“A wonderful family week-end”

The Inn At Laguna Beach
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
PuertoBVallarta
“A wonderful family week-end”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Words can not tell you how pleased we were with Inn at Laguna Beach!!!! Having a 9 and almost 5 year old grandchild with us---we had no worries. The pool was so warm--temp was perfect ----the pool service was done with a smile. The help went next door and brought us lunch!!! The rooms were good size especially the room 306--windows on 2 sides with a view that was more than awesome---cookies in the afternoon for the children--wine in the early evening and forgot coffee in the lobby in the morning--we can't wait to return---would suggest for families as well as couples. Thanks for a fantastic week-end!!!

Room Tip: any 06---room is a corner room with windows on two sides--
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank elinor66
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Elinor66

Thank you for your comments after spending the weekend at The Inn at Laguna Beach. I am happy to read that you and your family had a great stay. Not only do we have the amenities you touched on coffee, cookies, and wine; but we also have a beach valet with beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels.

We can't wait for you to return, please look me up on your next visit so I can give you a warm Laguna Beach welcome back.

Peggy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I planned an overnight getaway in early June and chose this hotel. We were SO happy we did! We got there before "check in" time and they were great! We asked for an upgrade and the totally accommodated us and were able to upgrade to an partial ocean view room with a balcony! We asked if we could leave our luggage (since we were early & had a spa appointment at a local spa). They not only stored it, they put into our room (once it was ready) all before we came back to officially check in! They also gave us our parking pass (underground parking!!) before we left. After returning from our spa appointments our room was ready and beautiful!!

Since the beach is literally down some stairs from the hotel we decided to get comfortable and take a walk on the boardwalk and explore! There was a Volleyball competition happening and an arts & crafts fair on the boardwalk! Amazing! The shopping/retail stores were nothing really special and unique (not to mention the high price tags on 99.9% of the items). We found some cute souvenirs for our kids at a (wait for it...) cheesy souvenir shop! Believe it or not hey had the best selection!! I wish there was cute boutique with unique items for families that was not incredibly pricy!

We per-ordered breakfast for the next day and went out for a nice romantic dinner. The next morning was amazing! Waking up to the sound of the ocean and breakfast on the balcony was just what the doctor ordered!! My ONLY disappointment was that the public access staircase to the beach was right outside our (and most of the hotel's) balcony. So everyone who was going up or down the stairs could see us eating breakfast on the balcony in our robes! I'm not a cute site first thing in the morning and I'm sure they didn't want to see that as they exercised! My husband and I were thinking how this could be resolved (short of building a horrible wall that would block the ocean view) and thought maybe thicker brush/shrubbery to give their guests a little more privacy with out destroying the view! Just a suggestion but not a deal breaker!

The entire staff were fantastic! Friendly, accommodating, and attentive. The front desk staff who greeted us upon arriving also checked us out and remembered who we were! She was great!! The hotel as a whole was immaculate, clean and very beautiful! When we have another chance to "getaway" we will definitely come back!

Room Tip: If possible get or ask for an ocean/partial ocean view room! It's worth having the view and a ba...
2 Thank Amber V
Dear Amber V

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. We appreciate all comments as it only helps us improve our products and service. You touched on a couple of our greatest assets our people and our location. Every day on my way to work I realize how lucky i am to work with such a great group of people. Every employee cares about creating positive memories and making sure guest want to return, so I am happy they did not disappoint. As for our location steps to the beach and a couple of blocks to the Village of Laguna, with Heisler Park at our footsteps. We are continuously reviewing or landscaping plan so the next time we meet with our Landscaping Team we will take your comments into consideration.

We do hope the next time you are looking for a staycation you return to Laguna Beach and The Inn. Please look me up so I can give you a warm welcome back.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the perfect little hotel in Laguna, just like Laguna itself - beautiful, charming, and unique! Everyone is very friendly and helpful, and the location is perfect: right in town (tons of great restaurants and shops) and two steps from the beach. Our room was very nice and opened out to the ocean. There is a rooftop and a pool, but we never used it, as the beach is right there! Book ahead though, they always seem to be in demand!

Room Tip: The ocean view is wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Amy W
Peggy T, General Manager at The Inn At Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Amy W

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Inn at Laguna Beach. You certainly touched on two of our best assets our staff and our location. Our staff truly cares about each guest stay and they want to make sure they are creating positive memories, I am truly blessed to work with such a passionate group of people. As for our location we are steps to Main beach and a couple of blocks to the Village of Laguna, which is home to over 40 great restaurants, art galleries, and specialty stores.

I am very happy you enjoyed your visit, hopefully the next time you are visiting the West Coast you will return to California's Gold Coast and The Inn at Laguna Beach.

Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

we had a comfortable room 318- though not ocean view but who needs one when there's a rooftop patio with enough sitting for those unfortunately didn't get an ocean view rm , pricey hotel for families , we did see several families there, but may be their main summer vaca, so they splurged, small pool mainly for cooling off and sunbathing, room for maybe < 20, lounges and tables/chairs with umbrellas [ was never filled while we were there ] & a tiny sunken spa area. - alongside the main beach 'walkway along the coast', with access to hotel via room key,[ had lovely stroll , along the coast line , looking over cliffs and nearby park ] therefore it was easy to get to beach - and hotel provided beach chairs and umbrella/towel with you didn't bring them, with a 'beach boy' manning the landing to stairs to the beach.

elevator on site, but might be difficult for handicapped/W/C persons - would have to go to outside sidewalk and follow that down to beach - there's a wooden pathway along the sand.vs using the stairs directly from the hotel.

we must have had a handicap accessible room with enough railing and a roll-in shower stall wide enough for a W/C, AC loud at night but tolerable if very tired. surprise to find room larger than expected, king bed and a sofa and coffee table , mini fridge where we kept our milk and cookies from afternoon before - nice snack right before check out the next day

best yet - rooftop HH wine bar !!- also available bartender for mix drinks/beer if you didn't like complimentary Chardonnay or pinot . along with crackers snacks. we were first to arrived starting at 5pm but became packed within 30 minutes - shared a couch with couple from Las Vegas and had pleasant conversation with them. - hotel situated on PCH and walking distance to several restaurants for any meals - hotel has a standing room service provided by adjacent restaurant Las Brisas/ Mexican. - where you can order appetizers/food from pool deck or rooftop during HH too. [ we went to roof top post dinner to watch a full moon peak in and out of clouds - romantic & secluded - no one else there, stayed till hotel staff came to put away the cushions...glad to know that they protect the cushion from overnight dew! ]

parking fee $26.00/day seem standard pricing for area but car is safe and out of the hot sun!

Room Tip: if on budget - pick room on 3rd floor if facing PCH for more quietness - if you can splurge poolside...
Green Features: love that hotel is environmental friendly is there decorating and attention to towel washing, and lack of plastic products
2 Thank Roxanne M
Dear Roxanne M

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach we appreciate all comments as it gives us the opportunity to improve our products and service. We are happy to see you enjoyed the Pacific Terrace, we do believe it is one of the best views in Laguna Beach. We enjoy hosting wine hour on the Terrace as it gives each guest a chance to sit enjoy the view and hopefully meet new people.

Thank you again for your comments we hope the next time you are looking for a Staycation you will return to The Inn at Laguna Beach.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the Inn at Laguna Beach for our 5-year anniversary. We could not have been more pleased with the hotel. The staff was incredibly friendly and full of suggestions - from the front desk staff to the beach valet. Our room (no beach view) was cozy, clean, extremely comfortable with so many nice touches. The location on main beach is right on the beautifully landscaped pathway connecting all of the beaches. We loved walking the pathways each morning and evening - right outside our door! The restaurants and shops of downtown Laguna Beach are on the front side of the hotel - making dining and shopping equally easy and enjoyable. The pool is small but lovely and the rooftop patio is the hotel's best feature! We went to the roof 3 times during our stat and never saw anyone else - I can't believe other guests don't ustilize this gem for cocktail hour, coffee Or sunset. My only complaint is that the walls are thin - so we heard a lot of noise any time anyone was in the hallway. However, we easily remedied that with a white noise app - so no big deal. I cannot recommend this quaint inn enough!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Atedmonds

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. Also thank you for spending your fifth anniversary with us we consider it quite an honor. You touched on two of our greatest assets our staff and our location. Our staff truly does care about each guest stay I am lucky to be surrounded by a great group of people and our location steps to Main Beach and a couple of blocks to the Village of Laguna.

We appreciate your comments but more importantly we appreciate your business and we hope then next time you return to California's gold coast you will chose to return to The Inn at Laguna Beach.

London
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Laguna is one of the great beach towns on the California coast. The Inn is a great family place to stay for a few days. Its not exceptional but it does the job.

The staff are friendly, they seem happy and so they should be, its a bit on the expensive side given what it delivers but getting a room is not always easy.

The rooms are well furnished but it's the ocean view that steals the show. My 4 year old woke up every morning and went out on the balcony to listen to the waves and watch the sun rise.

I don't remember there being a restaurant or room service, but I may be mistaken. I do remember that there wasn't room for anything in the fridge which is always a bit annoying.

There are steps from the hotel right down onto the beach and they are very helpful with folding chairs and towels. Parking is hell in Laguna, so its also helpful they have underground parking.

Despite my minor reservations, we have happily re-booked again for a week in August. Like most hotels blessed with more customers than rooms, they might be a bit lazy. Perhaps this is unfair. I will report back after the summer. Watch this space.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Merlin Spitfire

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach and thank you for your future reservation, we truly appreciate your business. As you stated our location to the Beach as well as to the Village of Laguna makes us the perfect fit for many guests.

I certainly hope we do not disappoint on your stay in August, please look me up so I can give you and your family a warm welcome back.

Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We arrived having stayed at a very pleasing hotel in San Francisco and a five star hotel in Monterey and so our expectations may have been a little skewed. A previous writer labels the hotel 'boutique' and I thin he is spot on. You cannot fault the hotels location although different rooms will have different issues. The hotel is clean an attractively laid out. Pool size was not an issue for me as I was the only one in it the one time I used it. Where it is odd is in the room layout. The bathroom is essentially a partitioned area in the corner of the room with the wc and bath, The wash basin is in the main room with pride of place. It's pleasant accommodation but far off high end. There is no restaurant but that doesn't matter as fabulous restaurants are within a stones throw. Parking was no problem for us, we parked in the underground car park at about $30 per day. If I had any issues it was that our room had a view directly over the pool at ground level and so could be noisy, the air conditioning was impossibly loud (there is also a room fan) and that you could hear the waste water running through the wall whenever either upstairs or next door flushed their toilet. Approach with the right attitude and you'll be ok. Expect a high end hotel experience and you are setting yourself up for a fall.

Room Tip: I would avoid 316 if I had the choice as you have no view other than the pool outside your window wh...
2 Thank The_G-Rs
Dear The_G-R's

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to The Inn at Laguna Beach. We appreciate all comments as we learn from all of them. You are correct we are a smaller "boutique" or lifestyle hotel and we do our best to focus on personalized service.

Thank you again for your comments we hope you will visit Laguna Beach on your next visit to Southern California.