“Wonderful hotel reflects the Laguna Beach experience”

Holiday Inn Laguna Beach
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Wonderful hotel reflects the Laguna Beach experience”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This hotel is in a great location and reflects the quaint and rustic charm that one expects in such a historic location. The brief walk to the beach and downtown takes you by a number of fine restaurants and boutiques.

The suites are very large with a great floorplan and spacious bathroom! They are situated at the upper end of the property, which allows for maximum privacy.

The hotel staff was incredibly friendly, courteous and professional in making sure our stay was thoroughly enjoyable. Most hotels respectfully treat you like a paying customer. This Holiday Inn treats you like you are their personal guest. We are already planning to stay here on our next visit to Laguna Beach in March 2015.

Room Tip: Room 49, a King bed corner suite, is the best room on the entire property. Very romantic and quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank waynefrost
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Guest,
It thrills my staff and I to hear that you had a great time during your stay. We always do our best to take care of our guests and help them feel right at home. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we look forward to seeing you in March. May you have a wonderful day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Such a cute hotel...perfect for our "staycation" at the beach! The staff couldn't be nicer and they provide great amenities like free bottled water, sodas, coffee and popcorn for the kids. Parking is a little pricey, but you could definitely move your car to free parking in the neighborhood because you can walk everywhere.The pool was a little cold and there isn't a jacuzzi, but you are shielded from the wind and there are nice lounge chairs, free WiFi and pool towels. Perfectly located to walk to shops, restaurants and tons of little beaches. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are level with the back parking for easy loading and unloading, with less noise f...
2 Thank Gail K
keeptrack, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Hope your day is going well. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your staycation with us at our hotel. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with a wonderful review and letting us know how we are doing. The weather is getting nice and hot and it's perfect beach weather. We hope that you can visit us again soon. Have a great day.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

While not fancy or high end, the Holiday Inn in Laguna Beach offers a killer location in a town that's great to just wander around. Right off of PCH, you can walk out the front door to the beach, shopping, dinner, etc. There's a small but very quiet pool we found great for just reading a book during the day. Would recommend if don't need a lot of plush amenities (the rooms aren't huge) but a good location to take in everything Laguna and the surrounding areas have to offer. Warning, if you get there late at a night, we accidentally drove by it a couple times, was hard to spot.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MeljChicago
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and were able to enjoy a good book. It's a great way to relax and soak up some sun. We do hope you can visit us again and enjoy the wonderful weather we will be having this summer.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Holiday Inn at Laguna Beach has rooms facing an inner courtyard with a restaurant and a pool. I booked for one night, as I was attending a wedding and had to leave early the next morning. The staff were friendly and helpful. My room wasn't quite ready for check in when I arrived, but they allowed me to park in the parking lot and do a walkabout of the main street. It's a block from the water, about three short blocks from the main beach, with shopping and restaurants along the way.

When I checked in, I was told I had been upgraded, at no charge, to a suite. It was two large rooms (living room and bed room) and a large bathroom. It had a large bed, king I think, and the bathroom was larger than some hotel rooms I've been. The bathroom had a window looking down on the parking area. There was some rowdiness in the parking area in the middle of the night, but given that this is a beach town, and some of them were likely other wedding attendees, I consider that only a minor annoyance.

I wish I could have stayed longer, but I checked in at 3pm, wedding at 6, bed by 9pm, and out by 4am. All totaled, $15 for parking, and $199 for the room plus tax made me wish I was a tourist with leisure time to spend. Not bad for this area.

Across the street is a little breakfast place, up the street from that is a small restaurant that specializes in organic (including the grass fed beef). Right across the street is a Ralphs. The restaurant attached to the hotel is busy in the evenings, so I imagine the rooms adjacent might get a little more noise. The pool wasn't much in use when I was there, but why settle for a pool when the ocean is a block away?

My only complaint is if you have to haul luggage up the narrow stairs (no elevator). There are plants on the landings that you can't help but brush up against. It's difficult to negotiate the steps at 4am with a cooler and luggage quietly (tiled throughout). Aside from that, it was a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but you may get some parking lot noise. Top floor is suites. Second...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Laguna. I agree vacations are never long enough but we are happy to hear that although your stay was short you still had a great time. Hopefully on your next trip you can stay with us longer and enjoy our little town. Thank you for your review as it helps us see how we are doing. We hope that you can stay with us again soon and hope you have a wonderful day.
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the location. Central to everything in Laguna Beach. Service was outstanding. Staff made sure we were well taken care of. Room was clean amd nicely sized. Only thing to be aware of is 15 dollars a day for parking.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank railroadrob
Dear Guest,
My staff and I are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to experience the charm of our little town. Thank you for your review and letting us know that our staff was able to meet your expectations and provide you with excellent service. We do hope that you can stay with us again soon. Have a wonderful day.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The service that we received at this hotel was excellent from first check in to final departure. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The maid was efficient and sorted our room early each morning whilst I walked on the beach. Everything is close at hand and it is easy to walk to restaurants , shops and the beach. I liked the fact that a variety of free hot and cold drinks were available throughout the day and early evening.

Room Tip: The top floor away from the pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
keeptrack, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Laguna Beach, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay. We are happy to hear that you found our hotel accommodating to your needs. We strive to make our guests stay with us as comfortable as possible. We hope that you do visit us again soon. Have a wonderful day.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

holiday inn is one of my favorites in laguna beach, California. I can not count how many times we have states at this location thru out the years. Of course Laguna was amazing!!!!! Never a dull moment and I just love all the activities, from shopping, great restaurants, great beaches, sunset bonfires, hiking ... I could go on and on. One down side was the service at this hotel. They were very stuffy this trip and not very forth coming. I've stayed at higher end hotels such as Surf & Sand and Montage but I like Holiday Inn because it's a cute boutique like hotel and usually the staff is amazing. Trying to get extra towels was a nightmare, staff while trying to do my check in after a 4 hour drive from Las Vegas was horrible and thru out are 7 day trip they seemed to be less helpful. Usually I found the staff to be young college students, full of life, cheerful and helpful. This trip the staff was a bit older and seemed very miserable. I will most likely stay here again as Laguna is one of my favorite spots. Overall we had an amazing spring break and no bad attitude was going to ruin our trip.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing us a review about your stay with us. We thank you for your feedback and would like to apologize for not meeting your standards. We are always looking on ways of improving and you are helping us do just that with your review. We do hope that you can stay with us again and have a better experience. Thank you, have a good day.