are pretty good, we work with a local baker who delivers fresh daily.

We believe we have one of the best locations in Laguna, I am happy you agree. As we are steps from the Pacific Ocean and a couple of blocks to the Village of Laguna.

We hope to see you in the future so we can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

My husband and I have been coming to the Inn at least once a year for about 20 years. We always get a king/ full balcony/ ocean view room and rarely leave. It is the most relaxing and rejuvenating weekend we spend all year. I have stayed at less impressive hotels in the area but this is the absolute perfect property. On the north end of Main Beach, it over looks a well used walking path along the beach and through Heisler Park. If you like people and dog watching, this is the place. If you like to watch for dolphins and sea lions, this is the place! It is also close to restaurants, shops and art galleries in town.
We have been through many ownership changes over the years and this relatively new change has brought some different ideas to the Inn. I am sad to see the free-breakfast-delivered-to-the-room replaced by regular room service. That was a quirky and special perk that set the Inn apart from all others. I am glad to see the teaming up of the Inn and Las Brisas to provide meal service all day and evening. It gives us even less reason to leave our mesmerizing view of the ocean!

Room Tip: Ocean view, full balcony!
1  Thank Stacie4

Dear Stacie4

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We truly appreciate your business and your loyalty. We believe everyone needs to ds-stress and relax a little so we are happy to accommodate your needs, As you have seen many changes have been made over the years we are sorry you do not like all of them but hopefully you like most of them.

Thank you again for staying with us, on your next visit please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

To say that this hotel has awesome views is an understatement. You are literally right on top of the ocean. We could see the waves crashing in from our bed. It was beautiful. Further, the hotel is conveniently located steps away from countless shops, restaurants and art galleries. Truly the perfect location. I was also impressed by their complimentary happy hour which occurred daily at 5:00pm, as well as the complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint would be the noise. There is not very good sound-proofing so we frequently heard loud banging from people upstairs as well as other guests talking and laughing in the hallway. This made my fiancé and I self-conscious about making too much noise in our room. That issue aside, I would highly recommend this hotel and highly recommend a room with an ocean view.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to get a room with the ocean view. It is definitely worth it. Also request top floor...
2  Thank CriticalBrent

Dear Critical Brent

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We take all comments seriously both positive and negative as we believe we will earn form all. I was sorry to see that the noise bothered you and I wish I could assure you it will not be a factor in the future but I cannot, as we do not have plans for a building renovation. When we renovated we did what we could to mitigate noise but we were unable to completely eliminate it. (sorry)

As for the positive, we think our location is second to none so I am so happy you agree. Not only, do we offer wine and coffee, but we also have complimentary cookies in the evening, Beach Chairs and Umbrellas and WiFi.

Thank you so much for staying with us I do hope you return in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was our second stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We stayed there for 18 days this year after staying there for just over a week in 2013. We loved our room with a king bed and balcony overlooking the beach and the ocean. The rooms are freshly remodeled, efficiently appointed, and technologically adept. The staff is exceptional and go out of their way to ensure a wonderful stay. The location is outstanding as it is walking distance to Main Beach, the shops and restaurants in the downtown area and conveniently located on PCH for a quick drive up to Newport Beach or Balboa Island or south to Laguna Niguel. I can assure you, we will be back next year. And maybe the best attribute is how immaculate they keep the grounds and how accommodating housekeeping is to your needs. Starbucks is offered in the morning, wine at sunset, and tea and cookies to tuck you in at night.

Room Tip: An ocean king room with a balcony is ideal.

Dear barryzoob2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. You commented on our best attributes our staff and our location. Staying 18 days you really get to experience of being a local, we like that we are close to everything!!!

Thank you so much for your comments, we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We had the most amazing time staying here. We booked a last minute staycation in the area (we're locals) and it turned out to be a rainy, cold weekend. Walking into the hotel lobby we were greeted with wine, smiles and a room upgrade. While enjoying the rainy ocean view, we had a knock at our door to champagne provided to us from the staff. Warm chocolate cookies followed the evening wine. It was walking distance to downtown Laguna restaurants, shops, etc. The staff was amazing, the views were great and we plan to most definitely return!

Dear smcdani91

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the Inn at Laguna Beach. We love that locals want to stay as we believe you can really get away without having to get away.

I am blessed every day to work with such a great group of people, they care about each guest experience and they want everyone to leave with a positive memory.

I am happy you will return, please look me up so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I 110% recommend a stay at the Inn at Laguna. We had a gorgeous balcony ocean view room with a view of the city and the ocean. The hotel staff were amazing- SO friendly and outgoing & really made our occasion special. We had travelled out to CA for our "babymoon" and upon our arrival we were greeted with a tray of cookies, a personal card and even a baby gift! I couldn't believe how much the staff went out of their way to make our event special for us. The hotel was within walking distance to downtown- VERY easy to get everywhere we wanted to go & just steps away from the sandy beach. The staff had great recommendations on restaurants in the downtown area & my husband loved the wine reception each night we were there! Get ready for gorgeous views & amazing service... I want to go back!

Room Tip: Ocean view balcony room--- SO worth it!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily V

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent visit. We are looking forward to meeting your baby, maybe you will want to celebrate a first birthday!!!

I am very fortunate to work with such a great staff they care about every guest experience and clearly this showed during your stay.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 27 February 2014

The location was easy to find, got there early and they let us check in. We stayed on the 'village' side, it was ok, didn't need the beach side. Very close to the beach, go out of the lobby down the stairs and it was right there. Loved that, the rooms were clean, not huge but who needs huge when you have the ocean outside the door. The room was modern, the staff was pleasant, they had a wine tasting in the evening, coffee/tea bar in the morning, close to shops and restaurants, It was a stress free trip. They even switched out the room due to a minor booking error.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Tataone69

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Inn at Laguna Beach. We are happy to accommodate an early arrival whenever possible so I am very pleased that we were able to accommodate you. You commented on a few of our greatest attributes our staff and our location. Our staff truly does care about each guest experience so I am happy they made an impression for your one night stay, hopefully next time you can stay longer. Not only do we offer, wine and coffee and tea, but we also offer milk and cookies, WiFi, and Beach chairs and towels.

Thank you again for your comments, please look me up on your next visit as I would love to give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.