“Curds and Cream”

Alessa by Chef Pirozzi
Reserve with OpenTable
Alessa by Chef Pirozzi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 173 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The Burrata was accentuated with sea salt, unfiltered extra virgin olive oil, Italian
artichokes and olives. I rescued and relished each buttery bite.

Speck, which is Smoked Prosciutto, and a labor of love...to the glorification of pork.

One could get lost in such a pasta as the Lamb Pappardelle, braised lamb shoulder and shaved ricotta salata. There was something distinctive, exquisite..purely marvelous. The aroma and flavor preyed upon my humanity. The lamb was too tender to have once been a shoulder.

Cinghiale Gnocchi was prepared with house-made wild boar sausage, mushroom,
Calabria chili and arrabiata sauce. Disarmed and plagued by the disposition of this CHINGADO gnocchi, I am forever forlorn. Eternally afflicted by the arresting flavors and exceptional preparation....redemption eludes me.

Five Cheese Gnocchi was sauteed with Gorgonzola Dolce, Fontina, Mozzarella,
Parmigiano and Affumicata. The gnocchi was not as tender as I have previously experienced, but the cheese sauce is pasta gone wild.

Grazie!

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Yes it's busy, yes it's loud, but that's half the fun! The food was great as was the service :). Maybe the only thing I can say is, I wish the pear on our appetizer was ripe... Sometimes it's the little things that make the difference :)

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stopped off in Laguna beach while driving from LA to San Diego and we are so glad we walked into Cucina Alessa for lunch. We have one of our best meals during our trip (bear in mind we're both veggies). The service was very good, we didn't feel rushed. The food was really tasty and fresh.

Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We found this local Italian by chance. They make simple dishes with incredibly high quality ingredients. There's kind & attentive service. We sat on the terrace with a heater over head and had a lovely convo with a German couple who once sent their daughter to the less than salubrious British market town Grimsby! Ha ha!
It's a place where the food is just really tasty and worth the money-
Warm focaccia came with a pesto dip.
The breaded olives stuffed with cheese were delish
Fabulous wine
Tasty salad.
One of the best meals we've enjoyed so far on our 4 week USA adventure!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a lovely dinner here. The lobster ravioli melted in your mouth. I had the lamb pappardelle dish and it was superb. They cooked the lamb for 8 hours.