“Continues to be Best Value in Laguna Beach”

Holiday Inn Laguna Beach
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn this past weekend again and have to say that it is by far the best value in Laguna Beach. The location is incredible. You can walk to the beach right across the street from the hotel. The parking lot has wide parking spaces to make it easy to park, remove your bags and avoid getting your car banged by other cars. If you forget something, you can walk across the street to the Ralphs grocery store. For mornings the Orange Inn provides a nice place to get a Danish and coffee for your morning walk on the beach. The staff are very helpful and kind. We always enjoy the friendliness of the staff. The hotel offers free popcorn and soft drinks and water for the day. The pool is a very nice size with free towels. We just can't say enough about the place.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if you want to access the parking lot and lobby stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for your wonderful review and for being a loyal guest. Our staff and I are delighted to hear that you continue to have a wonderful experience with each visit. Our staff and I do our very best to ensure that our guests feel right at home and have a wonderful time. Have a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stumbled across this hotel and were so glad we did. It was cute, clean and in a great location (right across the street from the beach and very close to great restaurants)! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Guest,
My staff and I are delighted to hear that you had a great time during your stay with us. The location is convenient and we are happy to hear you got to experience the charm of our little town. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon, thank you.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

We arrived at 9 pm, all the fairy lightings around the courtyard palm trees and iron railings plus the pool lights made the place seem almost like a dream castle wedding venue. Then the next day we woke up. This is a pretty motel, nothing to write home about for the price. Expensive parking, no complimentary breakfast, but thanks for the coffee and popcorn anyway. Noisy rooms and no privacy ( unless you keep your curtains closed ). Great heated pool and friendly staff, ok for a couple of days or a weekend getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us as we always strive to help make the best experiences for our guests. While there is a parking charge we are proud to say that we offer the lowest price for our hotel guests in Laguna. I'm glad you enjoyed the scenery that the hotel has to offer as well as the complimentary refreshments in the lobby. We do hope that you can come back and give us a second chance to help make your next trip even better. Have a wonderful day. Thank you.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a charming property right on the main drag, a short walk to the beach and very conveniently located just a few blocks from the highway leading inland (CA 133, Laguna Canyon Road), connecting to the main north-south routes (CA 73 and I-5), and just a 30-minute drive to Orange County airport. We were looking for a place to accommodate guests for our son’s wedding that took place nearby. The Holiday Inn staff was unfailingly helpful. By booking for our group we received significantly discounted rates over Valentine’s Day weekend. We had family and friends staying anywhere from one to four nights, and over the weeks and days leading up to the event many changes occurred in people’s plans, but the hotel handled everything flawlessly. Everybody felt comfortable in the pleasantly appointed rooms. The weather was nice enough for sitting around the pool during free time, and the ground-floor restaurant was likewise accommodating and friendly. We felt very fortunate to have found this Holiday Inn. It met our needs and those of our friends and relatives in the best possible way. We would be very happy to stay there again on another trip to Southern California and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: First floor rooms open to pool and restaurant. Second floor rooms adjoin lobby (free internet access...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Guest,
We are extremely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us at our hotel. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a review. We are glad that you got to experience Laguna and leave with treasured memories. We hope that you do come back and visit us again soon. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We love that this Holiday Inn is so close to everything. Cleo Street Beach is right across the street. We'd have breakfast most mornings at the Orange Inn and then take our coffee to go and walk down the steps to the beach. The hotel also has complimentary coffee, lemonade, bottled water, and sodas in the lobby area, which was also nice. Easy walk to downtown, i.e., Main Beach, shops, restaurants, etc. and Ralph's grocery store is right across the street. One evening we were quite tired and decided to eat at the restaurant located on the premises. It's called "Mare" and it was actually pretty good. Our room was nice and clean. I did notice dust accumulating in the bathroom vent and dust on the toilet paper holder, but I'm a clean freak so I notice things like that. The thing about choosing a hotel based on the reviews here on Trip Advisor is that everyone has different tastes and expectations; I see that some people really like this hotel while others thought it was just fair. If you want a place to stay in Laguna that's very reasonably priced, close to everything, and clean, this is a safe bet. The hotel staff is professional and very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the restaurant side are quiter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneLynn
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for providing us with feedback. I do apologize for the unpleasant experience but I am very happy that you brought it to our attention so that we can continue to improve our services. We hope that in future you can come back and have a pleasant experience with us. We hope to see you again and have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Nice location in Laguna, near beach and town. Staff was excellent: friendly and courteous.

The facilities were just fair for the price. By the way, the parking up back is a substantial extra charge. The parking was very tight. The room was on the small side. Wall paper was peeling on the corner adjacent to the bathroom. The carpet has certainly seen better days. The coffee machine was buried in a cubby hole under the TV, and difficult to access and see. Bed reading was hindered by lack of decent lighting.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be preferable to basement (down one story from entrance and parking lot) rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rob e
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review. I am happy to hear that our staff provided you with excellent service but I am sorry to hear that our facility didn't match up to your standards. We always want our guests to leave our hotel with a great experience and we are always looking on ways to improve and your feedback helps us do so. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms so I do hope that when you come back you will be just as excited as we are for our new look. May you have a wonderful day and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I've seen this place many times when in Laguna Beach for the day. The hotel looks so tropical and welcoming, I made a note to stay here sometime in the future. I can see why the reviews are so good as there are many pros with this hotel, but I found the beds hard as a rock. The mattress was a Serta Concierge Emerald. I googled it and many results say it's plush, but there was nothing plush about the mattress and it had a basic mattress pad with no padding (no 2-3 inch foam insert, etc). I'm perplexed by the reviews stating how comfortable the bed is.

PROS:
Location - steps from the beach, on the strip close to all the shops, Ralphs next door, Taco Bell and a cafe right across the street, Mare restaurant at the location and the food is GOOD
Price - very affordable considering the prime location
Staff - nice, professional
Free wifi in room
Refrigerator in room
Nicely remodeled bathroom
Pool - nicely landscaped grounds, clean area, pool nice temp
Breakfast - no, but they have bottled water, coffee and pepsi products that are complimentary which came in handy at the pool

CONS-
Bed uncomfortable
The restaurant could be loud for guests by those rooms
Air conditioner - window unit, confusing. Seemed to stay on constantly if set to auto. I was constantly turning off, turning back on, setting sleep timer, etc.
My room (Room 29, first floor, toward deep end of the pool) had loud, vibrating pipes. Not sure if it was because I was by the ice machine or if it was the room above me, but it was loud and had I not been really tired, not sure if I would have fallen asleep.

I'm not sure I'd go back. As great as everything else is, the comfort of the bed is a top priority for me when staying somewhere.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 29 and the walls vibrating and wailed from loud pipes. Also, room 76 is by the rest...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dixied12
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Guest,
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in town. As you mentioned our mattresses do get a lot of good reviews which is why we are sorry to hear that you didn't find them comfortable. However, we understand everyone's preferences are different and we do appreciate your feedback. We hope that in the future you can give us a second chance and have a better nights rest. Thank you, may you have a wonderful day.