Holiday Inn Laguna Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)
Coast Inn(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Shores(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetcourtyard poolralph's grocery storeupgraded to a suiterooms facebottled waternice poolreception areano elevatorsan diegoper daywithin walking distanceparking feelocation is greatshops and restaurantspageant of the mastersart galleries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2009

This hotel was neither well-appointed nor well-staffed and was FAR overpriced. For the price of nearly $200 per night, one wouldn't expect that the cleaning services carts would live outside of their room day-and-night and that the restaurant/bar wouldn't be the haunt of barely 21-year-olds who scream and vomit (YES!) in the booths.

And getting in-and-out of our room was a joke, requiring a long walk through the entire establishment, up and down stairs. No thanks, we'll stay anywhere but here next time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel. From the very first phone call I was impressed. Josette answered all of my questions and offered helpful suggestions. I was traveling with my sister who has mobility issues/needs. Although this hotel is not beachfront, it makes up for that with charm and hospitality. The marble lobby is inviting and lovely, with comfy seating, a fireplace and free popcorn available. There is a restaurant on site, however we did not visit it during our stay. Our room was delightfully comfortable, with lots of cushy pillows for each bed and an awesome walk in marble shower - my sister was in absolute heaven with that!
There is a nice pool, with plenty of loungers and chairs around. Each lounger had a towel rolled and placed neatly at the foot. Additionally there were several tables and chairs around and in the vicinity of the pool. Loads of flowers, ferns, tropical plants and wrought iron gives this hotel a lovely Mexican villa appearance and atmosphere.
Located on PCH, the beach is immediately across the street, with the main beach of Laguna just three short blocks away. For those who may have mobility or handicap issues, I would suggest the main beach as across the street will require several steps down to the shore - steps meaning stair steps.
I travel quite a good deal, and I must say this was one of the nicest hotels I have had the pleasure to stay at for the price. Superb value indeed!

1  Thank zengecko
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Holiday Inn in Laguna Beach is definitely good value for money. For a good price you get a fantastic location and a pretty good hotel with no major flaws. Hotel is walking distance from the beach and Laguna Beach "village". There was plenty of parking in the lot and the grocery store across the street was very convenient.

This is an older Spanish style building, but it has been maintained to relatively good standard and there were no cleanliness issues. Our room was actually larger than I expected, but it was very dark with poor lighting. Windows also face the courtyard, so for privacy reasons we ended up keeping curtains mostly shut. Public spaces in the hotel were actually very pleasant and the pool looked nice, but ended up not using it.

The main complaint I have is around smoking. We had a non-smoking room, but the hotel is not completely non-smoking. To my "delight" I woke up one day to cigarette smoke drifting into our room and a horrible hacking smokers cough. Another guest had decided to take his cigarette break basically 5 feet from my pillow.

Beds were not too comfortable, more on the soft and worn side. I woke up with a sore back every morning.

I would definitely stay again if I wanted good value for my money. But if I was after a special treat, I would save longer and pick something a little more upscale.

1  Thank travelling_rocks
Reviewed 19 June 2009

Best location. Away from most of the traffic but walking distance to the beach. Loved the coffee shop/deli across the street and the grocery store too. Rooms were dated and smelled kind of musty. Pool was pretty good and the kids liked it. Very friendly staff, we changed rooms when we got there because we were stuck in a corner, and it was no problem. Liked it for a night, might have gotten old after a few days.

1  Thank KCTRAVELKansasCity
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Great bang for the buck. Nice courtyard feel that made me feel I was in mexico. Staff very friendly and constasntly cleaning the property.I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple