“Unimpressive”
Review of Sapphire Laguna

Sapphire Laguna
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapphire Laguna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brooks
Transit: Mass transit and Laguna shuttle on the same block.
Description: The cuisine at Sapphire Laguna is characterized by Chef/Owner Azmin Ghahreman's distinctive international style, its cornerstone is the freshest possible local ingredients. The evolving menu changes seasonally - based on what is freshly caught and available from small farms, nearby markets and artisan suppliers. Chef Azmin's says: "When you dine at my restaurant you are traveling through the world's markets with your palate, and you don't even need a passport." Sapphire Laguna also features reach-in wine vaults which house an eclectic wine collection - more than 900 bottles, emphasizing varietals from around the world. All vintages are stored in temperature-controlled units behind a rustic wall made from actual wine staves. In addition, approximately 25 wines by the glass are available. Menu samples and wine offerings can be found on Sapphire Laguna's Website.
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Unimpressive”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We went in for salad and dessert at about 9:00 p.m. They weren't busy but the server treated us as if we were an inconvenience to him. The food was ok. The desserts were horrible. Definitely not worth it.

Visited April 2014

Cartersville, Georgia
“Sapphire PANTRY Breakfast Sandwich. Worth the wait...”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Every time we stay in Laguna Beach, we come to the Sapphire Pantry for the Traditional breakfast sandwich! The sandwich is HUGE and it is made to order so it comes out super fresh and piping hot! DELICIOUS! The atmosphere of the tiny little shop is really nice and they have freshly made gourmet sandwiches as well as a case full of freshly made sides/entrees for lunch/dinner.
**WORD OF WARNING** It takes a while to get your breakfast sandwich. Be prepared to wait. At least a good 10-15 minutes. Never less than that. The girls that take the orders are really nice, but not very organized. We've been a part of a few mix ups.
We always grab a coffee at Laguna Coffee (because it's really good), and pick up a sandwich at Sapphire Pantry. We walk across the street and enjoy our breakfast on the beach! It's Awesome!!

• Visited February 2014
Placentia, CA
“A wonderful birthday dinner”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

A friend recommended this place. She had had lunch there quite a few times eating outside and looking at the beach. We ended up there for dinner on my birthday. Though we had made a reservation for an outside table, when we arrived there was none available. We did get a table inside near a window so that he was the same. The restaurant is really nicely decorated and the food was outstanding. We had an appetizer, a salad and a main dish that we shared. The lamb sirloin was outstanding. It was my birthday and they presented me with a complimentary dessert.
I also ordered potato chips as an appetizer and they never arrived. That was disappointing, but everyone was really friendly and kept wishing me happy birthday so I left happy and sated.

• Visited April 2014
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful patio matched with well portioned meals ”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Our group of 16 had made a reservation weeks in advance and were thrilled to have our patio seating ready and waiting. Our waiter Jeff was helpful and the food was quite tasty. We had 7 kids in the mix so I was quite pleased with the selection for the kids and how well they were treated (they were at their own table next to us). Our personal favorites were the potato chips, salmon with sweet potato and rib eye with lobster ravioli. Manager came over and asked how things were and seems genuinely interested in our experience.

Overall a great stop of dinner in a beautiful area, we can't wait to visit Laguna again soon.

1 Thank CurlCouple
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Because there is no GOOD rating, I have put AVERAGE as the restaurant didn't deserve a VERY GOOD.

My husband's Caesar salad starter was ok, but my Beetroot salad was a joke. The accompaniments were a few rocket leaves and a shaving of cheese, however, the beets had been pickled in so much vinegar they were inedible. There was no culinary skill in that and I felt cheated as the beets were vile. Nobody asked why I had left my starter.

My husband's Paella was nice and my crispy skinned Barramundi was delicious albeit extremely rich, but my meal was sooooo hot, I had to wait five minutes before I could eat. The plate unnecessarily scalding which made its contents stay hot for too long.

Having said all that, the service was good and we would return.

• Visited March 2014