“fresh and fast”

Mandarin King
Ranked #76 of 172 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 August 2012

A very small restaurant with fresh delicious food, fast and friendly service. Reasonably priced menu great sizzling rice soup and "seafood happy family" ambience is pretty non existant as the dining room is so small but the food is worth it. They do carry out.

2  Thank Pahrump_NevadaKim
There are newer reviews for Mandarin King

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Been going to Mandarin King for years. Nothing fancy. The staff is attentive and the food quality is always fresh, w/o any MSG.

2  Thank EasyGoingTraveler
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

We loved this restaurant! It started with a yummy salad they brought us and then we ordered pot stickers that were great as well. Our three main dishes were outstanding - Honey Walnut Shrimp, Spicy Pepper Chicken & Chicken Fried Rice. All were among the best we've ever had. The location was great for our hotel which was on the north end of town and very walkable for us but I saw they had a great takeout business that would work no matter where you are in town.

2  Thank bhaseagulls
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Pleasantly surprised by good food and extra friendly service. Nice 'buzzy' atmosphere with a clientele that seemed almost all regular locals, hence I guess why few Tripadvisor reviews of this resteraunt. Food all seemed very fresh - with good tasty prawns with honey and walnuts and an excellent Szechuan fish. With the Pu Pu starter platter and soft drinks came to $25 per person, so seemed excellent value.

2  Thank TJCLeicester
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I live in Long Beach now but used to work in Laguna, and one night found this place by accident - I am glad I did! Now everytime I'm down that way, I try to stop by. I love everything here, and if you love Chinese food, you will too! One of my favorites is the PuPu Platter with different appetizers. Mmmm, this is always a must for me! Love their entrees also, I've had the orange chicken and sweet & sour and some others, but I can't remember them all:) I also highly recommend the hot tea and the egg drop soup:)

It's easy to drive by this restaurant if you don't know where it is, so pay attention! Staff is always very friendly. Hope I'm not getting mixed up - but I believe the stairway down to Crescent Bay Beach is just a few blocks away, which is a nice place to go see after dinner:) Have fun!

2  Thank hollym506